When Will 2017 Schedule Be Released?

ABoatNerd

Hello.

I am in pleasant contemplation of my first PG sailing.

Is there an anticipated date for the release of the 2017 schedule?

Also, for the Tahiti, Society Islands trip, what is the best time of year to take the trip?

I am a regular patron of Cunard and Celebrity and looking forward to PG in the future.

Thank you kindly for your assistance.

ABoatNerd

• 2 weeks later...

I'd also like to know the best time of year to visit. Our 20th anniversary is in June 2017, and we're eyeballing this cruise too!

I'm also curious, how far in advance do you book PG? I'm guessing you don't have to deal with the early booking/price drop game like you do on mainstream cruise lines???

I have been to French Polynesia in January, February, April and September. Best weather for us was September. I have never had to play any stupid games with PG. If they put a sailing on sale however make sure you keep an eye out. I always book early to get the cabin I want. Any specials they have added I received.

PG commonly has a Black Friday sale and a Valentines day sale. Both with about $250-500 in on board credit per booking. While they usually indicate new bookings only they generally will honor the sale whether booked direct or through a travel agent. They also put some specific dates on sale at about $600-$1000 off per person, even in the less expensive cabins. The issue is that I have seen these usually about 3-6 months before the departure date and it is questionable if they would honor the sale price if you had a previous reservation.

You should be able to find a TA who will discount the cruise by about 10% minimum either by giving an OBC or a rebate.

• 2 weeks later...
I would agree that a 2016 release of 2017 dates is very, very late. Many of use use award miles for flights and we need a 330 day in advance time frame. I sail this June and will ask as a 2017 date is something I am interested in as well.

I just booked a cabin on a charter for April 1, 2017 a 14 day cruise (Society, Tuamotu, and Marquesas islands) so I guessing that the general 2017 sailings will be announced in a month or so.