Quai-Evil review Celebrity Equinox Eastern Med Feb 17-24-my .02

Tommy3putts

One of the more memorable events of the cruise was the sail away from St Kitts. As we were leaving, a few showers were chasing us. And we got some great views. It was really cool.

4aad1eb6bbf098c5114ee074cc2fe4c6.jpg

Kept getting closer and closer

268284a5de44ac6114e0a6e5df9000cd.jpg

f2a7b7ba7800788bf724f49b2287ff26.jpg

Towards the end it was upon it and we could see both ends. The full rainbow was well over 180 degrees. This pic doesn’t do it justice.

75eb052f84f60e27ffd2bb9a8c1734c6.jpg

No Gold though [emoji35]

Disembarkation. We self disembarked. We left the ship at 7:15 and were in an Uber headed to Ft Lauderdale by 7:35. It was a great easy process. Longest wait we had was for the process to begin. It started 15 minutes late. There were a large number of folks getting off early so it was crowded at the start but went fine.

You’re doing great tommy3putts. I’m not sure I ever met you, but I was sailing, and drinking along with you. We had a blast! We may have took over the sunset bar after you left each night. Closed it and moved to Sky lounge some evenings. Missed you at the Slot Pull. 30 of us had a pretty good time. I’ll see if I have anything to add or any photos. I did save all the paper work if anyone wants to see anything special.

You’re doing great tommy3putts. I’m not sure I ever met you, but I was sailing, and drinking along with you. We had a blast! We may have took over the sunset bar after you left each night. Closed it and moved to Sky lounge some evenings. Missed you at the Slot Pull. 30 of us had a pretty good time. I’ll see if I have anything to add or any photos. I did save all the paper work if anyone wants to see anything special.

Thanks. Too bad we didn’t bump into one another at the SSB. Or maybe we did and didn’t know it. [emoji3]

Please feel free to share whatever you like here. I didn’t save any paperwork. In fact I use the iPhone App most of the Cruise.

Cheers

Tom

Ok on to the my .02 about the ship. A disclaimer: this is written from the perspective of a 50 something, balding horizontally challenged DINK. I did my best to avoid the kids, the art shows and the pool side loungers. I never set a foot in the theater. Didn’t see any shows.

I mostly wandered about the ship observing the passengers and the pool deck and spent most of my time at the Sunset Bar. These are my thoughts and opinions and don’t mean to offend anyone. I am often wrong and seldom right. YMMV.

Also l’m going to compare Equinox with our previous experiences on the Reflection.

Our Cruise Cabin 1605–Deck 11 port side, “on the hump” with a very large balcony.

We had the same cabin on Reflection. We love it. Note it’s directly under the pool deck, but we never heard any noise from above. The bed is near the balcony facing forward. Other than that it’s a typical Celebrity veranda cabin.

1e9b6a3d1284713f5904267726127f67.jpgd43efa84449d0e152576a885f4c29669.jpgd0061a621ea1aa262c3d013598620425.jpg

Blu— with aqua class cabins you get a smaller dining room (that’s really all it is). The food and service were great. I think Equinox’s Blu might be slightly better than Reflection, but the are basically the same. The big disappointment for me (as always) was the Ribeye. I love ribeyes and Blu always serves them as thin as a sheet of paper. My first one was thin and well done. The second try was better. Be sure and ask for a thick cut.

We had a party of 6 and dined every night around 7. At the start of the cruise I sought out the Maitre D and prearranged a dining window for our group. With one exception, we had the same table and servers every night. Never had to wait. A great sommelier gave perfect wine pairing recommendations.

Also 3 of our group ate breakfast in Blu every morning and enjoyed the food and service.

Ocean View Cafe (Buffet) was great. I used it mainly for morning coffee, breakfast and lunch. I especially like the poached egg station and pizza and pasta.

The coffee seemed a lot better and stronger. Actually very good this trip. I didn’t need to resort to my Starbucks Via stash to make it tolerable.

Edited by Tommy3putts

The Bars were great. We primarily visited the Martini Bar, Gastro Pub, Ensemble, Passport and of course my favorite, the Sunset Bar. The service was generally great at all these venues.

I really liked the Gastro Pub on the Equinox over the Cellar Masters on the Reflection. I like wine but I’ve never cared for the Cellar Masters. Never anyone in there and the service was terrible. Contrast that with the Gastro Pub which was often busy and had a good selection of beer.

As for the Sunset Bar, this was a very popular venue for a late night drink under the stars and my favorite place to be on the ship. However, I think the revamped version on Reflection is far better. It has better flow and far better seating. Don’t get me wrong l like the SSB on Equinox, but IMHO Reflection easily beats Equinox here.

Equinox

0f254f6ce9b506e7a0cdce3efae052df.jpg

a83b61b4490fd84851ae2a83435334ed.jpg

505ae975735c9031b88e106303a25b92.jpg

Reflection

12ebe6242105a6e7285d9ba558586519.jpg

49c240c9fb4f120f3b5b1b434047fe40.jpg

Lawn Club Area

I like the concept of open air spaces and Alfresco Dining. It seems to me that there is so much wasted space in these lawn areas. Especially on the Equinox. With the exception of sunbathing on the side areas, there were few of any events in the main lawn club area.

I’m a huge fan on the Lawn Club Grill on the Reflection and i missed not having it on the Equinox.

The glass blowing venue was closed and I was hearing word that it will reopen as a new sort of glass blowing exhibit. To bad in my opinion. They should put in the Lawn Club or some other sort of dining venue.

(I’m really eager to see what Celebrity does with area on the Edge class ships)

Thank you for your review. I boarded today. Love the ship. If you could tell me where I can catch an Uber at debarkation I’d appreciate it. Thanks again!

Hi

It’s way too soon to think about getting off the ship, but when you are forced to disembark on Saturday when you exit terminal G, the pick up area is to your right near the points 7, 8, 9 and 10. You’ll see numbered signs and signs for “prearranged transportation”. Your driver will likely call you tell him/her which location you are standing.

Have a great cruise. Tell Kumar at the Sunset Bar that “Mr Tom” says hi.

Bon Voyage

Tom

Just get off and request one from the app. Stay in place. I generally call the one I get and tell them what terminal and exact location we’re at...and a description of what we’re wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We generally take a cab to/from MIA. Runs about $27.00. Haven't tried Uber for transportation to/from terminal. Is it cheaper than a cab? Does Uber have the same airport origination fees as most cab companies?

Thank you!

Internet and the new Celebrity App

The internet on Celebrity seems to get better and better with each cruise. It’s not to the caliber of the O3b speed on RCI’s Oasis and Quantum class ships, but it was good. I was able to easily check email, receive iMessage and WhatsApp texts; check facebook; stream YouTube videos and do this review with photo uploads. My sister easily made several AT&T Wi-Fi calls using the internet and she stated the quality was excellent.

I never really had any issue being able to use the internet. There were times during the day when it was slower than others, but it was still useable. Better yet the ship’s network was much better, I was able to access Wi-Fi from my balcony with a great signal. A first for me.

What I did not like was the process to register and log on on the first day of the cruise the material and steps required to log on are not explained well and really can be much more easier than they have now.

New Celebrity App. This is a home run! Down load it now and check it out. It’s only available for Constellation and Equinox sailings but its fun to play around with. It has so much potential for use during the cruise. I hope Celebrity builds on this App and deploys it across the fleet. Kudos Celebrity.

Edited by Tommy3putts