Cape Horn with Sirena or Marina

marylovestotravel

Lima-Buenos Aires In Feb, 2018 on Sirena appears to be totally waitlisted, but there appears to be quite a bit of availability on the other sailings to Mar 2019. Is there some reason for this?

I"m wondering if travelling from the Pacific to the Atlantic more popular/scenic? Or would you prefer the reverse? November/December or Feb/March?

I would appreciate feedback. There are so many choices!

Mia

Lima-Buenos Aires In Feb, 2018 on Sirena appears to be totally waitlisted, but there appears to be quite a bit of availability on the other sailings to Mar 2019. Is there some reason for this?

Mia

Maybe more people can travel in 2018 than 2019 ??

I had noticed it also (there was one opening on one balcony class for a bit last week on the 2018 Sirena - but all wait listed again). Did O throw in a Machu Picchu excursion at some point for the 2018 cruise? Sirena's dates are a bit better in 2019 for penguins. Marina's dates bump up against the holiday season...so that might be the issue there.

I had to go with an NCL SA cruise for 2019...O's around the horn cruises are too long for us once we add the pre and post stays.

Edited by buggins0402

For strictly personal reasons I would book Marina over Sirena. Food on Oceania is a big part of my experience while cruising.

Marina has Jacques and Sirena does not; in addition I prefer Marina's separate Polo & Toscana over Sirena's Tuscan steak.

JMO

For strictly personal reasons I would book Marina over Sirena. Food on Oceania is a big part of my experience while cruising.

Marina has Jacques and Sirena does not; in addition I prefer Marina's separate Polo & Toscana over Sirena's Tuscan steak.

JMO

I agree, plus the Marina is a bigger ship and nicer suites. Saying that We've booked the Sirena for a Cuba cruise and talked some friends into booking also.

Rick

I agree, plus the Marina is a bigger ship and nicer suites. Saying that We've booked the Sirena for a Cuba cruise and talked some friends into booking also.

Rick

We are booked for this coming Nov 11, 2017, on the Sirena for 21 days. We also looked at other cruise lines, celebrity, NCL, and Princess(actually put a refundable deposit on it) and decided that a late spring cruise around the Cape would be ideal for us. Weather is iffy but from our experiences south of the equator, their springs are not as volatile as their summers/fall weather.

But who knows with todays weather.