Catching NFL Games on Anthem

sabdel

Hi All,

My boyfriend and I are going on Anthem of the Seas soon and he is a DIE HARD EAGLES FAN (hasn't missed a game in over 11 years)! He's been pressing me to write in here and ask peoples opinions/experiences regarding being able to pay bartenders to put on the game at a bar or pay to watch it in our room. Hoping to make his trip just that much better by being able to catch both games, or at least the one on 12/3. Here are the dates and times of the games and where we will.... what are your thoughts?! Looking for any type of feedback. Thanks ya'll!

Our sailing is 12/2 leaving from Bayonne, NJ.

12/3 - 8:30pm EST the Eagles play on NBC (this will be our first full sea day)

12/10 - 4:25pm EST the Eagles play on FOX (we will be back on the ship at 4:00pm after a day in St.Kitts)

Pay for a VOOM internet package and figure out a way to stream it on a mobile device.

And buy a SlingBox, so you can stream off your own cable box. I recently went through this ordeal but with Game of Thrones while being out at sea.

I tried streaming the Eagles on the Xinfinity App once but Comcast had it locked out of streaming to mobile devices. Make sure you find someone that has had success with streaming the Eagles. I tried both Live and from my home DVR and I still could watch it on a mobile device.

Streaming may or may not work as the IP address used by the ship's internet service may be detected as outside the license limits of the streaming service.

You are absolutely right. I forgot I ran into issues using the ship's wifi, but had no problems streaming once we were in port at Alaska using my phone's data. Sorry for any misinformation to the OP.

We have the NFL package with Direct TV... not sure if that would bypass the IP address issue. Pretty sure we can log on from any device and watch.

You can check with Direct TV and see if there are limitations if they detect your device as being outside of the US.

Hi All,

My boyfriend and I are going on Anthem of the Seas soon and he is a DIE HARD EAGLES FAN (hasn't missed a game in over 11 years)! He's been pressing me to write in here and ask peoples opinions/experiences regarding being able to pay bartenders to put on the game at a bar or pay to watch it in our room. Hoping to make his trip just that much better by being able to catch both games, or at least the one on 12/3. Here are the dates and times of the games and where we will.... what are your thoughts?! Looking for any type of feedback. Thanks ya'll!

12/10 - 4:25pm EST the Eagles play on FOX (we will be back on the ship at 4:00pm after a day in St.Kitts)

They only buy certain games each week, so paying off the bartender is going to do nothing other than get you better service for the week.;p There is also no correlation between what games are being shown and the homeport of the ship. I have sailed from Boston on a Sunday with the Patriots playing at 1pm at home and they showed the Jets on the screen by the pool and the Patriots game was available no where:eek:

You will basically know what games are available on the day of the games.

Hi All,

The Sunday night game is a lock. 12/10 is a gigantic maybe.

We will try the NFL package on Sunday on Anthem and let you know if it allows the IP.

On the inaugural Quantum cruise we stood on the top deck to watch the games playing poolside on NCL ship docked next to us. We make sure to have better back up plans since then :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it's very likely Anthem will show the NBC game. They have at least sometimes shown Sunday Night Football poolside, and my best guess is that's what they'll do that night.

It looks like they also at least sometimes will show a 4:25pm game poolside... but that game is up against Giants/Cowboys and if they're going to pick one game to show, it'll be America's Team and New York's Team, sorry! If you have Sunday Ticket online or some form of Slingbox at home, you might well be able to stream the Eagles game with Voom (my experience on Anthem was that Voom registered as a US address for geoblocking purposes). Otherwise you might be short of luck. Sorry!

With the way the nfl is acting I would rather watch grass grow personally!

I agree. Overpaid crybabies. Watch college football it's so much better anyways.

Sunday Ticket did not work on Anthem this past Sunday. Sling worked but we could not get our local channels. Someone suggested a slingbox, which I think would work.

What games did they show? Was it on big screen by the pool?

• 5 weeks later...
It looks like they also at least sometimes will show a 4:25pm game poolside... but that game is up against Giants/Cowboys and if they're going to pick one game to show, it'll be America's Team and New York's Team, sorry!

Good news! Giants/Cowboys has been moved to 1pm, and with the Eagles and Rams both playing really well, they'll probably have the game poolside now!

They only buy certain games each week, so paying off the bartender is going to do nothing other than get you better service for the week.;p There is also no correlation between what games are being shown and the homeport of the ship. I have sailed from Boston on a Sunday with the Patriots playing at 1pm at home and they showed the Jets on the screen by the pool and the Patriots game was available no where:eek:

You will basically know what games are available on the day of the games.

Very true. The home port teams have nothing to do with game choices.

I remember a cruise out of Port Liberty and the Jets-Patriots game was at 4:00. We waited in the bar until 4:00, thinking for sure the nationally televised Patriots would be on. Ha! The bar emptied out at 4:15 and RCI lost a lot of bar money. They had a game at 4 that no one was interested in.

If the Eagles keep up their current streak... I'm sure they will put it on! :)

On the Anthem now. We were not able to watch Sunday’s game as it was on Fox. There were lots of disappointed Eagles fans in the pub. Our cruise director said broadcast choices are not up to RCI.