Current Captain's Club Drink Menu

Jim_Iain

• 5 months later...
Does this mean that a Gin or Vodka and Tonic is chargeable

Thanks

While none in our group order Gin or vodka drinks. I've heard people order Gin and Tonic. If your fine with Beefeaters Gin or Absolut Vodka. Your mixers would be under Sodas, Juices and bottled water. ie soda water, seltzer water, tonic water. Sodas also can mean Coke products.

Almost funny (but not), they won't (officially) give you a bloody mary, but they will give you a glass of vodka and a glass of tomato juice. Of course, you can get a bloody mary, mimosa or screwdriver at the elite breakfast. No real logic here....and with a little coaxing at the elite cocktail event, they usually will be ok bringing you a mixed vodka and tomato juice with a little seasoning :)

The thread is several months old but I think the menu is about what I saw on Constellation in late August. As a recently anointed Elite, I wandered into the Elite cocktail event and looked to see what was on offer. No Malbec on the wine list. No tequila, even the cheap stuff. And if I bought a drink and “paid” for it (via my Premium Package), I still couldn’t walk out of the room with it - treated (politely) as though I were a smuggler or something. I wandered out and down to my favorite nook by the Martini Bar...When I am Elite+ in a couple of years, do you think they will upgrade their offerings for me?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I am Elite+ in a couple of years, do you think they will upgrade their offerings for me?

No. Sadly it's all the same for Elite and above.

Here's the thing though, if Celebrity were to ask 1,000 cruisers to design a lame drinks package offering, how many would include Bud Light, Jim Beam Bourbon and Beefeater Gin? Quite a few I expect!

The drink menu may not be what some would want but on our last TA the 1000+ jamming the Passport, Ensemble & Sky Lounge to use their coupons seemed to find something to drink.

My observation, based in part on comments here on Cruise Critic, is that on TA and Repositioning there will be many more experienced (with status) cruisers. Who won't be able to get even the Classic package as a perk because these aren't offered on TAs and Repositioning. So they eschew the drinks package and just rely on the Elite gathering for any pre-dinner beverages they might want.

• 2 years later...
16 minutes ago, hobgoblin said:

I have had free drinks in the past but only at the specified captains club venue,I didint know you could go to the general bars around the ship !

Do you just show your card to the barman?

Since this thread is over two years old things have changed. Yes just show your Sea Pass card. The CC HH drinks on your Sea Pass card are now unlimited (changed February 2019) and now on every cruise. Also good at most bars/lounges between the hours of 5 to 7 PM.  The WCB, room service, dining venues, theater and the mini bar in  your stateroom are excluded. 

Edited by davekathy

• 3 years later...

I am going transatlantic FLL-BCN April 23 on the Reflection

.  I don't have the drink package.  Why don't they load 4 drinks a day on the card so you can use it any time, instead of acting like a mob trying to get the last glass of water on the ship from 5-7.

Come on Celebrity!!!  Treat Elite and Elite plus a little nicer.

I recently went two weeks ago on RCCL/Odyssey of the Seas, they loaded 4 drinks a day on my card to have day or night, because I was Diamond there, and Elite Plus with Celebrity.  Any information would be helpful.

Edited by tikigal
wrong ship
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tikigal1 said:

.  I don't have the drink package.  Why don't they load 4 drinks a day on the card so you can use it any time, instead of acting like a mob trying to get the last glass of water on the ship from 5-7.

I recently went two weeks ago on RCCL/Odyssey of the Seas, they loaded 4 drinks a day on my card to have day or night, because I was Diamond there, and Elite Plus with Celebrity.  Any information would be helpful.

Glad to see some threads age better than others. 🤣

Try this POC:

Associate Vice President of Loyalty Marketing

andrea-shey@celebritycruises.com

The congestion is probably due to people on the “always included” who are getting their pre-dinner drinks.  but you aren’t limited to going to a single bar for Happy Hour—-You can get your Happy Hour drinks at nearly any bar on the ship, so if one is congested there are options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Glad to see some threads age better than others. 🤣

Try this POC:

Associate Vice President of Loyalty Marketing

andrea-shey@celebritycruises.com

thank you so much for the suggestion!😁 I just wrote to Andrea.  It was a really nice letter, with a lot of suggestions.  I worked in the Recreation industry for 30 years. Again many thanks for the contact information.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tikigal1 said:

The Celebrity policy is different.   No mob as you can get your free drinks (all you want) at any bar.

On 2/26/2023 at 1:42 AM, cruisestitch said:

The congestion is probably due to people on the “always included” who are getting their pre-dinner drinks.  but you aren’t limited to going to a single bar for Happy Hour—-You can get your Happy Hour drinks at nearly any bar on the ship, so if one is congested there are options.

I like going to Eden on the Edge Class ships. It's often significantly less busy than the Atrium and Sunset Bar.