Pride of America Review - 26 August 2017 to 2 September 2017

felicityd

Hi Felicityd,

Did you happen to look at the wine list ?? Its a BIG anniversary for us, and we are been advised that we can take 2 x bottles of wine on board with us ....but with a $15USD corkage fee per bottle !! Just wondering whether to bother taking something we like from NZ or not :) Thanks

My mother and I are non-drinkers so we didn't, unfortunately! We did get a bottle of champagne with our suite that went unopened because we don't drink. Sorry!

Glad to hear such a great review for your tour with Ken in Hilo - we have the same one booked. What time did he meet you at the pier? Was it easy to find him? Even though he sent very good instructions, I always worry about these things.

We were worried about the same thing, but he was waiting just inside the building with a sign that said Mary Lou's Big Island Tours. He then walked with us out the front to where he'd parked the van. He's a very nice guy! I believe we met him at the pier around 8am. We had no problems with any delays getting off the ship - actually it's one of the things I like the most about NCL POA, how easy it is going to and from the ship. The only time I had to queue was coming back from Kona.

Because my mother is in the wheelchair he was great about helping me unpack it and making sure she was okay and had plenty to drink. He even stopped at a fruit market on the way back to the ship to buy her some guavas. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

We were worried about the same thing, but he was waiting just inside the building with a sign that said Mary Lou's Big Island Tours. He then walked with us out the front to where he'd parked the van. He's a very nice guy! I believe we met him at the pier around 8am. We had no problems with any delays getting off the ship - actually it's one of the things I like the most about NCL POA, how easy it is going to and from the ship. The only time I had to queue was coming back from Kona.

Because my mother is in the wheelchair he was great about helping me unpack it and making sure she was okay and had plenty to drink. He even stopped at a fruit market on the way back to the ship to buy her some guavas. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Thanks so much, you've certainly eased my mind. We are not on the POA - the Jewel is doing a repositioning cruise from Alaska to the South Pacific and Australia and we are on the leg from Vancouver to Honolulu with stops in Hilo, Kauai and Maui (overnight). We've been planning this trip for almost a year and finally board 3 weeks from tomorrow.

Margi

My mother and I are non-drinkers so we didn't, unfortunately! We did get a bottle of champagne with our suite that went unopened because we don't drink. Sorry!

Thanks anyway - hubby doesn't partake often. But I thought a bottle of bubbles for this special occasion might be suitable

xx

Thanks so much, you've certainly eased my mind. We are not on the POA - the Jewel is doing a repositioning cruise from Alaska to the South Pacific and Australia and we are on the leg from Vancouver to Honolulu with stops in Hilo, Kauai and Maui (overnight). We've been planning this trip for almost a year and finally board 3 weeks from tomorrow.

Margi

That sounds amazing! I hope you have a fantastic time!

Pride of America - Freestyle Dailys

I will I could take credit, but the following links to the Freestyle Dailys for the PoA cruise beginning Saturday June 10th. I had found these earlier, but now cannot find again or I would link to the earlier post.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B95YmEnUkHNDd3RxZ25YaGYweHM

Thanks to whomever had originally posted.

Pride of America - Freestyle Dailys

I will I could take credit, but the following links to the Freestyle Dailys for the PoA cruise beginning Saturday June 10th. I had found these earlier, but now cannot find again or I would link to the earlier post.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B95YmEnUkHNDd3RxZ25YaGYweHM

Thanks to whomever had originally posted.

Thanks for posting the Viva Vino :cool:

• 1 month later...

Hi felicityd, thanks for your review, we sail next year!

Silly question about the free hotel night? We chose this too but Do I have to call anywhere to book this or does NCL will book for us?

Also, how do I go about adding one more night at this hotel prior to the cruise? Our flight gets there very late at night so We would like to get there Thursday night instead of Friday. I saw you did this so wondering how that works?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We took the option also, they booked the room and we called and added an extra room to it . From what I have read here when you get to hotel it is all set up and room number is already done and shuttle to ship time is already done

We took the option also, they booked the room and we called and added an extra room to it . From what I have read here when you get to hotel it is all set up and room number is already done and shuttle to ship time is already done

Thanks! Do you remember by any chance how much time in advance they booked the room? Also I assume you called the hotel to add the extra night not NCL right?

Mr. And Mrs. Smith, I checked my notes from calling Marriott and they told me ncl gives them the list of names two weeks before cruise date , they have a standing contract for a block of rooms each Friday. I am to call then to coordinate our rooms with the precruise room. She did say that the ncl check in is separate from the regular check in