Escape Deck 8 cabin question

barb65

We are thinking about booking a cabin w/large balcony on Deck 8 on the Escape. I notice on the ship layout that these cabins are above the Escape theater. If anyone booked one of these cabins, did you experience noise from the theater? Suggestions to cabin number?

We just got off the Escape two weeks and were JUST reminiscing how fantastic our room was on Deck 8! We were in 8134 which is port side in the closest mini suite in that area. I only had 45 steps to get to the District Brew House which was fantastic. We had no noise from any Waterfront venue, nor the theater! The NCL Escape was one of the best vacations we have ever been on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

This question has been asked about these cabins on the ships with this layout (Breakaway, Getaway and Escape), and I have yet to read of one person saying they heard anything from the theatre.

We were in a similar cabin on the Getaway and had no problem. It is my cabin of choice on these ships.

We were in cabin 8154 this past April (not one of the large balcony cabins) and I would definitely warn anyone against this cabin or any close by. Being just steps from the Brewhouse was one of the only positive things I can say about it😕

There was really no way of knowing when we booked that it is situated directly above the shuffleboard court and was noisy most of the day. We also heard booming theatre noise on at least four evenings.

Farther down (I'd say maybe 8144 and forward) should be far enough away from shuffleboard. Not sure how they don't get the theatre noise though!

Thank you Aquaman for your input. We took your advice and just finished booking Cabin 8134 on the Escape for our cruise next summer (2018) to Bermuda out of NYC. Wanted to grab this cabin before someone else did!

• 3 months later...

Oh dear, we are booked for this month on the Escape in 8746, on the Starboard side. Is there shuffleboard on Deck 7 on both sides of the ship? Worried now about that and potential theatre noise. Challenge is it's a guaranteed balcony, so I can only hope we may be able switch at the port! Alas, such is the risk we take to save some money -- luck of the draw, so can't really complain I suppose!

We just got off the Escape two weeks and were JUST reminiscing how fantastic our room was on Deck 8! We were in 8134 which is port side in the closest mini suite in that area. I only had 45 steps to get to the District Brew House which was fantastic. We had no noise from any Waterfront venue, nor the theater! The NCL Escape was one of the best vacations we have ever been on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That will be our cabin in January, with BIL in the cabin next door...I look forward to sharing the number of steps with our group. :-) We booked that based on our last Escape experience, where a cabin crawl brought us to one of those awesome rooms in the secret hallway.

We are thinking about booking a cabin w/large balcony on Deck 8 on the Escape. I notice on the ship layout that these cabins are above the Escape theater. If anyone booked one of these cabins, did you experience noise from the theater? Suggestions to cabin number?

we were with friends who were on deck 8 just above theatre and next to food republic and they moved their room half way through cruise! noise was unbareable!! guess it depends where on deck 8 you are

If you want to see if they can change your guarantee assignment, do it NOW>..once on the ship, there will likely be NOTHING available. Most lines will switch you to another cabin of the exact same category, if it's available. Don't wait!

Thanks everyone! Have spoken to my travel agent, balconies are sold out, but he's putting me on a wait list, so hoping something will come open in the next week (probably unlikely, but crossing my fingers). If nothing changes, oh well, will just have to plan limiting the times we'll be in the cabin while the shows are going on. Good thing we're night owls!

• 3 weeks later...

To close the loop on this....just back from the cruise. AVOID cabin 8746! It is directly over the theatre (and by my estimation, very close to the stage) -- booming noises, music, and vibrations whenever the shows were on, as well as off hours on occasion. The worst was Tuesday evening -- no shows scheduled so I imagine they were practicing after the comedy show ended. We are talking non-stop vibrations and booming until at least 12:30am. Unfortunately the ship was fully booked so couldn't move. As noted above, the more forward cabins are probably clear of the theatre, so no issues (check the deck plans, you can see that the theatre doesn't reach right to the front of the ship).

Also, we were directly over the starboard side shuffle board. That actually wasn't a big issue as we weren't usually 'home' during the day. So, yes, some clinking and whatnot -- but not terrible. However, this might be a problem for some folks. (Note there are shuffle boards on both port and starboard sides).

The cabin layout itself (family balcony) was great, and we loved being on deck 8 as we spent a lot of time in the Atrium and main dining rooms. But the specific location of 8746 is beyond terrible!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We just got back and were in cabin 8722. We loved it. Balcony was HUGE, we were very close to everything and didn't hear a single sound. We did have a couple of things thrown down on our balcony but it was a New Year's cruise, so I expect a little of that.

I was in 8758 in November and had no complaints. It was 3 cabins down from Food Republic. There was slight bass noise a few times but nothing unbearable or even notable. It was always quiet by bed time plus we use a white noise app for sound anyway which I'm positive would've cancelled it out. We could be at the Brewhouse in 20 seconds, elevators in under a minute and O'Sheehans in under 2 minutes. Great location and I would do it again.

Edited by ray98
  • Like 1

Came off the Escape two weeks ago. We had three cabins: 8750, 8754 and 8758. I occupied 8758 and only heard some thumping one time during the cruise late at night - It was when the Brat Pack show was going on. Ended around 11-11:30 a.m. The rest of our party never heard anything in their respective cabins. I was so worried because I read the comments from the reviewer regarding the shuffleboard noise and never heard anything.

We were very happy with the cabins that NCL assigned us since this was a last-minute Sailaway rate. Decided to withdraw our upgrade bids after receiving the assignment.

We loved the location and its proximity to Food Republic, the District brewhouse and waterfront. We plan to book these same cabins again.

Came off the Escape two weeks ago. We had three cabins: 8750, 8754 and 8758. I occupied 8758 and only heard some thumping one time during the cruise late at night - It was when the Brat Pack show was going on. Ended around 11-11:30 a.m. The rest of our party never heard anything in their respective cabins. I was so worried because I read the comments from the reviewer regarding the shuffleboard noise and never heard anything.

We were very happy with the cabins that NCL assigned us since this was a last-minute Sailaway rate. Decided to withdraw our upgrade bids after receiving the assignment.

We loved the location and its proximity to Food Republic, the District brewhouse and waterfront. We plan to book these same cabins again.

So on the deck plan, you can walk from your deck 8 cabin down a hall to Food Republic and Brew House?

So on the deck plan, you can walk from your deck 8 cabin down a hall to Food Republic and Brew House?

We walked out of our room to the left and were only a few steps away from Food Republic's back entrance. Across from FR's entrance and maybe 15 steps was the back entrance to Brewhouse. Between those two, there is another hallway that leads to the elevators, waterfront and the front entrances to both FR and The District Brewhouse.

• 6 months later...

AVOID CABIN 8742 AT ALL COST ON NORWEGIAN ESCAPE. We came back from a cruise (July 29-Aug 5) and the noise and floor vibrations from the theatre below was beyond manageable. Every morning for 6 days (out of 7) from around 8/9am-12pm, we were woken up to loud music and heavy thumping. Every night for 5 of the 7 nights from 7pm-12am, the floor vibrated like we were at a night club and the music was loud and unbearable. We called to complain every single day/night.

Additionally, the noise from people playing with the shuffle board was directly beneath our room and that was ridiculous as well.

This was a nightmare of a cruise for us. From the room, to the food. I do not recommend deck 8 unless you don't like to sleep at night or if you just like being woken up without an alarm.

Incredibly ridiculous given what we paid - only to deal with that sort of madness.

Based on location of those who had issues, and those who didn't, my sense is that this is mostly isolated to a small set of cabins on the starboard side. I was in 8746 and @justpinky had issues in 8742 which was 2 doors up from us. Seems cabins in this direct area on the port side didn't have as much of an issue. And anyone in the larger cabins (starting at 8736 starboard, and 8136 port side) also had no issues because they are clear of the theatre below (you can check the deck plans and you'll see which cabins on Deck 8 overlap the theatre). As I mentioned, location itself is great -- the noise, not so much!

• Like 1