Aft facing stateroom question

Cruisecontroler

No issues other than noise heard on the balcony late at night from the parties at SpiceH20

Deck 12 on the Getaway. Bed was near the balcony door and I slept nearest the balcony. With the door closed I could still hear it but muffled.

We have spent over 100 days in the aft on the Gem and Breakaway over the past 4 years. Maybe 1 in 7 days we smell the exhaust for a little bit and then maybe 1 in 7 we have some soot(very little) on the balcony. You will get more vibration in the aft but much less up and down motion that the front and mid ship will. Entering and leaving port you may get a lot of vibration is the wind and or currents are working against the ship.

I've not sailed Aft on NCL, but have on Carrnival and we didn't notice any smoke or soot. We did feel some vibration, but it wasn't constant or bothersome.

Will be trying out a deck 12 Aft on our first NCL cruise on the Escape in just 51 days :D!!!

Hi...just wondering if anyone knows if you smell the ship's exhaust from the smokestacks when cruising in an aft facing stateroom...or any other disadvantages like engine noise, or vibration???

Thanks for any help.

We have also done many aft cruises and our biggest put off in booking them is noise............if you like to leave your door open often then be prepard for plenty of it, as for smoke etc it again depends on the wind however we have never found it a put off, in regard to vibration ,yes, there is much more than mid ships and thumps and bumps will also be felt when you are crossing currents or between islands so consider where you are going to cruise to be aware you may get these and they obviously can happen during the night / early hours and in serious cases may wake you HOWEVER the UPSIDE is the view is worth all of these in most cases, FANTASTIC if you are on a cruise where a flotilla see you out of their bay

Agree with most of the previous posts. We spent August on Aft cabins ,first on the Riveria (Oceania) then on Celebrity’s Eclipse loved the view with no smoke,smell issues. We did hear minimal noise from chairs and tables being moved. Love the Aft cabin wake views.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi...just wondering if anyone knows if you smell the ship's exhaust from the smokestacks when cruising in an aft facing stateroom...or any other disadvantages like engine noise, or vibration???

Thanks for any help.

I've been on Breakaway twice in aft rooms, they're awesome. Never had any smell or engine noise. There was some soot on the balcony each morning but our room steward always cleaned it up. They're the best rooms on the ship in my opinion.