Silhouette Port Change from FLL to Miami

cltnccruisers

Just got an email that Silhouette will be using Miami instead of FLL due to [port construction. In part:

As you may know, we’re building a transformative new ship, Celebrity EdgeSM, that will revolutionize the way you experience the world. A ship this stunning deserves a terminal to match, so Port Everglades is building us one. Due to this construction, your sailing will be departing from and returning to PortMiami, not Port Everglades. Your embarkation time and the ship’s departure time remain the same. To make your experience as carefree as your vacation, we’ll have extra Celebrity staff on hand to help you every step of the way

We'd had a Park 'n Go reservation for FLL. Can anyone recommend a similar facility for Miami?

Just got an email that Silhouette will be using Miami instead of FLL due to [port construction. In part:

As you may know, we’re building a transformative new ship, Celebrity EdgeSM, that will revolutionize the way you experience the world. A ship this stunning deserves a terminal to match, so Port Everglades is building us one. Due to this construction, your sailing will be departing from and returning to PortMiami, not Port Everglades. Your embarkation time and the ship’s departure time remain the same. To make your experience as carefree as your vacation, we’ll have extra Celebrity staff on hand to help you every step of the way

We'd had a Park 'n Go reservation for FLL. Can anyone recommend a similar facility for Miami?

What date are u sailing?

I just suck it up and park at the port in Miami.

Our sailing isn't until March 11.

Someone else just posted this on another thread. It was on the Celebrity boards but refers to a RCCL sailing. They might have the same policy ... would call Celebrity directly to find out if they do.

Our March 4th has been shifted to Miami. They're providing free shuttle from FLL to POM. We get off Allure that morning so we'll probably use their shuttle.

In Miami you should plan to park at the port -- POM charges $20/day (going up to $22/day in Dec) for parking that is covered, convenient and secure. No shuttle needed -- the walk from the garages to your check in is about 100 yards or so.

Someone else just posted this on another thread. It was on the Celebrity boards but refers to a RCCL sailing. They might have the same policy ... would call Celebrity directly to find out if they do.

Our March 4th has been shifted to Miami. They're providing free shuttle from FLL to POM. We get off Allure that morning so we'll probably use their shuttle.

The email does mention transfers from FLL to POM. We're driving though - overnight in Melbourne on the way down then a few days in St Augustine on the way home. Hence, the parking question.

In Miami you should plan to park at the port -- POM charges $20/day (going up to $22/day in Dec) for parking that is covered, convenient and secure. No shuttle needed -- the walk from the garages to your check in is about 100 yards or so.

Bagpipes sound just fine when accompanied by a good single malt.

The email does mention transfers from FLL to POM. We're driving though - overnight in Melbourne on the way down then a few days in St Augustine on the way home. Hence, the parking question.

I see...

But if you got a great rate at FLL and the cruise line will provide free shuttle service, it might be worth your while to park there anyway and avoid higher priced lots at the POM.

We are on a cruise out of Miami next month and found everything to be cheaper and easier than flying into and renting a hotel in Miami when all was said and done.

Is there a free shuttle after the cruise back to Ft. Lauderdale? For people who are flying in and out on the same day as the cruise embarks and disembarks, the extra time needed to move to/ from miami could pose a real problem. Is the move just for Celebrity or are other cruise lines doing the same thing? Sounds like it could be a problem.

Is there a free shuttle after the cruise back to Ft. Lauderdale? For people who are flying in and out on the same day as the cruise embarks and disembarks, the extra time needed to move to/ from miami could pose a real problem. Is the move just for Celebrity or are other cruise lines doing the same thing? Sounds like it could be a problem.

Yes. From the email:

Debarkation

If you’re flying home from Ft. Lauderdale, we’ll provide complimentary transfers from PortMiami to Fort Lauderdale International Airport.

I’m on April 1 but did not get any notice- I assume she will be back in FLL by then

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last Silhouette cruise listed from Miami is March 11th. The 18th is on the altered itineraries page but only for a late departure from Port Everglades.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert

Despite the inconvenience I'm pretty happy with Celebrity at the moment. Received a call from them asking if I got the itinerary change email. The caller wanted to setup the transfers from FLL so we reserved the return but we're getting off Allure before boarding Silhouette and they have no plan for port to port transfers. I offered to taxi or Uber to FLL but they needed a flight number. They're supposed to call back so I may just look up an arriving flight that day and give them that number.

I got a call last night from X basically reviewing the email and adding $50 OBC which was not in mine. We also discussed the parking situation. He said he'd worked at POM and that the parking was more than adequate there. Also, that there are digital signs directing you to the appropriate garage for the ship. A nice courtesy call and totally unexpected.