Oasis to visit Southampton U.K.....

RJL58

Having checked the Southampton Port schedules after the 12 Feb update, Oasis will call on 8 Nov. Arrival time 12.00pm leaves 19.00.

JUST time for a quick look round ;).

Solstice was also on the the schedule in 08, but she sailed right past to FLL so will see what happens with Oasis...........

RICH

I'd heard it was possible -- and the ship is on track to be finished early (even earlier than the last announcement that RCI was adding pre-inaugural short cruises).

I can't imagine though that RCI would bring Oasis to the UK for one day. That's ridiculous. We'll check all this out, though, and report back.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

PS Sorry for italics, can't for the life of me figure out how to turn off. Not sure how it was turned on in the first place :)

The schedule is full of mistakes and this is about version 7. Marco Polo is not arriving on the 20th October and sailing on the 2nd October unless we have time travel cruises, (it's actually the 2nd for arrival and departure), we're not getting Voyager twice and there is no Saga Pearl II at present due to Saga removing her from their vessel list. If Oasis came here she would be visiting a few days, not a few hours. My guess is they'll do as in 2007 when Navigator arrived the day Liberty left after a 4 day visit, only this time Oasis will meet Indy. Hope so anyway. :D

The schedule is full of mistakes and this is about version 7. Marco Polo is not arriving on the 20th October and sailing on the 2nd October unless we have time travel cruises, (it's actually the 2nd for arrival and departure), we're not getting Voyager twice and there is no Saga Pearl II at present due to Saga removing her from their vessel list. If Oasis came here she would be visiting a few days, not a few hours. My guess is they'll do as in 2007 when Navigator arrived the day Liberty left after a 4 day visit, only this time Oasis will meet Indy. Hope so anyway. :D

There is more on this story...although it is still a mystery :confused:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3058

Well ... that IS exciting.

If Oasis is there, I will be too - I would definitely take the three hour drive down for a peek.

And seeing as I will be in the area, how about an invite on board (powers that be if you are reading this)?

:D

Let's start a facebook group - 'Please let me on Oasis on November 8th'!

Anyone else want to join?

Oasis needs trees and grass! Could the provisioning be for this?

I know for a fact that RCL decided not to have Oasis stop for NYC festivities because of the foliage. My guess is that Southampton is a better place in November to load trees and grass than Finland that would then be planted while at sea.

What do you think?

Ron Russo

Executive VP, COO

Best Price Cruises

Oasis needs trees and grass! Could the provisioning be for this?

I know for a fact that RCL decided not to have Oasis stop for NYC festivities because of the foliage. My guess is that Southampton is a better place in November to load trees and grass than Finland that would then be planted while at sea.

What do you think?

Ron Russo

Executive VP, COO

Best Price Cruises

Good thinking but sorry nope as the grass/trees are being done between 17-21 Nov when ship arrives in FLL.

Well ... that IS exciting.

If Oasis is there, I will be too - I would definitely take the three hour drive down for a peek.

And seeing as I will be in the area, how about an invite on board (powers that be if you are reading this)?

:D

Let's start a facebook group - 'Please let me on Oasis on November 8th'!

Anyone else want to join?

Hi Jane

I would doubt very much they will let anyone on..with only 5 hours it would be a nightmare for security and also I would think they aint going to let anyone have chance to take pics etc before she arrives over in FLL.

It wont stop me from flying down though just to see her at the port :D

RCCL claims that no one will be touring before FLL because of the agriculture not being planted until then. They could be doing a ship meeting but I wouldn't be surprised if it was scheduled for safety. RCCL has stressed that the ship was designed for the calm caribbean waters so they may have that scheduled as a final safe harbor before crossing the Atlantic. That way if things are rough the can pause and recalculate routes or just wait it out. This ship has a structure like no other so who knows how she would handle huge waves in the Atlantic. The last thing you want to do is cause any kind of damage before anyone sees her. Before anyone jumps in to say she built strong, strong doesn't mean a storm want overwhelm her systems. She can only handle so much water before central park and other areas flood.

I would think it might be a publicity stunt by RCI, Mary. Afterall their sidekick Celebrity are naming Equinox in Southampton in the summer, maybe they want to show off Oasis a bit, just to give the media & a select number of RCI staff/agents a peek at her before Allure comes along. IIRC Allure is down to be named in Southampton, so it could also be a dry run to make sure she will fit properly and can berth safely.

Yes we are getting Voyager twice, once on her transatlantic arrival from Texas, then she goes empty to Germany for dry dock and returns to Southampton 10 days later for the start of her relocation cruise to Barcelona. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Does anyone know anymore about this?

It was posted on Southampton port schedule to visit in Nov but then was taken off. Oasis is expected to be delivered early so maybe she will pay a visit :cool:.

Here is alink to the port schedules so keep looking and let me know if she appears:D. http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/cruise_ship.asp

The ship will be finished in Florida so no one will be allowed on till then and is not planning any stops before then. If it does stop in Southampton it will only be a rest stop to ensure it's safe to cross the Atlantic. Even if they don't allow people on (which they won't) IMO just the sight of her in port would cause a huge commotion, especially since from the outside she will look done.

The ship will be finished in Florida so no one will be allowed on till then and is not planning any stops before then. If it does stop in Southampton it will only be a rest stop to ensure it's safe to cross the Atlantic. Even if they don't allow people on (which they won't) IMO just the sight of her in port would cause a huge commotion, especially since from the outside she will look done.

Living in Southampton, I can tell you that each time we have a new ship come in, it creates a buzz. If did when Freedom came in, then Liberty, then Independence. The Oasis will create a buzz like you would not believe.

It would be a shame if Oasis doesn't pop in. Don't expect there to be much onboard publicity, but just to see her would be a great boost for the industry, because if all goes to plan, after Allure, the third ship may be allocated to Europe for a few cruises. Well, I hope so anyway!!

Scrozuk

Living in Southampton, I can tell you that each time we have a new ship come in, it creates a buzz. If did when Freedom came in, then Liberty, then Independence. The Oasis will create a buzz like you would not believe.

It would be a shame if Oasis doesn't pop in. Don't expect there to be much onboard publicity, but just to see her would be a great boost for the industry, because if all goes to plan, after Allure, the third ship may be allocated to Europe for a few cruises. Well, I hope so anyway!!

Scrozuk

This ship is designed to sail in a warm and somewhat dry climate year round. Assuming that criteria, if one was allocated to Europe, where would it sail?

Archived