Amenities on Star Clipper

donna5

Does Starclipper have toiletries(shampoo,rinse, lotion) like the big cruises or should we bring our own. Do any rooms have refrigerators? Are there Robes? If anyone knows can you give me a lowdown. I think we will be signing up for a category 3.

Thanks in advance

They do provide toiletries. We had a hair dryer in our cabin, as well as two nice robes. We were in one of the large cabins on the maindeck, and we did have a very small refrigerator. We never used it, and I don't hink they had them in the smaller cabins.

wow...I was in this small cabin next to the owners cabin...mine was small...and the bed was 4 ft off the floor. Well let me tell you climbing that ladder in heavy seas with one too many rum and cokes was a real trick.

If you dont like motion...do not take a cabin in the stern....... it was fabulous if you like roller coaster rides........I loved it.

And if you ever get to meet Doctor Tom......he is a real gentleman! My compliments!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the Royal Clipper. I was in a category 3 cabin, and while there were toiletries and a hair dryer, we did not have robes or a fridge.

We were in cabin 206 (towards the bow), and noticed no major movement until the last night, sailing from Martinique to Barbados, which is apparently always rough. One thing we definitely observed was that there was a definite slant to the floor in our cabin, due to the fact that it was so close to the bow.

BTW, I wasn't sure whether your question was about Star Clippers in general, or the Star Clipper specifically. My experience was on the Royal Clipper--YMMV.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just back and the amenities in regular cabins are 2 different kinds of round bar soaps, shampoo, and lotion. The hairdryer in our room had a slight warm breeze to it. When we were showed our cabin, the crewman showed us how it worked, and and said "well a little air is coming out. We didn't need to use it this time anyway. You have an icebucket and go to the dinningroom and fill it up from the ice machine(2 of them- on each side of the stairs.)

Actually, I think they would be happy to bring you anything that you feel you need. We had a Cat. 3 on the Royal and we DID have two robes. No fridge. We carry our own 220v hair dryer with a Continental plug. We are on the Star April 10th (Cat 2) for the Regatta...does anyone remember if the Star has the same voltage & plugs as the Royal?

Bob Ring :cool:

Archived