Gem Library

bones774

The Jewel class, including the GEM have a small library. Seats maybe a dozen folks. A fairly decent collection of books. Some to check out, some to just take and return if you finish.

Personally, I would consider taking a couple of books. Great on the plane reads, or waiting around and they really do not take much room. My wife had two on the last trip and we only do carry on. I had lots on my tablet.

Here is a picture of the library. Maybe two more bookcases that you can not see.

I agree with the poster above - I have not found the library to be sufficient for my reading needs when cruising, particularly for trips 10 days or more. I load my reader and also take at least one book for use when in a location where using a reader might be difficult due to glare from the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

well now i know why i don't have one yet. just did a quick search, what generation? what SD cap? Wi-fi? etc.,

Kindle PAPERWHITE, that’s all you need to know. It has 4GB internal memory (holds tons of books), and is WiFi enabled which is how you download the books from Amazon to the Kindle paperwhite.

The paperwhite has a anit-glare touchscreen making it easy to read bright sunlight. My wife currently has 617 books on her paperwhite. In the U.S. it costs $119.00 at Walmart, BestBuy, Target, etc.

I second the suggestion for the Paperwhite, the library has had very limited hours on our cruises. You can get one that just uses Wi-Fi and download books before you go or go for the one that has 3g and Wi-Fi and download on the go. The Wi-Fi only is a little lighter and cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk