Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Port of Los Angeles

29 November 2018

Vision of the Seas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good find. 30 days after her arrival in Miami per current schedule. A few short Caribbean cruses then through the PC perhaps? May be enough time to go around the Horn but I dont think Royal are interested.

But then where? At that time of year, she sure ain't going to Alaska! Wouldn't have thought she is headed to Australia or Asia. Maybe back through PC to Galveston or Florida?

Could be a ruse for another ship, but unlikely given announced deployments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would love to do Vision through the Panama Canal.....

If there is only one round trip it will be very expensive each way..

I think all the PC cruises are pretty expensive. But it would be hard to pass up.

Seems that our TA on the Indy next may is showing sold out... redeployment or charter?? Looking for other TA's now..[emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on Indy right now - The Indy spring TA in 2018 is indeed cancelled the way it was released.....nobody knows what is going to happen - the guess is they will move it and make it longer not only 10 nights without any significant ports - will be interesting to see how they will protect the passengers already booked on it!

Vision is coming back to her favorite San Pedro home :hearteyes: ...and many of you said RCI would never be back :D:D:D

Stranger things have happened ;)

More chance of Vision going to Australia then California.

More chance of Vision going to Australia then California.

Ha, probably true! Paricularly given the timing, with Winter approaching in the northern hemisphere and summer in the southern.

Similarly, deploying her to Asia at this time of year would only make sense if they send her to the south Eg Singapore or Phillipines.

Perhaps she is headed for Auckland and Melbourne? You picked up those Radiance turnarounds in Melbourne recently. A ruse for Vision?

So Vision is either in Miami or LA on 11-29-2018?

Vision arrives in Miami on 10/31/18 from her TA and is now popping up in LA on 11/29/18

I see nothing in the LA Calendar for December so this is likely to be a one-time deal en route to somewhere else. Australia is likely.

Ha, probably true! Paricularly given the timing, with Winter approaching in the northern hemisphere and summer in the southern.

Similarly, deploying her to Asia at this time of year would only make sense if they send her to the south Eg Singapore or Phillipines.

Perhaps she is headed for Auckland and Melbourne? You picked up those Radiance turnarounds in Melbourne recently. A ruse for Vision?

Actually, ships used to "winter" in Los Angeles and do the Mexican Riviera run, where the weather on Mexico's west coast is not quite so steamy from October-April. Vision was seasonal when it first arrived, early this century, as was Rhapsody before her, and Song of America before that.

Actually, ships used to "winter" in Los Angeles and do the Mexican Riviera run, where the weather on Mexico's west coast is not quite so steamy from October-April. Vision was seasonal when it first arrived, early this century, as was Rhapsody before her, and Song of America before that.

Thanks for highlighting. It seems that Royal has since found some other places more profitable for northern winter deployment.

Never know, maybe they're back to home port in LA.

And the Nordic Prince and Song of Norway before that.

Vision arrives in Miami on 10/31/18 from her TA and is now popping up in LA on 11/29/18

I see nothing in the LA Calendar for December so this is likely to be a one-time deal en route to somewhere else. Australia is likely.

It could also well be that San Diego or San Francisco will be her new winter home port, and maybe LA is just a common port of call.

Those were the days. We have so many great memories from our cruises on the Left Coast.