Cold...Cold...Cold!!!

innlady1

I am so glad that we're flying out on Thursday for our Sunday cruise on Ryndam. It's 19 degrees here now...and is going to get worse...brrrrrrrrr! This happened to us in '09...it was 18 degrees when we left MA for FLL! :eek:

We only made it to 10 degrees today.

This morning it was 5 degrees with wind chills down to -15 degrees.

Suppose to be worse tomorrow morning.

Low -5, high of 8. Back to 40 on Tuesday. Very strange winter. We head to Fort Lauderdale in two weeks.

We listened to the weather report during our dinner tonight and heard our temperatures are going to drop to below zero in the next few days.

Brrrr. Baby it's cold outside and a Caribbean cruise sounds perfect!!!

Travel safely, Sheila, and have a great cruise.

Fair Winds and a Following Sea........

Thank you, Judy! It appears that the reprieve we've had the last 2 or 3 years with warmer temps and little or no snow are a thing of the past. :eek: We, too, were watching the local weather on Channel 7...the forecast is not pretty.

Thank you, Judy! It appears that the reprieve we've had the last 2 or 3 years with warmer temps and little or no snow are a thing of the past. :eek: We, too, were watching the local weather on Channel 7...the forecast is not pretty.

After all these years, I often ask myself what is keeping me here. Surely, not the weather.

Not quite that bad in Maryland but still COLD. High today was about 26 with a wind chill in the teens. It will be interesting sailing in thes Saturday after what looks like a pretty brutal muster drill. but at least I can hang the overcoat in the closet and forget about it until we return.

Have a great stay in Tampa and a wonderful cruise.

Roy

I envy you - would love to be going - and you don't know cold.

It is so cold here right now - I won't let the dogs stay out more than 10 minutes. With the wind chill it is - 31 degrees celsius (not fahrenheit).

Walks are brisk to say the least (other than the fur baby who had surgery and has to be walked so slowly). Looks like we are having this weather for the next few days:eek: I envy anyone heading to the warmth right now - of course you will be in shock when you return:):p

I am so glad that we're flying out on Thursday for our Sunday cruise on Ryndam. It's 19 degrees here now...and is going to get worse...brrrrrrrrr! This happened to us in '09...it was 18 degrees when we left MA for FLL! :eek:

Oh, p-l-e-a-s-e! It's -24*F here before factoring in the wind chill. Your weather is positively balmy!:D

Mike

After all these years, I often ask myself what is keeping me here. Surely, not the weather.

I can empathize ... And stop calling me Shirley :D.

I know those from Canada and New England will laugh, but in the D.C. area it was in the teens (F) overnight and did not get above freezing all day. With more cold forecast, and snow possible a couple of days this week, I'm envying my co-worker who is on cruise this week. Oh well, it's my turn on 18 Feb.

Many times we have left to go to Ft. Lauderdale in February and the weather was sunny and in the 50s or 60s (except for the 2010 Snowmageddon which we escaped by dashing south in the lull between blizzards), so we can probably expect fine weather around here mid-February this year as well. Either that, or if we see a storm coming, will leave early for the drive south, singing James Taylors' "I'm going to Carolina".:D

Dave

It is so cold here right now - I won't let the dogs stay out more than 10 minutes. With the wind chill it is - 31 degrees celsius (not fahrenheit).

Walks are brisk to say the least (other than the fur baby who had surgery and has to be walked so slowly). Looks like we are having this weather for the next few days:eek: I envy anyone heading to the warmth right now - of course you will be in shock when you return:):p

When I picture New Brunswick, I think of the (usually) pretty summer weather we have when stop there on Maasdam. Doesn't sound quite so appealing now with these freezing temps so much of U.S. and Canada are now experiencing.

Stay warm everyone.

It's 8 now w/ 30 mph winds and the power company just announced they are going offline from 2-6 am. To hell with them!

Huh ? :confused:

I haven't heard anything about National Grid shutting down for four hours.

What is this about?

they're going south. Here in Ottawa the penguins have been spotted at the local bird feeders. I'm kidding of course but is reaaaaaalllly cold here. tonight we are going to hit a frigid -38C with the windchill. I haven't seen my neighbors in days. Cars are stopped on the side of highways.

I'm glad that some of you are escaping as our cruise doesn't leave until Feb 16th.

Stay warm everyone! :D

I know those from Canada and New England will laugh, but in the D.C. area it was in the teens (F) overnight and did not get above freezing all day. With more cold forecast, and snow possible a couple of days this week, I'm envying my co-worker who is on cruise this week. Oh well, it's my turn on 18 Feb.

Many times we have left to go to Ft. Lauderdale in February and the weather was sunny and in the 50s or 60s (except for the 2010 Snowmageddon which we escaped by dashing south in the lull between blizzards), so we can probably expect fine weather around here mid-February this year as well. Either that, or if we see a storm coming, will leave early for the drive south, singing James Taylors' "I'm going to Carolina".:D

Dave

I remember that well, Dave...that's when, because of the snowstorms, you drove South with a flamingo flag in tow for our Meet and Greet!

Like you, we always keep an eye out for the weather...and book a flight two or three days in advance of our cruise...so that, if worse comes to worse weather-wise, we can get in the car and drive South.

Dave

Snowmageddon, love it! I have to remember that:D.

Our Norwich Terrier, Jessie, absolutely refuses to go out in this weather. We managed to get her out twice today...don't know what will happen tonight since it's so much colder. :eek:

When I picture New Brunswick, I think of the (usually) pretty summer weather we have when stop there on Maasdam. Doesn't sound quite so appealing now with these freezing temps so much of U.S. and Canada are now experiencing.

Stay warm everyone.

New Brunswick weather is marvelous - except in the winter:eek: We can have really nice winters and really tough ones - the water plays havoc with our weather. brrrrrrrrrrrrr - it's cold up here - stay warm all:D I spent my day doing my meet and greet invites (gotta do something to keep you up in this type of weather):D

Archived