Escape Upgrade Offer

Bootman4U

Admittedly not used to getting these emailed upgrade pitches but received one today for our Escape 6 January 2018 sailing. We are three in a Haven 2-bedroom. Owner's Suite (not the biggie) is available and assorted others. No way we are going to have the third person sleeping on the sofabed and without their own full bathroom so we will stay put.

I assume we received this because of the need to fill the ship or at least maximize the revenue from cabins.

Since the itinerary was altered I suspect there were some cancellations but the alteration came after the Haven drop-dead payment date.

I wonder if the company will discount what's left inventory-wise very much. Those who are obviously "into" these upgrade deals/possibilities more than we are can probably figure those odds.

I wonder if the company will discount what's left inventory-wise very much. Those who are obviously "into" these upgrade deals/possibilities more than we are can probably figure those odds.

NCL does begin to "discount" selected rooms as the sailing date approaches; we have witnessed this on our upcoming cruise. They also try to entice cruisers with additional perks, e.g., "Distinctive Voyages" and additional OBC in an effort to sell the empty staterooms.