Where can I find information on specific staterooms for Queen Victoria?

DonRobertoSanJuan

I am trying to find information on specific (balcony) staterooms, but have seen no reviews or pictures. I am trying to find out if it makes sense to pay a little more for an aft (BD) room on deck 6 (6202) vs a fwd (BE) room on deck 7 (7003).

Where can I find that information?

You are looking from one extreme to the other; far forward or aft. Not sure what the void is on deck 7 which would be opposite your cabin of choice there? At least the aft of deck 6 is pax cabins and next to the large Q1!

Just remember if you have any storms of consequence, there will be more movement in your prefered locations.

You are looking from one extreme to the other; far forward or aft. Not sure what the void is on deck 7 which would be opposite your cabin of choice there? At least the aft of deck 6 is pax cabins and next to the large Q1!

Just remember if you have any storms of consequence, there will be more movement in your prefered locations.

Hi LadyL1, (thanks for the running commentary on your trip btw), the void you are referring to on deck 7 are the back walls of crew quarters - there is a corridor running down the middle of them and thus its the back walls on port and starboard side against the passenger companionways.

the main difference between the two staterooms are that they areeither full forward or full aft, they both have the same interior makeup with the bathroom on the left as you walk in. Both balconies and both rooms are exactly the same size.

The only thing the op might want to consider is there is a little more movement up the pointy end and that the hull door on the starboard side is one used most for provisioning and therefore it is usually against the berth...

I prefer the full forward position and the starboard side for that reason.

Thanks all for the information. I see pictures of Club Balcony rooms and others, but not Balcony. Oh well... I ended up aft, next to one of the largest suites.

May I suggest (seen on other boards) starting a compilation of cabins, by passengers who stayed in them, showing the cabin numbers, (hopefully with pictures) and anything they like or dislike about that room, like noise, smoke, movement etc. etc.

It would help first timers, like me, a lot in choosing a location.

• 5 months later...
The Balcony and Club Balcony are the same size and layout.

Thanks Hattie but are the cabins the same size on each deck. I have booked 6066 and told by Cunard agent that the cabins on Deck 6 are bigger than 5 or 4. Is this correct Thanks Tina

Thanks Hattie but are the cabins the same size on each deck. I have booked 6066 and told by Cunard agent that the cabins on Deck 6 are bigger than 5 or 4. Is this correct Thanks Tina

Unless I've missed something somewhere, the Britannia Balcony cabins are all the same size on all decks. Well, almost all the same size. Naturally the wheelchair accessible cabins are somewhat larger (on all decks). And some of the cabins on the corners of the "bump outs" are larger (on all decks). I fear the Cunard agent may have given you some misinformation.

The difference in size is in the balcony depth isn’t it.
Not sure about balcony depth differences between decks with regard to Britannia Balcony cabins on QV.

I'm pretty sure the balconies are deeper on the Britannia Balcony cabins on deck 4 all the way forward and aft compared to other Britannia Balcony cabins.

For other cabin locations, taking into account what appears to be a slight inward taper to the ship's profile as the decks get higher, if there is any difference in the balcony depths between decks, I would think the lower decks would have slightly deeper balconies than higher decks, not the other way around.

So, I guess I'm still thinking the Cunard rep's advice to sparky43 was incorrect even when taking into account balcony sizes. But as always, I will gladly stand corrected if I'm looking at it all wrong.

Edited by bluemarble

Thanks all for the information. I see pictures of Club Balcony rooms and others, but not Balcony. Oh well... I ended up aft, next to one of the largest suites.

May I suggest (seen on other boards) starting a compilation of cabins, by passengers who stayed in them, showing the cabin numbers, (hopefully with pictures) and anything they like or dislike about that room, like noise, smoke, movement etc. etc.

It would help first timers, like me, a lot in choosing a location.

I so agree with you. There are cabin lists on other major cruise lines of pros and cons of individual cabins, it would be great if Cunard had one as well.

Unless I've missed something somewhere, the Britannia Balcony cabins are all the same size on all decks. Well, almost all the same size. Naturally the wheelchair accessible cabins are somewhat larger (on all decks). And some of the cabins on the corners of the "bump outs" are larger (on all decks). I fear the Cunard agent may have given you some misinformation.

Don't the cabins now all come prefabricated? just like portacabins then they're bolted together. That's why you can use magnets on any of the walls. QG rooms are simply 2 x normal.

There are a few exceptions.

I so agree with you. There are cabin lists on other major cruise lines of pros and cons of individual cabins, it would be great if Cunard had one as well.
It's a good idea and has been suggested several times but someone needs to start it off.

Aside from the general forward vs. middle vs. aft discussions, I don't think there's enough of a noticeable difference among unobstructed balcony staterooms on the Cunard ships.

The differences can be summarized generally, such as glass-fronted vs sheltered balconies and comparisons between decks among sheltered balcony staterooms.

Thanks everyone re my cabin size question. I am not too bothered but I was persuaded by Cunard rep to go for deck 6 instead of 5 on the basis that the cabins were slightly larger. Maybe she meant the balcony. Its a long time to wait but I will find out in Jan 2020 !

Thanks everyone re my cabin size question. I am not too bothered but I was persuaded by Cunard rep to go for deck 6 instead of 5 on the basis that the cabins were slightly larger. Maybe she meant the balcony. Its a long time to wait but I will find out in Jan 2020 !

I am sure you will not regret this, as on deck 5, there are some cabins very small balconies indeed!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this, Hattie. We're booked on QV and I had been reading about bathrooms with little storage or vanity space. I just hate that and Cunard has not a single photo of a bathroom on the website! Now I am happy ... until I think up the next thing to fret about.