Involuntary Downgrade Nightmare-Please Advise

h20luv

It’s sort of crazy they’d risk the chance of poor social media reviews that make others wonder about rccl treating them fairly.

The story could be, bummer, problem w cabin but rccl gave me a bunch of obc and really made it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s sort of crazy they’d risk the chance of poor social media reviews that make others wonder about rccl treating them fairly.

The story could be, bummer, problem w cabin but rccl gave me a bunch of obc and really made it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you’ve ever seen someone post a bad review on their FB site, a bunch of RC fans quickly come along and attack whoever dared to criticize their beloved cruise line.

Thank you! Maybe they will be done with the repair by Sunday. That would be really wonderful.

Forget maybes and hoping; reach out.

reservationroyal2@rccl.com

RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com

Jvilchez@rccl.com,

mbayley@rccl.com

AGoldstein@rccl.com

OP: I am glad you are doing well, healthwise. That is of course the most important thing. And what a wonderful gift to your Mom.

All that said, I agree that RCI should be refunding to you any difference in the cost (at the time you booked) between your D2 and the D4 into which they are moving you. It would seem to me your TA should have access to that pricing information. Also, your TA should be on the phone relentlessly to RCI over this. I don't even understand what requires "escalation" here -- you paid for a higher category cabin, and they are moving you to a less expensive cabin. What does your TA say was the price difference at the time of booking? What does the TA say is the reason RCI is not refunding this?

The price monitoring web site that I use (which we are not allowed to name on here) shows for your sailing a D2 price back in July of $1481 pp. For some reason, the D4 prices only go back to January -- $863 pp; D2 then was $1606, so quite a significant difference as of January (and, I suspect, back when you booked as well).

You have a TA; get the pricing data from them, and in any event tell them they need to do more to make sure RCI refunds you any difference. (Plus some OBC for the hassle.) They should be telling RCI: my clients paid $XXpp for their D2, and you have moved them into a D4 that was $ZZ at the time of booking. They are entitled to a refund of the difference. I would not give up dealing with RCI directly (it would help to have the pricing difference), but straightening out problems like this is supposedly one of the reasons people use TAs.

Good luck, and, no matter what happens, enjoy your cruise!

Will do! I really can't thank you all enough. The experience, quality, creativity and overall value of all this advice and this forum is more than I ever imagined. I am waiting for Mr. Bayley and staff to help, but I will ask my TA to also help. I do feel she has really tried hard, but I will take your advice.

Yes, I am on the Feb 25 Oasis sailing. I just left a voicemail for my TA to request an upgrade thanks to your info on availability. Only 5 days from sailing! I need to start getting ready. I can't wait to be with my family...will keep you posted.

Thank you. I just am really disappointed and stressed not having a lot of time left to prepare. I have not even told my mom of the situation and am not looking forward to seeing her disappointment being separated from her family. I do really appreciate the ability to come here for advice, and your encouragement. I know how to pull out of nightmares having gone through this year of brain tumor surgeries and complications.

This really isn't a nightmare and could turn out to be a real nice dream! Being separated might be a nice condition...trust me! You are only a phone call away from their cabins. This will seem insignificant as soon as everyone gets on board. Yes, you should definitely do everything you can to resolve the money issue. I would fight for that. But don't let the difference in cabin (hardly any) get you down...you are stressing way too much about this. Relax, you are cruising in a balcony, sit out there and watch the Big Blue and you'll be right as rain. Just a little extra exercise which will be good for you. Bon Voyage! :hearteyes:

Edited by BecciBoo

this really isn't a nightmare and could turn out to be a real nice dream! Being separated might be a nice condition...trust me! You are only a phone call away from their cabins. This will seem insignificant as soon as everyone gets on board. Yes, you should definitely do everything you can to resolve the money issue. I would fight for that. But don't let the difference in cabin (hardly any) get you down...you are stressing way too much about this. Relax, you are cruising in a balcony, sit out there and watch the big blue and you'll be right as rain. Just a little extra exercise which will be good for you. Bon voyage! :hearteyes:

like!

Yes, I am on the Feb 25 Oasis sailing. I just left a voicemail for my TA to request an upgrade thanks to your info on availability. Only 5 days from sailing! I need to start getting ready. I can't wait to be with my family...will keep you posted.

If you haven't already gotten that upgrade, don't get your hopes up. Suites are all gone already.

Thanks Bob and everyone! Good news to report: in response to the fact based email to the CEO, a refund equaling the average price difference of the two cabins was given along with obc for the inconvenience. I appreciate that RC made right the unlucky situation before sailing. It is a shame that it took so much persistence for the just outcome, but I am certainly relieved and have faith that in the end I wasn't taken advantage of. One last thanks to all of you experienced folks that not only gave good advice but also provided understanding and perspective. So glad to leave this issue on shore and nor have bad feelings board the ship.

Thanks Bob and everyone! Good news to report: in response to the fact based email to the CEO, a refund equaling the average price difference of the two cabins was given along with obc for the inconvenience. I appreciate that RC made right the unlucky situation before sailing. It is a shame that it took so much persistence for the just outcome, but I am certainly relieved and have faith that in the end I wasn't taken advantage of. One last thanks to all of you experienced folks that not only gave good advice but also provided understanding and perspective. So glad to leave this issue on shore and nor have bad feelings board the ship.

Good news. Thanks for letting us know.

Excellent!

Thanks for keeping everyone informed.

Bon Voyage! :)

pv_590.jpg

So glad it worked out for you, enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I'm glad you got the satisfactory result you were looking for before boarding the ship.

Something like this should have been done well before it went to this level of management.

It's a real shame though a large corporation like RCCL has to get the CEO involved to make a decision on doing the right/fair thing for a customer.

Have a great cruise and wishing you many more.

Jimbo:)

A great outcome. Enjoy your cruise.

I'm glad you got the satisfactory result you were looking for before boarding the ship.

Jimbo:)

I agree with Jimbo. If it had not been resolved prior to your boarding it would have been a consistently bothering you and most likely not resolved while on board.

I’m glad to see that it worked out. Have an amazing time OP.

Anytime you are taking money from someone you have to work at it.

JC

Excellent. Now go and enjoy!

So glad you got resolution on this-- I'd been following and hoped common sense would prevail on their part!

Have a great time! Wishing you health, happiness, and a GREAT CRUISE :)