New Video of Keel laying

kathy9

I just received an email from Viking about this:

n December 2013, a keel-laying ceremony was held to mark the first major construction milestone for Viking Star, a new kind of ocean ship.

In honor of this auspicious occasion, we created a commemorative coin for you, our maiden season's passengers who secured your reservations early. This coin replicates the official coin that was placed under the ship's keel as a traditional sign of good fortune.

Produced in limited edition, this two-inch pewter coin has an antique finish and enamel inlay. Only a few thousand of these special coins exist—and one is being sent to the household address associated with booking number. Your coin is scheduled to deliver in early March.

From all of us at Viking Cruises, this commemorative coin is our thank you for choosing to join us on the 2015 maiden season of Viking Star. We look forward to meeting you onboard!

I guess it's real and hopefully the ship will be ready in time.

Edited by TERRIER1

Thanks Kathy9 and TERRIER1 for the reply.

We have been booked since June, 2013 but maybe Viking is only contacting the early sailings passengers ("our maiden season's passengers") - may not have any coins left by the time they get to September sailings :(

From one of the lucky ones who received our "coin", I can say although it's kind of neat, it's not gold or silver, or anything to put in the safe deposit box. If you don't get one, not to fear, you're not missing something in the WOW category. My opinion anyway - others may disagree.