The art of Packing light

Minoushka

our cruise has changed ports and as a result not sure which route we will take northern or southern for transat in Nov

How is someone supposed to pack light if we dont know more than that ?

I have a bit of everything but its adding up to lots of stuff in 2 suitcases ....suggestions ?

I.m starting to look like apack mule ...plus I like pretty clothes

Michele

our cruise has changed ports and as a result not sure which route we will take northern or southern for transat in Nov

I have a bit of everything but its adding up to lots of stuff in 2 suitcases ....suggestions ?

Michele

I am doing precisely the same right now. I am thinking I will pack all my heavier jeans, sweats, jerseys etc into my carryon. They fold up easy and I can fit all the heavier clothing in there.

It wont be exactly winter though (I hope!) - and the inside of the ship remains the same - I am however cutting down on beach/pool wear. I love all my nice clothes too - My evening outfits will remain the same. Need all my shoes :D

You will still be heading fairly south - I dont think the Star route will be as bad as Epic. Aside from Marseille your weather may well be pretty nice. We have always had great weather in the fall TA cruises.

Take your nice clothes, check in the bags, life is too short not to enjoy your pretty "feel good" things :)

Michele

I always start out packing by days meaning I put an outfit together for each day that includes what I'm going to wear during the day & what I'm going to wear at night. Doing that should cut down on what I bring right? Nope because I then add a piece of clothing here and there that I "might" want to wear. Pretty soon the suitcase is stuffed. And then there's the shoes, luckily they are mostly sandals. I always bring clothes & shoes home that I didn't wear. I do find putting clothes in zip lock bags and squeezing the air out helps with room in the luggage but not the weight. Now if I'm packing for an Alaskan cruise, all bets are off!