Park and cruise hotel suggestions for Port of Miami

smilejesuslovesu

Find a hotel in Miami or Brickell then drive to the port and leave your car at the port garage. I lived in Miami the past 23 years and I wouldn't leave my car at any hotel lot, especially downtown. The Intercontinental Hotel has a nice view of the port if you need a hotel to stay at near the port but you have to pay to park there. Stay away from 'off site' parking lots near the port if you value your car. I hate to say it but Miami has become just another big city where tourists are preyed upon.

It's been a few years, but I have used the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. They had a small garage that's attached to the hotel and advertised on the park/stay/fly type websites for a park and cruise or park and fly deal. It was not the best Hampton I've ever stayed in by any means, but for one night's stay it was fine and the parking seemed reasonably secure. They also had a shuttle to the port, but of course like all these hotels you then need to pay for a taxi/Uber back to the hotel after your cruise.

If I had to stay a night before my cruise I'd do it again, because parking at Miami port is so expensive and they don't have a great offsite option like Ft. Lauderdale does.

Otherwise, for my cruise last spring I parked at the Embassy Suites Miami Airport via airportparkingreservations.com. They had a shuttle to the port and then a shuttle from the airport, which worked great for me because I was taking a transatlantic cruise from Miami so coming back into the airport rather than the port. I felt reasonably safe with that option.

I drive an almost-10-year-old compact car, though, and I don't think any trouble-making teenager out looking for a joy ride is going to have any interest in stealing it! So I never worry too much. If you have a brand new Mercedes or BMW, you probably want to park at the Port of Miami! :)

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon prior to our cruise last April. They picked us up at the airport with no issue but when we asked about transportation to the port we were told that the shuttle was full and that it wasn’t included in our package. I checked the cost of Lyft to the port and it was cheap enough that I decided not to fight about it. The hotel was fine and we liked the location with a Publix and a liquor store across the street.

Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon is also right across from the airport so it's easy to get to but lots of airport noise. I worked in one of the red brick buildings on Blue Lagoon Drive for a while and when a big jet took off, the whole building shook. Jus' sayin.

I prefer Hampton Inn Brickell, about 2 miles from the port.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon in November and will do so again in May. We didn't use their shuttle but instead used Lyft both to and from the port. The room was fine for an overnight stay with the usual Hampton Inn breakfast. It was easy to pick up our car after our cruise. We didn't notice any extra noise from the airport but ymmv