New Orleans Cruise Parking

lovetheboat

Does anyone know the cost of parking for cruises at port New Orleans? Are there any hotels in area that allow week-long parking free of charge w/one night stay? We were considering arrival one day early for NO sightseeing if there is a possible savings on parking for the cruise.

Does anyone know the cost of parking for cruises at port New Orleans? Are there any hotels in area that allow week-long parking free of charge w/one night stay? We were considering arrival one day early for NO sightseeing if there is a possible savings on parking for the cruise.

Parking at the port will cost you $98. There are hotels that offer parking with a one night stay - mentioned in several of the posts. Off the top of my head Holiday Inn French Quarter and Maison St. Charles come to mind as two, but I could be wrong - and I know that there are more than this.

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I find more details about parking at the port. My husband and I will be driving in from a nearby city which will only take us an hour to get there, so I know parking at the hotels are out. I still would like to know about safety and all that since our vehicle will be there for 5-6days. And is the parking really that expensive??? $98. will that amount cover all the days we're away?

thanks,:)

Where can I find more details about parking at the port. My husband and I will be driving in from a nearby city which will only take us an hour to get there, so I know parking at the hotels are out. I still would like to know about safety and all that since our vehicle will be there for 5-6days. And is the parking really that expensive??? $98. will that amount cover all the days we're away?

thanks,:)

Port of New Orleans http://www.portno.com

An option for parking, http://www.nocruiseshipparking.com They are located 5 minutes from the port with a secure parking area and shuttle service.

Dave

Jetskier: Did you park at the nocruiseshipparking.com lot? It looks like something I will want to do, but I would like a reference first. Thanks!

Yes, we have parked there when we went on the Fantasy Oct 30th. The place looks a little strange at first because of the chain link fence going across the front of the entrance. They have you park inside a three sided building. You drop your luggage at the entrance and it is loaded into the shuttle bus. From there they will take you to the port which is 5 minutes away. On your return call them when you are fixing to get off the ship. They will be waiting for you by the time you get off the ship.

Dave

Hi Jetskier - did you ever use the parking lot at the cruise port? I am debating where to park in April. I had heard if you use that parking lot the driver can drop off the passengers and guests at the cruise line and then park the car. That seems a little less cumbersome than parking 5 miles off-site? My father-in-law will coming with us and he doesn't get around too good (81 years old :eek: ). I am looking for the most convenient option for all 7 of us.

Also, do you know if the shuttle from the nocruiseshipparking.com parking lot runs early in the day. We are hoping to get to the cruise by 10:30 am or so?

Hi Jetskier - did you ever use the parking lot at the cruise port? I am debating where to park in April. I had heard if you use that parking lot the driver can drop off the passengers and guests at the cruise line and then park the car. That seems a little less cumbersome than parking 5 miles off-site? My father-in-law will coming with us and he doesn't get around too good (81 years old :eek: ). I am looking for the most convenient option for all 7 of us.

Also, do you know if the shuttle from the nocruiseshipparking.com parking lot runs early in the day. We are hoping to get to the cruise by 10:30 am or so?

The first time I used the new terminal they were charging correctly. The last two times they charged for 6 days instead of 5 days. The parking at the terminal is in the same building as embarkation. You pull into the ramp going to the second floor, pay your fees and then pull up to off load your luggage. You then go park and then your group takes the elevator down to the second floor to the embarkation area.

The shuttle at NO Cruiseship parking usually starts leaving around 11am.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just took our 1st cruise and got back last week. Took Dave's recommendation and did the

www.nocruiseshipparking.com

AWESOME!

Very secure, he is very on top of when you are getting there to board, when you will get off the ship (have his # and he will be waiting if you call when you are about to get off).

Right around the corner and TONS more secure than the port parking...and cheaper!

Have fun!

Kari

http://www.custombabyboutique.com

I used the parking garage at the port and it was great. I think it ran about $14 per day so the four night cost $56. It was super secure. You have to show your boarding pass to park there and you paid up front. When you got up the spiral ramp and actually entered the garage the porters were there to take your luggage. I was afraid that the parking spaces would be all gone, but that place is bigger than it looks from the outside. By the time I got to the 5th level there were so many spaces open. The elevators were easy to find and as you exited you were right at the check in area.

At the end of the cruise when you get through customs and immigration you exit about 10 feet from those same elevators. Just remember where you parked1 I wrote it down on a piece of paper and kept in with my passport so I would be able to find my car after being on the cruise. I wrote the level and some notes about the location of my car as it related to the elevators.

• 1 month later...
We just took our 1st cruise and got back last week. Took Dave's recommendation and did the

AWESOME!

Very secure, he is very on top of when you are getting there to board, when you will get off the ship (have his # and he will be waiting if you call when you are about to get off).

Right around the corner and TONS more secure than the port parking...and cheaper!

Have fun!

Kari

Thanks Kari. . .just what I was looking to read. We booked the Fantasy for July 6, 2009 and needed parking. On your most recent recommendation we'll use

Our hotel, Sheraton by the airport is too far from the terminal to park and a taxi would cost over $25 each way plus tips. Did you cruise the Fantasy?

Have fun!

Kari

Post number 1???

The official port parking is within the cruise port security zone. It is both lighted and patrolled and very secure.

MP parking is not right around the corner. It is on Jackson Ave.

No comment on your link to a website.

Sounds like there is plenty of parking. My family and I will be on the Fantasy in August and we drive in the day of the cruise. We don't arrive at the terminal until about 1-2PM so I was worried it might be full and that we need a 2nd option. Has anyone ever been turned away because it was full?

Not a chance in August. Fantasy is the only ship in town then.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Luey,

You can always consider going to the terminal and dropping off your passengers and even luggage and then drive to the parking lot and have them bring you back to the terminal. We have done this several times in Galveston and if it is an option, we will do it in New Orleans.

Thanks everyone for the great info!

J:)Y

Luey,

You can always consider going to the terminal and dropping off your passengers and even luggage and then drive to the parking lot and have them bring you back to the terminal. We have done this several times in Galveston and if it is an option, we will do it in New Orleans.

Thanks everyone for the great info!

J:)Y

Using the port of N.O. parking is the easiest way possible. Drive up, pay by CC, drive in, unload bags to porter, drive ahead to park, walk to elevator, enter security, clear and walk to check in desk. Bingo you are in the waiting area.

We used PofNO last July for the Fantasy 5 day.

Does anyone know how early you can start parking in the garage next to the terminal for your cruise? We sail next Sunday, 2/14, and we want to get down there early to take in some of the Mardi Gras festivities.

Thanks in advance.