UK Blog Post: What?s the most ?heavenly? shore excursion on earth?

LauraS

• Administrators

Have you ever participated in a shore excursion so amazing that the memory will stay with you forever? Thanks to cruise holidays over the years, I’ve galloped on horseback along Costa Rican beaches, cycled through the crazy traffic in Rome and kayaked around Venice, but I think my experience in northern Norway last weekend beats [...]

More...

I know that OH has had some wonderful snorkelling in the Caribbean, but one of his best was from Thomson Celebration in the Red Sea, to Paradise Island, where there was plenty to see under the surface, but also an osprey diving for fish nearby, on its way back to Europe for the summer....it might even have been our local one!

Mine is simple, and was only last year....from Vigo we took the ferry to the Cies Isles, with P&O.....it would bore some people silly, because it's a nature reserve, with just swimming from the white beaches, and nature trails round the island....very Spanish, with 2 simple cafes and a camp site. It was my dream of paradise, more than any tropical island.

Jo.

Labadee was pretty idyllic when we went in 2007 on LOS, but that was before the ugly new pier was built, and when there was unlimited access to all the beaches for all guests. Spent a very happy day there, but I wouldn't go back again, as I know I would be disappointed.

Venice is always terrific, and although I've not been, heard plenty of people say that St Petersburg has the wow factor. I'd imagine Rio would be the same, and Easter Island, and Bora Bora - all places I'd love to visit :)

Archived