Pre-cruise concierge desk

karenj4546

I spent some time on the phone with NCL's pre-cruise concierge desk, yesterday. Although there was a bit of a wait to get through (perhaps 10 minutes on hold), once on, WOW! Ida was fantastic for making some arrangements for us. As 4 of us will be staying in a 2 bedroom haven suite, 2 adult kids didn't have UBP's and they wanted them. NCL's site doesn't allow for 2 of 4 guests to buy that and DH and I already have it from our booking. Not only did Ida help with that issue along with prepaid gratuities and the 3UDP's for the kids, she set up the other small extras that I wanted; The kids' bed to be made as a bed with a foam topper and not turned into a couch during the day (naps, you know?), extra pillows for all, fridge cleared out with 2 pitchers of ice water in them, our choice of coffee/teas with both milk and 1/2 and 1/2 in the fridge. This will be our 3rd time in a suite, though never before in the Haven, and I've NEVER had this kind of experience. A huge shout-out to NCL for having that lovely group of women set things up ahead of time!

Not only did Ida help with that issue along with prepaid gratuities and the 3UDP's for the kids, she set up the other small extras that I wanted; The kids' bed to be made as a bed with a foam topper and not turned into a couch during the day (naps, you know?), extra pillows for all, fridge cleared out with 2 pitchers of ice water in them, our choice of coffee/teas with both milk and 1/2 and 1/2 in the fridge.

Sorry to say this but I truly hope that everything will really be done in advance so that you won't be disappointed as you have clearly set your expectations really high.

My personal experience of several cruises in suites has been that the notes taken by pre-cruise concierge desk customer service reps have 50-50 chance even reaching the butler and room steward in time and having a paper list of requests on hand when meeting the butler for the first time is a much better approach.