Norwegian Escape

foxyreg

Hi, booked my cruise on Escape few months ago, final payment is done. I see last week price drop of 150$ p.p for same cabin i booked(balcony) its 300$ for 2 people. Anyone know if a possibility to get refundable the difference ?If not possible to get something extra to compense at least? I called the agent(smartcruiser) where i book the cruise and called also NCL and they said they can't. Not a good way to treat customers i think.

When you booked, you were happy with that price. If NCL decides to later lower the price in hopes of filling a few remaining staterooms, that doesn't mean that NCL owes you some form of compensation.

Enjoy your cruise. Some guests paid more than you did for their balcony. Some paid less than you did.

often times there are things that you got (onboard credit, free something) that aren't included in the new price. you can contact Norwegian and they will change the reservation sometimes, generally before you make final payment. It never hurts to ask.

@two wheels only :D:D:D its a way to see it, but i still think i paid 300$ too much, Anyway i will enjoy the cruise when i'll be on ship.
Think of it this way...

If you didn't book when you did and waited, what if the price had gone up?

If you didn't book when you did and waited, what if all balcony staterooms were sold out?

If you didn't book when you did and waited, what if the remaining balconies were all in a bad lcation?

Think back to the second after you booked and how happy/excited you were. Nothing (for you) has changed.

I say "you dont get what you dont ask for". Call them. Talk to them. Drop subtle hints about being "extremely disappointed" that this sets a bad tone for what should be a nice vacation, and then about switching to a different line next time. tell them you would feel all better with a little On Board Credit or a free spa thing.

If it's after final payment date, I don't care what cruise line you choose, the result will be the same. If you want to upgrade and pay the difference, they'll do that, but you may lose whatever perks you got, depending on what's available at the time of the upgrade. Other than that, there is no option. If you paid for your cruise and it's not final payment date yet, then they will adjust the price.

Last two cruises (Gem and Breakaway) we booked a balcony room and found a significant price drop about a month out. We inquired and while there was no price adjustment, both times we were offered a "free" upgrade to a mini suite.

It's worth giving them a call

I called them and asked for something like an upgrade or onboards credits and they told me they can't. They told me if minisuite price drop to the same price i paid for my balcony they will upgrade me to a minisuite, i think they should give me at least an upgrade to minisuite right now. By the way mini suite is it much bigger and better than balcony?

thank you for the information, in an other category of question, can we bring with us a bottle of alcool? i think we can bring a wine bottle in our past cruise but not sure, anyone can tell me? only wine or possible to bring an alcool bottle like gin?

I bought a car 2 months ago for $30,000 and now the dealer is selling exactly the same model for $5000 less. I called and asked for a $5000 refund today and they refused. What are my options. This is very unfair.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This happened on our sailing. Right after final payment was made there was a price drop. They do not give refunds after final payment. They were willing to give us onboard credit or an upgrade. Onboard credit was a only a percentage of the price drop, it wasn't dollar for dollar. Call and ask.

@ CazV ,If you don't like the post, you can just past away too. If i reply to all post i'm not approving, its will probably be long but o i just past away, you should did same with my post ;)

I can assure you that I don't feel the need to respond to everything. I'm genuinely interested to know if the price went up do you think you should then pay the difference? I notice you failed to answer that question though.

Hi, booked my cruise on Escape few months ago, final payment is done. I see last week price drop of 150$ p.p for same cabin i booked(balcony) its 300$ for 2 people. Anyone know if a possibility to get refundable the difference ?If not possible to get something extra to compense at least? I called the agent(smartcruiser) where i book the cruise and called also NCL and they said they can't. Not a good way to treat customers i think.

It’s similar to plane fares and car rental fares and somewhat like car purchases. Supply and demand determines price at buy time. At least NCL doesn’t kick this in until 90 days prior.

Fair? Maybe not, kind of agree with you, but it is what it is. If they didn’t do this, everyone would pay the same price and nobody gets a discount...but we will have fun :D

I expect nothing after final payment and get nothing from other lines but was surprised w NCL last year. Price dropped and I called about it and they looked for an upgrade first and when couldn’t move me to better cabin gave 25% of the price drop as obc. Better than nothing .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums