Thanks NCL for offering us great new ports on the Dawn for our New Year cruise

Russ Lomas

I know some people will not be happy that the Dawn is still set to sail from San Juan, but I am not one of those people. I am very happy with the hard work the people at NCL have done securing new ports for us to visit to replace the three we will miss. I hope the people of Puerto Rico are well and their recovery comes quicker than some of the media are forecasting. We will be there to bring you some of our tourist dollars in December and hopefully assist you that way in your recovery.

Oh, and by the way, below is the new itinerary some of you may want to jump on since there are a few islands the main cruise lines do not always visit that the ten day 2017 New Year cruise on the Dawn will be porting in - just added...St. Croix, St. Vincent, and the Grenada.

Revised

San Juan, Puerto Rico --- 9:00 pm

At Sea

St. George's, Grenada --- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Kingstown, St. Vincent & the Grenadines --- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Bridgetown, Barbados --- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Castries, St. Lucia --- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Fort-de-france, Martinique --- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Basseterre, Saint Kitts - Nevis --- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

St. John's, Antigua --- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands --- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

San Juan, Puerto Rico --- 7:00 am

We made out pretty well for Christmas also. I know there are a lot of PR residents booked on both so I’m sure NCL took that and it being holiday sailings into consideration when making the changes.

I am sure that was taken into consideration. Pretty tough to tell all those PR residents after what they went through that they now would have to pay for airfare to Florida just to sail back to the islands that are right beside them. I am sure we will have a lot of PR residents on board. Should make for a fantastic New Year celebration.

We are very excited about this cruise. As far as we're concerned the itinerary just went from great to even better! Can't wait to ring in the New Year!

Could not have said it better myself. It started out as very good and now is even better in our opinion.

This new itinerary does look fantastic. I am looking at the NCL.com site and I cannot find a Dawn sailing in December. Will you please provide the sailing date. I would like to contact NCL to see about pricing. Thanks.

They are offline right now while they update the itineraries. They should be back up later tonight or tomorrow.

This new itinerary does look fantastic. I am looking at the NCL.com site and I cannot find a Dawn sailing in December. Will you please provide the sailing date. I would like to contact NCL to see about pricing. Thanks.

Sail date for this particular cruise is December 28th, 2017. A couple decent promos on as well, though no 3rd and 4th guests for free, like when we booked it about 10 months ago.

• Free at Sea
  • icon-CanadaAtPar-60x52_0_0.pngCanada at Par
  • icon_$_orange-60x52_2.pngUp To $1,000 Free Onboard Spend
  • icon-HolidayBonus-60x52.pngHoliday Bonus - Free Onboard Spend

I am sure that was taken into consideration. Pretty tough to tell all those PR residents after what they went through that they now would have to pay for airfare to Florida just to sail back to the islands that are right beside them. I am sure we will have a lot of PR residents on board. Should make for a fantastic New Year celebration.

Could not have said it better myself. It started out as very good and now is even better in our opinion.

Exactly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

I know some people will not be happy that the Dawn is still set to sail from San Juan, but I am not one of those people. I am very happy with the hard work the people at NCL have done securing new ports for us to visit to replace the three we will miss. I hope the people of Puerto Rico are well and their recovery comes quicker than some of the media are forecasting. We will be there to bring you some of our tourist dollars in December and hopefully assist you that way in your recovery.

Oh, and by the way, below is the new itinerary some of you may want to jump on since there are a few islands the main cruise lines do not always visit that the ten day 2017 New Year cruise on the Dawn will be porting in - just added...St. Croix, St. Vincent, and the Grenada.

Revised

At Sea

What a great itinerary and a couple of new or almost new ports for NCL cruisers. I just hope it all works out for the industry and for the residence of PR. Have;p a great time.

Revised

At Sea

This is a fantastic itinerary! Not as optimistic about ours as it seems St. Lucia and Barbados have been taken away and Cayman Islands and Jamaica added. Would have loved Grenada, Antigua, St. Vincent, or St. Croix.....Have been to ABC islands twice so we're getting a cruise I would not have booked. Would love to be on yours!!!

Revised

At Sea

Whoa! Just looking at that makes me tired!! Have a great time!

Been procrastinating booking this cruise but been closely monitoring for many months especially after the hurricanes. We are not too picky about itinerary just want to get some where warm and enjoy the sun. Also this cruise works with our schedule as our 10 year wedding anniversary is 12/31! My biggest hangup is just getting flights to and from SJ.

We will be traveling from South Dakota so we are limited in options. I wont hesitate to drive to Minneapolis or Omaha if I have to. But what flights/airline leave the US and travel to SJ frequently or offer decent prices.

I understand its a premium to fly to there that time of year and I can justify paying more to get there. But I think my issue is getting connecting flights based off of my location.

Ideally I don't want to travel the entire trip from SD to SJ in one day and would prefer to get some where south out of the snow at least a day before the ship leaves to eliminate any snow storms etc causing delays.

If that means flying multiple airlines so be it. I just need to determine the flight from the U.S. to SJ and figure out how to get to that location, essentially working backwards. if that makes sense. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

Ncl dawn november 26th 2017...is anyone concerned with St.Croix as one of the new ports Ncl chose to replace St.Thomas??? The news is not good out of St.Croix from what I have read. Other cruise lines have cancelled stops in St.Croix and replaced with different ports...any feedback please...thx

Been procrastinating booking this cruise but been closely monitoring for many months especially after the hurricanes. We are not too picky about itinerary just want to get some where warm and enjoy the sun. Also this cruise works with our schedule as our 10 year wedding anniversary is 12/31! My biggest hangup is just getting flights to and from SJ.

We will be traveling from South Dakota so we are limited in options. I wont hesitate to drive to Minneapolis or Omaha if I have to. But what flights/airline leave the US and travel to SJ frequently or offer decent prices.

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate your 10th anniversary. Hope you can join us on the cruise and meet us on the Roll Call.

We are flying in 3 days early so we can enjoy San Juan. It is (was) a beautiful town that I recommend people add a few days in when cruising out of San Juan. I cannot comment about flying out of the South Dakota area since we live in Eastern Canada, but I do know that there are a fair number of flights from southern Florida to San Juan for a reasonable cost usually. Pretty good chance if you stayed there, you would not be snowed out for your flight into San Juan. Prices for San Juan will likely not be cheap for you. We booked within 24 hours of them being released to obtain the best price. Only advice would be to keep checking multiple times per day since the prices fluctuate a lot and if you have flexibility in your airports, you will likely get better pricing.

Ncl dawn november 26th 2017...is anyone concerned with St.Croix as one of the new ports Ncl chose to replace St.Thomas??? The news is not good out of St.Croix from what I have read. Other cruise lines have cancelled stops in St.Croix and replaced with different ports...any feedback please...thx

I was a bit perplexed that they ADDED St. Croix to our itinerary, but I did some reading and it sounds as though they are actually in pretty good shape already from having a major hurricane pass through 2 weeks ago. Two months from now, I think you will be fine.

Revised

At Sea

Hello had to cxl our last cruise and was looking to book on this the itinerary you got looks great question is ncl.com has st Vincent as 5pm to 8 am is that a typo because yours says 8 to 5

Hello had to cxl our last cruise and was looking to book on this the itinerary you got looks great question is ncl.com has st Vincent as 5pm to 8 am is that a typo because yours says 8 to 5

The NCL website obviously has a typo on it. The website says from 5pm til 8am at St. Vincent, but if you look at the next day, it has us arriving at our port at 8 am. Unless they can make it from one island to another in zero minutes, they obviously have a typo on the website. Our email clearly states that every single port we visit we arrive at 8 am and set sail at 5 pm. Hope to see you aboard the Dawn when we sail.

I understand its a premium to fly to there that time of year and I can justify paying more to get there. But I think my issue is getting connecting flights based off of my location.

Ideally I don't want to travel the entire trip from SD to SJ in one day and would prefer to get some where south out of the snow at least a day before the ship leaves to eliminate any snow storms etc causing delays.

If that means flying multiple airlines so be it. I just need to determine the flight from the U.S. to SJ and figure out how to get to that location, essentially working backwards. if that makes sense. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

not sure of your dates so I used 12/26 to 01/06 and southwest has it for 740 with 1 stop at BWI each way