Dancing on the Getaway

Boo2

My hubby and I are considering a cruise on the Getaway for December. We are avid dancers and I've seen that one of the dining rooms has a dance floor.

Is there actually dancing during dinner or only before/after dinner? Are you assigned a dining room when you book or do you just go to the dining room that you want to eat in? If you are assigned a dining room, can you request the one that you prefer to dine in?

Thanks!

There is no assigned dining on NCL The aft MDR Tropicana on Getaway does indeed have a dance floor and when we went it had live music. There were short performances by the Burn the Floor dancers a couple of nights but other than that the dance floor was available. We saw one table with two couples who quite enjoyed being out there during dinner. If you want to eat in Tropicana every night you certainly may, and even request the same servers if you prefer. We lucked out and had a good wait staff at lunch the first day and they told us to ask for them in the Tropicana when we went at night. Their tables were right by the dance floor so it was a very good view.

• 3 weeks later...

I danced with my grandson last December...it was great. And for my granddaughter's birthday the band (and whole dining room) sang happy birthday to her. She was awe struck! Have a great cruise!

(I am going again in a few weeks but leaving the grand kids behind.)