Reflection

nyyhoneybee

Hi everyone!

On a 7 night, what nights are formal nights? Are lamb chops served? What night? Anyone have the menus? (or a link to a thread that has them all?)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Formal nights are 2nd night and second-to-last night of cruise. Lamb chops were served at the second formal night (and were not very good).

Formal nights are 2nd night and second-to-last night of cruise. Lamb chops were served at the second formal night (and were not very good).

Yes, the 2nd and 6th nights. I thought the lamb chops in the MDR were excellent. They also served lobster that night as well as Beef Wellington.

Yes, the 2nd and 6th nights. I thought the lamb chops in the MDR were excellent. They also served lobster that night as well as Beef Wellington.

Sorry but chops were overcooked and served lukewarm. Lobster was chewy. I guess you lucked out and got a better batch.

Sorry but chops were overcooked and served lukewarm. Lobster was chewy. I guess you lucked out and got a better batch.

I never eat lobster on a cruise ship. I always order my lamb chops medium rare. If yours were overcooked and served lukewarm, you should have sent them back. The waiters always ask if there is anything wrong, let them know so they can make it right.

The lamb chops are usually delicious. What you are calling 'lobster' is usually chewy with a rubbery texture.

The lamb chops are usually delicious. What you are calling 'lobster' is usually chewy with a rubbery texture.

Sorry that you guys can't accept my assessment of the food without having to challenge me. My experience obviously differs from yours so just leave it at that. It is my opinion that the food on Celebrity has declined significantly over the past 2 years. Every meal I had in the MDR was generally average. I didn't bother to send anything back because I have much lower expectations than I used to and don't really care as much. If I was in a Specialty restaurant, and had paid a premium to eat there, it would be a whole different story. Luckily, the Specialty restaurant food was pretty good so that was never a problem.

Sorry that you guys can't accept my assessment of the food without having to challenge me. My experience obviously differs from yours so just leave it at that. It is my opinion that the food on Celebrity has declined significantly over the past 2 years. Every meal I had in the MDR was generally average. I didn't bother to send anything back because I have much lower expectations than I used to and don't really care as much. If I was in a Specialty restaurant, and had paid a premium to eat there, it would be a whole different story. Luckily, the Specialty restaurant food was pretty good so that was never a problem.

I'm certainly not challenging you as I agree with your assessment -- that's why I never order cheewy lobster on a cruise ship. :rolleyes: We're just sharing our opinions of what we would have done with overcooked and lukewarm food -- send it back and have them make it right. ;)

I'm certainly not challenging you as I agree with your assessment -- that's why I never order cheewy lobster on a cruise ship. :rolleyes: We're just sharing our opinions of what we would have done with overcooked and lukewarm food -- send it back and have them make it right. ;)

You are correct! If you are at someone's home and they serve lamb that is overcooked and lukewarm, then you use your best manners. You don't say anything. However, when on a cruise ship, the staff wants to please you and you need to say something so they can get it right.

I always enjoy the lamb items with Celebrity, since we don't have lamb at home. On our recent Reflection cruise they were quite good as usual.

Cruisinggator2 has already told you to check out the menus in our review at www.thepreismans.com. That should provide you with what you need on meals. I also have all of the dailies, so you can see which nights were formal nights for the Eastern itinerary.

Rock lobster and Maine lobster are different and not related. Rock lobster is served on the ships... sometimes called spiny lobsters. They have no claws and are on the chewy side like rock shrimp. I'm not sure if they can be cooked at the exact right temperature to make them more like Maine lobster....or, if they are always on the chewy side.

Cruisinggator2 has already told you to check out the menus in our review at www.thepreismans.com. That should provide you with what you need on meals. I also have all of the dailies, so you can see which nights were formal nights for the Eastern itinerary.

Mike, your review was AMAZING. I spent last night reading it. I am really looking forward to trying the Reflection, although I'm nervous doing it with an infant still. Thank you so much for putting that together!

I'm not sure if they can be cooked at the exact right temperature to make them more like Maine lobster....or, if they are always on the chewy side.

In my experience they can be just as tender and tasty as east coast lobsters - just as east coast lobsters can be turned to a facsimile of a piece of rubber if overcooked. I find this debate as tiresome as that of the dress code. I've even heard Gordon Ramsay obnoxiously take it to a whole new level claiming that Maine lobster is head and shoulders above Canadian lobster. :rolleyes:

I agree that the rack of lamb was pretty bad on our last cruise and the lobster is something I would not even order. The beef wellington on the other hand is usually very good!

Are you on the January 11th Reflection cruise?

Where in NYC are you located? I live in the east 50s.

Happy Sailing!

I agree that the rack of lamb was pretty bad on our last cruise and the lobster is something I would not even order. The beef wellington on the other hand is usually very good!

Are you on the January 11th Reflection cruise?

Where in NYC are you located? I live in the east 50s.

Happy Sailing!

I'm in Brooklyn right now and from Brooklyn but living in Bayonne right now. Stay warm!

We are doing the Jan 25 sailing.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk