When does Azamara put a cruise on sale?

Nashna

We are booked on a March Azamara Cuba cruise. The availability is super wide open for veranda staterooms. Frankly, the availability has not changed in three months and the high pricing might be the reason. Pricing is hard to predict. However, with the available inventory on this sailing, I'm sure they will need to reduce the cost. Does anyone have any idea when this might occur? If the pricing is reduced after final payment in November, can we still get the lower price?

We are booked on a March Azamara Cuba cruise. The availability is super wide open for veranda staterooms. Frankly, the availability has not changed in three months and the high pricing might be the reason. Pricing is hard to predict. However, with the available inventory on this sailing, I'm sure they will need to reduce the cost. Does anyone have any idea when this might occur? If the pricing is reduced after final payment in November, can we still get the lower price?

Hi Nashna,

It's hard to predict if/when our Revenue Management department will put a voyage on a special sale.

To answer your last question, no, once you're within Final Payment period, the Best Price Guarantee does not apply. [Note: the BPG applies to US & Canada markets.]

Here's the webpage with more information:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan/best-price-guarantee

Thanks Bonnie. I was afraid of that. So now I'm wondering if I should cancel at the last minute and then rebook after final payment when the rate goes down or additional benefits are offered. I guess I'll wait until closer to final payment to determine what I'll do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having watched the pricing of my upcoming cruise (January 2018) for months now, I’ve noted that just recently the inside, outside and verandah staterooms all have guarantee options at pricing way below the cost of choosing your own.

This was a fairly recent addition to the pricing mix as far as I can tell. Cheapest verandah is approximately $11,500pp (AUD) whilst a guarantee verandah is approximately $6700pp (AUD). A huge difference.

Maybe keep an eye out to see if anything like that opens up on your cruise if it isn’t already available. Of course that also assumes you don’t mind being positioned anywhere on the ship in a particular category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering if Azamara is like Celebrity in that if prices drop after final payment, you can then pay the difference to move into a higher category cabin.

I'm a planner so have booked our January Quest cruises some time ago in CAD but it doesn't appear to be selling well so I'm also assuming there's going to be a reduction in price to fill up the ship now that final payment has come and gone.

Having watched the pricing of my upcoming cruise (January 2018) for months now, I’ve noted that just recently the inside, outside and verandah staterooms all have guarantee options at pricing way below the cost of choosing your own.

This was a fairly recent addition to the pricing mix as far as I can tell. Cheapest verandah is approximately $11,500pp (AUD) whilst a guarantee verandah is approximately $6700pp (AUD). A huge difference.

I've noticed this too of late and I hate it. Aside from the fact that you can't apply for the LCV upgrade with a guarantee rate, more often than not these days I go for a cat 05 Oceanview cabin because I like the location and a guarantee OV would probably put me in one of those nearer the front under show lounge and near the anchor or one of the obstructed view cat 08s. Neither of which I would want. It seems to be a bit of a game with the prices these days and I don't really understand the rules that are being played to. Well at least that is how I feel.

Phil

I've noticed this too of late and I hate it. Aside from the fact that you can't apply for the LCV upgrade with a guarantee rate, more often than not these days I go for a cat 05 Oceanview cabin because I like the location and a guarantee OV would probably put me in one of those nearer the front under show lounge and near the anchor or one of the obstructed view cat 08s. Neither of which I would want. It seems to be a bit of a game with the prices these days and I don't really understand the rules that are being played to. Well at least that is how I feel.

Phil

Where are the 05 categories located? I may have to consider those for future cruises.

Where are the 05 categories located? I may have to consider those for future cruises.

We're on Quest on the six night sailing this December in an OV. First time ever so I'll let you know what I think. In an 05. They're on Deck 4. If you're at the Land Discoveries desk you will find them down the corridor as you're looking towards the bow of the ship as if you're walking to the medical office. A balcony was too pricey but this was better than not booking at all. Who knows? We might find an ocean view perfectly nice.

Deck 4 Nancy. Great location.

Phil

Actually Phil it was because you said you liked the 05 OV that we booked it. We figured if you could go from suites to OV, then who were we to grumble about not getting our usual balcony. :')

We're on Quest on the six night sailing this December in an OV. First time ever so I'll let you know what I think. In an 05. They're on Deck 4. If you're at the Land Discoveries desk you will find them down the corridor as you're looking towards the bow of the ship as if you're walking to the medical office. A balcony was too pricey but this was better than not booking at all. Who knows? We might find an ocean view perfectly nice.

Hope you get on ok with it Deirdre. As time goes on I’m more interested in a quiet cabin and those cabins suit me fine. I also like the bed being at the far end. I’ve had balconies before and unless I’ve got a big area I hardly go out there. I eat breakfast on the Sunset Veranda or in the MDR. I buy a pass for the private sundeck and T-Pool. Works for me!

Phil

Thanks, Phil and Deirdre. We walked down that hall to the gangway plenty of times. The rooms look bright. Do you do port side or starboard?

We do use our balcony a good amount. When we have excursions booked we use room service for breakfast.

Like you, Deirdre, we're going to be weighing cruising a lesser category or not cruising Azamara, which I definitely don't want to do.

Thanks, Phil and Deirdre. We walked down that hall to the gangway plenty of times. The rooms look bright. Do you do port side or starboard?

We do use our balcony a good amount. When we have excursions booked we use room service for breakfast.

Like you, Deirdre, we're going to be weighing cruising a lesser category or not cruising Azamara, which I definitely don't want to do.

I do either really. Doesn’t matter.

Phil

I was wondering if portside had a better view?

I think it really depends where you are cruising. For example, traveling north on an Alaska cruise port side would have a better view of the shore but traveling north starboard would be better.

I think it really depends where you are cruising. For example, traveling north on an Alaska cruise port side would have a better view of the shore but traveling north starboard would be better.

I was thinking Med cruises. Sadly, we've done Alaska so we won't repeat the ports that Azamara is offering. Thank you for your input.

I was thinking Med cruises. Sadly, we've done Alaska so we won't repeat the ports that Azamara is offering. Thank you for your input.

That was just an example. We traveled East from Nice and port side was towards land. Traveling west starboard would have the land view

To be honest a view out of the window is more important when you are tied up than moving, especially with Azamara's longer port times. A view looking out to sea and beyond is nicer than toward the dock, but that just depends upon the port you are in and which side of the ship you are tied up on and you won't know that until you are there and open the curtains! It's a short walk up the stairs to the Promenade Deck and I'm out of the cabin on sea days anyway. I never worry about it.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

To be honest a view out of the window is more important when you are tied up than moving, especially with Azamara's longer port times. A view looking out to sea and beyond is nicer than toward the dock, but that just depends upon the port you are in and which side of the ship you are tied up on and you won't know that until you are there and open the curtains! It's a short walk up the stairs to the Promenade Deck and I'm out of the cabin on sea days anyway. I never worry about it.

Phil

The promenade deck is a place we rarely utilize...maybe because there's no bar there. ;) ;p

Thanks Bonnie. I was afraid of that. So now I'm wondering if I should cancel at the last minute and then rebook after final payment when the rate goes down or additional benefits are offered. I guess I'll wait until closer to final payment to determine what I'll do.

I had to cancel an Azamara Cruise to Cuba for November of 2018. They have yet to send us back our deposit, but they charged us $100 for a cancellation fee. I have been on 37 cruises, and had to cancel a few, but never was charged a fee for cancelling, and this is 14 months before the cruise. What a ripoff!

I had to cancel an Azamara Cruise to Cuba for November of 2018. They have yet to send us back our deposit, but they charged us $100 for a cancellation fee. I have been on 37 cruises, and had to cancel a few, but never was charged a fee for cancelling, and this is 14 months before the cruise. What a ripoff!

In the UK we lose our full deposit of £250pp ($330) if we cancel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We just cancelled our March Cuba cruise and booked Seabourn at a $2600.00 savings. Our cancellation fee was $50.00 per person. I just couldn’t justify the high cost of Cuba on the itinerary.

We just cancelled our March Cuba cruise and booked Seabourn at a $2600.00 savings. Our cancellation fee was $50.00 per person. I just couldn’t justify the high cost of Cuba on the itinerary.

Interesting. Seabourne sounds like a great cruise line. I hate to see people cancel Azamara because we think it's a great cruise line, but that's a big chunk of money. I've noticed the Alaska cruises are very high priced. We did an Alaska cruise this past June. There is a lot of competition that by far beats Azamara's prices for the same ports. I truly hope Azamara didn't shoot themselves in the foot.

It was the pricing and itinerary that convinced us to make the switch to Seabourn. Plus, I just disliked the AZ policy of not giving those who booked in advance any type of consideration to upgrade. I do want to sail on Azamara in the future. However, it will be on a last minute cruise deal.