Taxis in Darwin?

DH and I want to visit the Museum of the northern territories and we're considering walking to the museum and then getting a taxi to take us back to the ship. Might there be taxis at the Museum or would we be able to ask someone to call a taxi for us?

Thanks

DH and I want to visit the Museum of the northern territories and we're considering walking to the museum and then getting a taxi to take us back to the ship. Might there be taxis at the Museum or would we be able to ask someone to call a taxi for us?

Thanks

diane in ny,

It is extremely hot and humid in Darwin and the distance from the port to the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT) is about five kilometres. Even if you take the shuttle from the port to the Visitor Centre, it is still at least a 4 km walk to MAGNT. When we were last in Darwin, in April 2015, at 10am it was 33 degrees C and close to 100% humidity with clear blue skies.

I would suggest a taxi both ways or perhaps on the way back ask to be dropped back in the city area and walk back to the port which is quite a nice walk.

Leigh

diane in ny,

It is extremely hot and humid in Darwin and the distance from the port to the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT) is about five kilometres. Even if you take the shuttle from the port to the Visitor Centre, it is still at least a 4 km walk to MAGNT. When we were last in Darwin, in April 2015, at 10am it was 33 degrees C and close to 100% humidity with clear blue skies.

I would suggest a taxi both ways or perhaps on the way back ask to be dropped back in the city area and walk back to the port which is quite a nice walk.

Leigh

Thank you for your suggestion to taxi it both ways. Sounds like the smart thing to do considering the heat and humidity

Thank you for your suggestion to taxi it both ways. Sounds like the smart thing to do considering the heat and humidity

If there are no taxis at the terminal, take the shuttle to the town centre and the taxis are at the end of the Mall. We took a taxi to a crocodile farm and when ready to return they rang for a pick up. The walk from the Town Centre back to the ship is a very pleasant one as An elevator takes care of the hill ..:cool:

The shuttle into the centre of Darwin is fairly expensive. Options I suggest are to walk into town (easy walk) and get a taxi there, or phone from the terminal. We did the latter when I wanted to go to the East Point Military Museum. When we were ready to leave, we asked staff at the reception desk to telephone for a taxi. It so happened that there was another couple there wanting to go back to the ship, so we shared the cab and the cost.

We caught the HOHO bus from just outside the passenger terminal a couple of times when we’ve been in Darwin.

Stopped off at the Museum and Art Gallery and then the Military Museum, all on one day visit. It was hot, humid and wet, all in one day in November.

We caught the HOHO bus from just outside the passenger terminal a couple of times when we’ve been in Darwin.

Stopped off at the Museum and Art Gallery and then the Military Museum, all on one day visit. It was hot, humid and wet, all in one day in November.

We have done similar utilising the HOHO bus.