A few questions for the NCL Escape...help!

poona1

Hello, fello NCL lovers...I am sailing the Escape on 10/28/17, would love to get some input on some questions I have...thanks

1.For which shows do you need to make reservations and how and when is the best time to make them?

lol...talk about 3 questions in one sentence

2. Do the dailies stay the same day after day for example in a month? I would love to plan out my cruise ahead of time

3. Are the food republic, bayamos and pinchos tapas open for lunch?

4. I know from the past, you can't have on anything, even a necklace or sandals for the insane drop slide, is this true?

5. Since we do not plan on getting visas, do we need any formal paperwork at least for Harvest Caye?

I know these are a bunch of questions but I promise anyone who answers these will get a big wet kiss...lol....and of course, a grateful thanks

1. You really don't need to book reservations unless you want to make sure that you get primo seats (middle of theater, half way up). I booked seats for my trip to the After Midnight show just so i wouldn't have to line up as we had dinner reservations before. My suggestion is to book reservations for AFter Midnight and For The Record on certain nights (depending on your plans for # 2 below) and then cancel them on the day if you aren't planning to go.

2. Daily is generally the same for each cruise (meaning Norwegian Night Out is generally 2nd day, White Hot/Glow Party is generally 2nd to last night). The only things that may change depending on your ports/days are the day time activities. This hurricane season has changed all the ports so some of the day time activities might change because the boat will be in port.

3. Don't know about this as I'm not going on the Escape until Thanksgiving week.

4. Yes, no loose clothing, jewelry, shoes, rings, etc to go on the drop slide.

5. You won't need visas, but you have passports, right?

Hello, fello NCL lovers...I am sailing the Escape on 10/28/17, would love to get some input on some questions I have...thanks

1.For which shows do you need to make reservations and how and when is the best time to make them?

lol...talk about 3 questions in one sentence - I think you should do them before, they fill up quickly, you can always cancel. Brat Pack and After Midnight I think are the only ones you can do before.

2. Do the dailies stay the same day after day for example in a month? I would love to plan out my cruise ahead of time The dailies should basically stay the same (I posted mine from Sept 16th).

3. Are the food republic, bayamos and pinchos tapas open for lunch? don't know, but the hours are on the dailies I posted

4. I know from the past, you can't have on anything, even a necklace or sandals for the insane drop slide, is this true? TRUE

5. Since we do not plan on getting visas, do we need any formal paperwork at least for Harvest Caye? No passport or Visa is needed, you can get your passport stamped in Roatan (there is a booth as you head out of the shopping area) and Harvest Caye (ask at the information desk the guy is only there certain times) if you want to.

I know these are a bunch of questions but I promise anyone who answers these will get a big wet kiss...lol....and of course, a grateful thanks

Hope this helps, enjoy the ship, there is lots to do onboard. I know we did not see 1/2 the ship.

Bayamo is not open for lunch afaik. The NCL dining PDF shows it as open for lunch but I've never seen it open during lunchtime.

Pincho Tapas is open for lunch.

FR is weird. I've eaten lunch there while the ship was in port but many other CC members are reporting that it is only open for lunch on sea days.

lol...talk about 3 questions in one sentence

For the Record and After Midnight can be booked exactly 90 days prior to cruise on your MyNCL account.

You can also booked paid Supper Club cabaret show (offered only once per cruise).

On embarkation day you can book a comedy show (early shows for families and late shows 18+). You can also book complimentary dinner shows in the Supper Club,,, which sell out quickly.

2. Do the dailies stay the same day after day for example in a month? I would love to plan out my cruise ahead of time

They will vary from week to week a little, especially depending on guest performers and their schedules.

3. Are the food republic, bayamos and pinchos tapas open for lunch?

Sea days, food republic and oinchosnare open. Limited hours, so don’t miss out.

4. I know from the past, you can't have on anything, even a necklace or sandals for the insane drop slide, is this true?

Nothing. Not even rings.

5. Since we do not plan on getting visas, do we need any formal paperwork at least for Harvest Caye?

Depends on your nationality. Your visa status will be verified on embarkation

The Escape is our favorite ship. Enjoy.

We cruised on the Escape in June and September of this year, which were our 4th and 5th on her. (Love this ship!) Food Republic is closed for lunch on port days, but I did see it open for an early lunch when we weren't arriving at port until noon (Nassau). The hours for all venues will be posted in your Dailies.

We didn't do the drop slide, but can highly recommend the tube slide. No need to remove jewelry for that one.

Food Republic is our favorite. So happy to see they have it planned on the Bliss! Bayamo is open for dinner and I can highly recommend it. We also enjoyed Pincho Tapas.

but can highly recommend the tube slide.

How fast and twisty is it? Any big drops?

No big drops. You can go on a single tube or double tube. It goes through some different colored areas, a dark area, and through a clear area where you can look down over the side of the ship.

Very fun, but not scary.....like that drop slide appears:eek:

No big drops. You can go on a single tube or double tube. It goes through some different colored areas, a dark area, and through a clear area where you can look down over the side of the ship.

Very fun, but not scary.....like that drop slide appears:eek:

Ok perfect thank you! I will try it then!

I love slides but "tame" ones are all I can handle anymore 😉

Do you just line up when open...are there waivers to sign or anything?

I am staying on board all except GSC so will plan to slide on a port day

Ok perfect thank you! I will try it then!

I love slides but "tame" ones are all I can handle anymore 😉

Do you just line up when open...are there waivers to sign or anything?

I am staying on board all except GSC so will plan to slide on a port day

No waivers to sign. The Dailies will say what hours they are open. Short or no lines when you are in port, so that's a great day to try it. Have a great cruise:cool: