What was the best deal you ever got on a Cunard cruise?

1AL

Queen Elizabeth - January 2014 - first 8 nights of the world cruise - transatlantic crossing form Southampton to NYC - £299 each - cruise only in an inside cabin. We paid an extra £100 each for an ocean view making it £399 each for 8 nights. 'Twas glorious :-)

I remember you booking that. Had we been able to get away then, we would have booked it too, as it was were were going to Singapore to join QM2.

We are are at Pennard incidentally, so almost neighbours.

My sons had a good deal after the first refit on QM2. They booked a 2 day cruise in the cheapest inside cabin. The trip was extended to 5 days, as the refit was shorter than scheduled, for the same price as the 2 day, and they were upgraded to an obstructed balcony. A 16 category upgrade.

My " best deal" was on my first T/A in Nov of '16. Eastbound ( 7 days ) was $1117 for a balcony with me as the solo occupant. The return, Westbound, that trip, was $1317 for a different stateroom, still a balcony, with me as the solo occupant.

Could not " score" such a deal, on the Nov. '17 T/A ( 14 days crossing ) so my travel buddy & I shared a balcony stateroom.

Well then I'll amend my answer. Our best deal was YOUR best deal in '16 as we were plunked down at your dinner table for our first T/A and we got new lifelong friends out of the deal. Best upgrade ever! Hugs!

We are doing the BRB transatlantic soon & I'm happy with the cabin we have but obviously an upgrade would be nice! At whIat point do Cunard offer upgrades if they are going to?

Upgrades can happen at just about any point. The one time we received an upgrade, it was 5 days before departure. Others have reported they have received upgrades as late as during check-in for their voyages.

• 2 weeks later...

Our best deal on Cunard was a free voyage - we were lucky enough to win a cruise in a balcony cabin with OBC on QM2 in an online prize draw - a fantastic experience. This trip helped make us very regular cruisers, so the giveaway definitely worked well for Carnival Corp too!

Our best deal on Cunard was a free voyage - we were lucky enough to win a cruise in a balcony cabin with OBC on QM2 in an online prize draw - a fantastic experience. This trip helped make us very regular cruisers, so the giveaway definitely worked well for Carnival Corp too!

Wow! I think you win the cheapest cruise thread! What a wonderful prize you received :hearteyes:

The best deal I ever got was booking an east bound T/A followed by a west bound four days after arrival. I booked a Q5 each way and was upgraded to a Q2 (the Holyrood Suite) for both directions. Talk about living high off the hog.

On another east bound, I booked a Q5, got upgraded to a Q4, but the couple who had booked it decided they didn't want to be upgraded to a Q2, so I got their upgrade from a Q5 to a Q2 (same Holyrood). The next door suite occupant was Dr. Ruth Westheimer the famous sex psychologist, and she was a very interesting person to talk to.

Cunard now have me hooked I book a Q4 and if I get an upgrade it is great, if not it is still great.