Muse Maiden From Montreal - Sept 28-Oct 12 - Montreal to FLL

Master Echo

Beware, you may get to see some of them as well Les

The silly thing is that there really is some lovely art on the ship. The Rome and Florence paintings are super.Even some of the modern art is ok. But some of it just looks like something kindergarten kids did with some big photos, some crayons and paint plus a put of glue and scissors.Nice frames though.

I do wonder if they bought the frames and forgot to take the inserts out and hung them anyway! lol

First impressions, mostly we like the Muse and it's layout. The suite ( mid ship Veranda) is better than the Spirit. The bed is a proper length, 6' plus can sleep ok. The muted colours work well. The bathroom in particular is excellent with a good, full size tub.

It's a little weird to find no shelves in the bedroom but there are more than enough drawers.

The clothes closet is better than the Spirit, with the ability to hang full length dresses, but the closet should have been about 3 inches wider. Jackets at the back of the rail have to be hung slightly off centre and sleeves can be caught by the top drawers.

The TV's in the mirrors work well but it means that the mirrors themselves are darker than normal, not so good for the DW sitting at the desk with her makeup.

We miss the proper moving map, weather, position channel that has disappeared and been replaced by a rolling position of all the fleet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Many thanks Silver Spectre for your lovely pics of us arriving in Portland this am. The blue skies belie the temperatures out of the sun, as there is a keen cold wind felt particularly when we were out at Cape Elizabeth.

The ship seems deserted now - 18.25 pm - think everyone is out having Maine lobster in town!

Also agree Silver Spectre on your comments re the closets in the cabin and also do not like the loss of the navigation chart showing our position. They also dont state in the Daily Chronicles, the location of the rest of the fleet,

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Thanks Silver Spectre and Master Echo for your continued and very welcome Muse impressions & observations. Mr. Silver thanks for sharing your excellent snaps--hopefully the internet is working well for you. Does the Muse on board computers work like the Wind's and let u get online?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Silver Spectre and Master Echo for your continued and very welcome Muse impressions & observations. Mr. Silver thanks for sharing your excellent snaps--hopefully the internet is working well for you. Does the Muse on board computers work like the Wind's and let u get online?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Wes, just working with the complimentary 1 hour a day. There are no computers as per the Wind, just a couple of staff workstations near reception and the tour desk in Dolce Vita.

Hi Wes, just working with the complimentary 1 hour a day. There are no computers as per the Wind, just a couple of staff workstations near reception and the tour desk in Dolce Vita.

Trying to understand Dolce Vita. Is it supposed to be like Seabourn Square?

No, Dolce Vita is the main bar area and the Arts Cafe is a bit more like Seabourn Square.

Yes, only a bit like Seabourn Square without the comfortable chairs, without the workstations, without the fine coffee, pastries and snacks.

We definitely agree with Silver Spectre about Kaiseki. The food was great and worth the price. (And of course, dining with the Silver Spectres made it even more enjoyable!)

To work up an appetite for Kaiseki, we walked back to the ship from the historic Faneuil Hall area, making a stop at the New England Aquarium, and another at the Yankee Lobster House, for the best and largest lobster roll I've ever had. That reminds me, it's time for the Fitness Center.....

Thanks to Silver Spectre for keeping things up to date with his posts.together with the excellent photographs.

American immigration at Portland proved to be extremely stress free and the easiest encountered to date. Consumption of lobster ashore by Muse passengers eased the burden on ship's supplies. Whilst Maine lobster is claimed to be the best, the question hangs over how the creatures recognise the demarcation between Canada and the USA.

The call at Boston yesterday proved enjoyable ship wide, with further consumption of the shellfish ashore.

It was a dash back to the Muse yesterday afternoon to be on time for Trivia. This was Luke's first session of the cruise and only his second ever. He donned a Fincanteiri hard hat as a precautionary measure in case of any flak. In the event the hat was not needed.

The weather continues to be calm and generally sunny with the temperatures rising with each degree of latitude south that we cross. Tomorrow in New York we have a forecast of 23C, 73F.

A Bridge visit this morning highlighted the differences between a state of the art cruise ship and older vessels. Paper navigation charts have given way to fully electronic systems. Thanks to Silver Spectre for Introducing me to my public during this visit.

Rumours circulate that the decor on both the Whisper and the Wind will be changed in the near future to reflect the style of Silver Muse.

A full programme of events tomorrow in New York beckons.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Whilst Maine lobster is claimed to be the best, the question hangs over how the creatures recognise the demarcation between Canada and the USA?
What’s this? You haven’t seen our under water wall? The Donald fooled everyone with his chatter of a wall down Mexico way, when all along he was furiously working on securing our northern border from invading lobstahs.

What’s this? You haven’t seen our under water wall? The Donald fooled everyone with his chatter of a wall down Mexico way, when all along he was furiously working on securing our northern border from invading lobstahs.

I know you've posted in jest, but.......... lol :p

Keep it up guys.... always good having a live report.

BTW are you still having to make reservations or has this now expired? I know ME has said its from the next voyage, Atlantide and Indochine become a combined "open planned" choice, so I'm guessing that means for now you still have to book.

And if that's the case, hows that gone? With a cruise nearing capacity, I'd certainly be interested in how things are on this front given the initial hoo haw.

Cheers

I know you've posted in jest, but.......... lol :p

Keep it up guys.... always good having a live report.

BTW are you still having to make reservations or has this now expired? I know ME has said its from the next voyage, Atlantide and Indochine become a combined "open planned" choice, so I'm guessing that means for now you still have to book.

And if that's the case, hows that gone? With a cruise nearing capacity, I'd certainly be interested in how things are on this front given the initial hoo haw.

Cheers

The reservation issue doesn't change until after Ft Lauderdale, it's still a bit of a nightmare if you wish to eat flexibly and relatively early. We eat later and it's less off a problem. Managed to get a switch to the Silver Note last night for two at 6 hours notice, but getting a table for 4 in Atlantide is impossible before 9pm.

The reservation issue doesn't change until after Ft Lauderdale, it's still a bit of a nightmare if you wish to eat flexibly and relatively early. We eat later and it's less off a problem. Managed to get a switch to the Silver Note last night for two at 6 hours notice, but getting a table for 4 in Atlantide is impossible before 9pm.

I'm really not sure how not having to book solves anything..... other than a mad rush to get in early on a first come first served basis for a table.

It would be eased if menus across Atlantide and Indochine were transferable, which it isn't, so with the exception of the few extra tables gained by removing a great asset (Atlantide bar) I'm intrigued to see guests views once it takes place. I can see it a bigger problem if I'm honest.

Fingers crossed it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums