Let's Escape aboard the Escape, LIVE October 14th!

BugsyCruiser

Check in process and boarding. Remember these are just my opinions and grades and are in no intent any kind of "slight" at the cruise line. No line or port is perfect. There is a difference between constructive criticism and outright bashing and there is nothing wrong with saying "I didn't like or care for this and here's why." No one should take it as someone is just complaining about everything.

Of course we have all seen the ones who do nothing but complain but I've pretty much dismissed those kind of reviews and the people that do them.

Check in process was quick and since it was my first time sailing from the port and sailing NCL the agent went over everything with me. I appreciated that. The boarding took longer than I had liked. I was checked in by 10:15 am but didn't board till noon. Pier 18 at Port Everglades for Oasis class is in a league by their own as I have checked in quick and many times very shortly after, boarding began. Guest services did inform me that even though people select a check in time online, many just show up at the same time and hence the longer boarding times. But I thought I read on your check in that if you showed up earlier than your time you would be asked to come back at that time.... Doesn't sound like it's being enforced. Just my opinion.

Overall grade: B

Would I sail from Miami again: Yes

Sent from my Samsung Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Initial impression boarding the ship: WOW. Loved the led chandelier in the atrium. Loved the attention to detail and the clubby feel of many of the places(Cagney's, Moderno, etc.) Loved the enthusiasm of the crew(more on this later), they seemed geniunely happy to be there. For some reason it was a little confusing to figure out which was aft and bow at first but I attribute this to being on a brand new line and ship for the first time ever. The Waterfront is amazing(more on this later as well).

Overall grade: A+

Cabin: I had 11782, a balcony on the starboard side of the ship. It was on the forward hump so I appreciated the additional size of the balcony. Although I must say the balconies on Escape all looked of decent size which was a plus considering how many of them were very small on Breakaway and Getaway. Cabin was nice although more channel selection on the tv would have been nice. Yes I know who watches tv when you're on a cruise but more channels would have been great when I did.

Bathroom was great and I loved the water pressure in the shower! The step up is tricky and I nearly tripped a couple of times.

Overall grade: A minus

Would I book this type of cabin again: Yes

Nice to meet you at the M&G. I got tied up on another machine that was hitting so I did not make the slot pull. Just curious if you guys did any good? I went ahead and bought a couple of Cruise Next certificates as I plan to book the Bliss for late next year.

Nice to meet you at the M&G. I got tied up on another machine that was hitting so I did not make the slot pull. Just curious if you guys did any good? I went ahead and bought a couple of Cruise Next certificates as I plan to book the Bliss for late next year.
We each lost 5 dollars but had a lot of fun. I've booked Bliss to Alaska for next August

Muster drill and sail away party

Muster drill to me felt like a lot of chaos. It might have been due to the fact that so many people had to stand it just seemed to drag on and on and on. Then it was like a free for all when the drill was over but sadly there isn't much that can be done about that.

Sail away party was probably the best one I have been to! So much energy and fun. Andre, the cruise director and his assistant Dave did a great job. Sail away from Miami was also great. The ship was facing west so we turned around in the basin and then headed out. It lasted much longer and to me was much more scenic.

Overall grade:

Muster drill: D

Sail away party: A+

Food:

Best ever I've had on a cruise. Yes you read that correctly. I did specialty dining the whole week as I very rarely if at all visit the buffet or MDR on cruises anymore. Best restaurant? Food Republic hands down. Moderno was meh.... food quality was very good and my server was great, it was just a little too slow paced for me.

O'Sheehan's was the place to go for breakfast.... never crowded!

Overall grade on food: A

Activities: So much to do on the ship! It was overwhelming at times. I thought the entertainment was excellent. Andre was a great cruise director. I enjoyed the late night parties held in Spice H20 but I did not go to the Glow Party. Yes I know people will be stunned by that admission but it was my choice as sometimes I don't do well in crowds or when things get very loud. However trust me, I was never bored on this ship.

Loved Howl at the Moon and After Midnight.

Overall grade for entertainment: A

Pool area: Like a lot of ships, there's never enough pool space. I loved the Waterslides and Spice H20. The main pool needs to have a shallow end though.... a depth of nearly 7 feet meant no one could stand in the pool. I did not get a Vibe pass but then again I wasn't looking to get one either.

Pool, waterslides, and Spice H20 overall grade: B

Bars: Loved the bars that I visited. Found the staff to be very friendly. As with all ships it seems they always put the best bartenders at one location and to me it was Tobacco Road hands down. 5 o'clock somewhere bar? Meh.... to me it's not a comfortable place to sit. Chocolate Cowboy was good but to me he tried to be too funny and impressing the women which meant on more than one occasion, he was forgetting other people's drinks. I know many people adore him and I know he is going to Bliss so am I willing to give him another chance? Yes

Overall grade on the bars: A-

Biggest WOW factor:

The Waterfront. Loved this concept of being able to dine outside enjoying the view

Biggest disappointment(s): Margaritaville to me is a waste of space. Just didn't enjoy the place and I think something better could have gone there. I see they are putting it on Bliss as well so it is what it is.

And Tim aka Yorkvillian is correct..... when I saw Harmony in Cozumel I did not say "gee I wish I was on that ship instead." Loved Harmony, but Escape sold me on NCL. Hence the reason I booked Bliss on board. NCL has earned my repeat business for sure.

And with that LIVE from Norwegian Escape has concluded. I would like to thank everyone who followed along on here and my Periscope broadcasts. I hope you found this review enjoyable and informative.

Until next time.... ;)

Chris

Thanks for another great “Live” review. I always enjoy tagging along and gaining your perspectives. I also enjoyed your “scopes.”

This review was especially good because my wife and I are also interested in trying an NCL cruise at some point. Sadly Escape will be repositioning to NYC next year so we likely won’t get to try her for sometime (not fans of cruising out of NYC). But your review addressed a lot of questions for me (especially about the waterfront), so we’ll look for a Breakaway or Getaway itinerary at some point.

Thanks again looking forward to your next “Live” review.

Cheers

Tom

What's a vibe pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Vibe beach club on deck 18. They only give out 70 passes on embarkation day at Headliners. If you're not in boarding group one you have no chance of getting one though

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk