Is the back of Deck 8 on the Dawn too noisy??

shanivy14

Crap crap crap.

So apparently someone's review is that the back of Deck 8 (aft- is that the right word) is noisy untill 3am because of the nightclub?? My exact room number they said was noisy as heck

Flipping booking this tomorrow with no mention. It'll be Jan and I'll have a 4 yr old so anyone know? I will literally throw myself from the balcony if noise keeps me awake . Its the one thing bothers me most I the entire world.

Where's the best place to be. I avoided the mid ship balcony's because most of what was there was obstructed or partially obstructed? I'm sorry I'm so clueless this will be my first cruise.

Anyone have an opinion on where the best place to be or deck to be on the Dawn is for a balcony. On either deck 8 or 9???

DO NOT book an aft facing balcony (8676 or 8176) on deck 8. They are directly above the speakers in the lounge below and the booming bass will keep you awake for hours. I speak from experience as we booked one of these on sister ship Pearl a few years ago. There is a good reason these two aft facing staterooms are among the last to be booked.

We prefer booking staterooms on "sandwich decks" with staterooms above and below us. We sometimes chose other locations but always check to see what is above and below us.

Here is a link to free website drag it decks. You can use the stairways or elevators to help you line up the decks to see what is above and below you.

There are other such websites, this is just one I like.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Dawn

Edited by kjquilts

DO NOT book an aft facing balcony (8676 or 8176) on deck 8. They are directly above the speakers in the lounge below and the booming bass will keep you awake for hours. I speak from experience as we booked one of these on sister ship Pearl a few years ago. There is a good reason these two aft facing staterooms are among the last to be booked.

We prefer booking staterooms on "sandwich decks" with staterooms above and below us. We sometimes chose other locations but always check to see what is above and below us.

Here is a link to free website drag it decks. You can use the stairways or elevators to help you line up the decks to see what is above and below you.

Thank you so much this is exactly where I'd have been booking tomorrow and it would definitely have ruined my cruise. 3 days at sea first I'd have killed the dj by then.

I'll check that website out! 😊

Thank you so much this is exactly where I'd have been booking tomorrow and it would definitely have ruined my cruise. 3 days at sea first I'd have killed the dj by then.

LOL, glad to be of help because I don't want you arrested. Dawn isn't really a sister ship to the Pearl but does have the same setup with aft facing balconies on 8 directly above Bliss Ultra Lounge on 7.

I'm the one who originally linked that trip report in your other thread. While you should DEFINITELY take noise into consideration (and not book that room!), try not to sweat the small stuff too much. I remember what it was like, picking my first cruise and being terrified of making a mistake, but you seem very stressed out. Don't set impossibly high expectations for yourself (or the ship). You'll know by the first evening whether cruising is for you, and the little details won't matter so much.

(Note, I am not saying this room noise issue is a little detail. That's why I posted that link. But you seem generally anxious (I know you're kidding but you've mentioned killing yourself and/or the DJ), and you should enjoy the booking and planning process.),

Edited by AdoraBelle

I'm the one who originally linked that trip report in your other thread. While you should DEFINITELY take noise into consideration (and not book that room!), try not to sweat the small stuff too much. I remember what it was like, picking my first cruise and being terrified of making a mistake, but you seem very stressed out. Don't set impossibly high expectations for yourself (or the ship). You'll know by the first evening whether cruising is for you, and the little details won't matter so much.

(Note, I am not saying this room noise issue is a little detail. That's why I posted that link. But you seem generally anxious (I know you're kidding but you've mentioned killing yourself and/or the DJ), and you should enjoy the booking and planning process.),

Your aren't the person who said I was cracking you up are you? 😂 And just to put it in writing no I will not be killing myself or anyone else over a boat lol.

I'm not that stressed lol I must be coming across a little crazy via computer

Personally noise for me with a young child is a big big no. Hence the post ☺

I AGREE! I speak from experience as well. Matter of fact the OP is probably talking about my post.

We were in an aft-facing balcony on the Dawn in June. 8676. Extremely loud every night.

We always book aft-facing but on Deck 10! Once on 9 and it was fine.

This year we panicked because no May cruises (our preference) and the June 3 we were booked on, in 10230... Was cancelled for more dry-dock time.

My TA said it would be noisy but in my mind I hear myself saying Who Cares, we'll take it!

Your aren't the person who said I was cracking you up are you? [emoji23] And just to put it in writing no I will not be killing myself or anyone else over a boat lol.

I'm not that stressed lol I must be coming across a little crazy via computer

Personally noise for me with a young child is a big big no. Hence the post ☺

Trust me you'll be coocoopachoo for real in 8676. But only between 11pm and 3am.

And for the OP, I don't know where you are seeing balconies that are obstructed? Only obstructed views are ocean views, not balconies. You should be ok with any mid ship balcony.

I also agree. There are no obstructed balconies. Deck 8 forward and aft have some enclosed balconies but that is it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ever heard of the song "Kill the DJ" by Green Day? That song must have been written by someone who had that cabin on the Dawn prior to you.;)

And for the OP, I don't know where you are seeing balconies that are obstructed? Only obstructed views are ocean views, not balconies. You should be ok with any mid ship balcony.

Just to clarify...Are you saying ALL balconies on the Dawn are not obstructed views?

Are the staterooms in the 8630 -- 8636 range and the 8130 -- 8136 range quiet?

They do not appear to be over the lounge.

Boom - da - boom - da biddy boom !X!X!X!X!X!

The volume and intensity of the entertainment is relative to the distance from the source namely The Bliss

Lounge Deck 7 Aft.

Take a look at this link for deck 7:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Dawn

CLICK ON DECK 7

Now take a look at the same link CLICKING ON DECK 8 - note the number of cabins above the Bliss Lounge that have the

potential of noise issues - the further away from the source the noise mitigates to a low manageable roar !

Not only are the aft balcony cabins affected but the inside ones also.

This wraps around the entire aft area - the closer to the center stage the more the noise.

Not every night is full of hull rocking pounding BASS entertainment - but just when you thought it was safe to

resume 40 winks crashing symbols may reunited you with a sorcerous apprentice run amok !

If interested in these cabins in this area DEMAND a fair price - buyer beware !

Alternative solution - move up to Deck 9 and better yet Deck 10 but expect to pay more and those in the know

book these cabins early.

Regarding obstructed balconies - really no such thing !

Perhaps some confusion with hull balconies those on lower decks close to the life boat davits have a full

balcony but is framed in steel. Looking from within the cabin a steel outline is visible - go out on the balcony

and the view is not impaired.

Ocean View cabins are the only cabins with an obstructed view.

Inside cabins - what obstruction !

• 10 months later...