West Indies Explorer

Batchy65

Cyber Kat; Well we're up to 12 now! This sailing is not sold out completely, so maybe we'll have a few more. Everyone is set for the M&M.

Looks like a light load on this cruise. :D Still with available and limited availability staterooms.

We never had space/crowd issues on these lovely Viking Ocean ships even when they were filled.;)

Edited by bcorre2
format

#1 - Welcome aboard is on day 2 (the day after you board the ship). Farewell is the 2 days before so that you can spend the day before packing etc. Meet & Mingle is on Day 3 (we boarded Sunday so it was on Tuesday). All the chief officers were including the Captain.

#2 - If you are booked on an excursion where beach towels are needed, your cabin steward knows that and will put a towel in your room the night before. If you're doing a beach thing on your own - just ask to have a towel provided and the steward will happily take care of that for you. They are the "beachy towels" provided by the pool.

#3 - Don't know. Will ask hubby who did a snorkeling excursion. But suspect it really is dependent on the site. Given how Viking seems to be careful to go to places that provide decent rest rooms, you should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for this info! We have reservations for Manfredi's at 6pm (I wanted later but the next slot was 8), so I may have to change them once we get on board. I don't want to miss the Meet & Mingle!

All of our planned excursions are through Viking, so I'll check with the Steward to make sure we have the towels. I know for sure we will need them for the St John Catamaran sail.

And a decent rest room will do nicely! And I'm sure they don't want people getting back on buses in wet suits. Lining up all my ducks :cool:

Cyber Kat; Well we're up to 12 now! This sailing is not sold out completely, so maybe we'll have a few more. Everyone is set for the M&M.

Looks like a light load on this cruise. :D Still with available and limited availability staterooms.

We never had space/crowd issues on these lovely Viking Ocean ships even when they were filled.;)

I've been watching the available rooms as well. I've heard about people being offered upgrades. I wouldn't say no to a Penthouse Veranda. Twelve is a good number not too many that we won't get to chat with everyone and just enough for a good party. Table for 12 anyone? Isn't that movie :)

I've been watching the available rooms as well. I've heard about people being offered upgrades. I wouldn't say no to a Penthouse Veranda. Twelve is a good number not too many that we won't get to chat with everyone and just enough for a good party. Table for 12 anyone? Isn't that movie :)

Ours was 14 and it was held in the Wintergarden.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...