Shuttle in Dubrovnik

Tbay

Dubovnik is on our upcoming cruise so I'm gathering research. My notes say you'll pay 80 kn for a taxi to the Pile gate. $1 = about 7 or 8 kn. Another note says 13 Euros for up to 4 people, but it's not for sure that taxis will still take euros. And 13 Euros = more like 98 kn.

There is a bus that's cheaper, 12 kn from the kiosk, 15 kn from the driver. From just outside the cruise terminals, take the #1a, 1b, 1c, 3 or 8 bus to the Pile Gate at the end of the line.

haven't heard about any shuttles. HAL might have a shuttle for industrial ports, but I don't have any info on a Dubrovnic shuttle; maybe someone will post here.

Try the PORTS forum and search for Dubrovink. Use the f'orum jump' at the bottom of this page. happy planning, m--

Dubovnik is on our upcoming cruise so I'm gathering research. My notes say you'll pay 80 kn for a taxi to the Pile gate. $1 = about 7 or 8 kn. Another note says 13 Euros for up to 4 people, but it's not for sure that taxis will still take euros. And 13 Euros = more like 98 kn.

There is a bus that's cheaper, 12 kn from the kiosk, 15 kn from the driver. From just outside the cruise terminals, take the #1a, 1b, 1c, 3 or 8 bus to the Pile Gate at the end of the line.

haven't heard about any shuttles. HAL might have a shuttle for industrial ports, but I don't have any info on a Dubrovnic shuttle; maybe someone will post here.

Try the PORTS forum and search for Dubrovink. Use the f'orum jump' at the bottom of this page. happy planning, m--

It's a 30minute ride, cost 10 Euro pp, and return is free

We were just on the Westerdam in Dubrovnik August 21. There is a ship shuttle service to Old Town for $16 and was valid all day while in Dubrovnik. Old Town is approximately 4 km away from the dock. You can put the cost on your shipboard account. We preferred using a taxi with another couple. The cost is 13 Euros so you can split the cost. But remember, that is a one way cost. DH and I can walk a distance so we walked back to the ship. You can eat more dessert that way!

I believe if you walk outside the fenced in dock area, that the cost is less to go to Old Town, but I didn't notice the rate signs earlier so we just took the taxi from inside the fenced area.

We were just on the Westerdam in Dubrovnik August 21. There is a ship shuttle service to Old Town for $16 and was valid all day while in Dubrovnik. Old Town is approximately 4 km away from the dock. You can put the cost on your shipboard account. We preferred using a taxi with another couple. The cost is 13 Euros so you can split the cost. But remember, that is a one way cost. DH and I can walk a distance so we walked back to the ship. You can eat more dessert that way!

I believe if you walk outside the fenced in dock area, that the cost is less to go to Old Town, but I didn't notice the rate signs earlier so we just took the taxi from inside the fenced area.

Thank you for this update. m--

We enjoy walking to the old town and back. For us it is always enjoyable and we love relaxing at the restaurants and shops along the way. So enjoy exploring and we found a long set of steps taking us to the Old Town as a short cut. Now this is our 4th time with HAL doing The Med and last October they did have a shuttle service

but I do not know what the cost was.

Enjoy your cruise.

Denise:)

We were on Eurodam May 2016 in Dubrovnik and the shuttle was $15 USD. You can get local bus tickets at the bus station just outside the cruise dock but they only take Kunas no Euros no USDs. We used the local bus then approx 1.91 US (12 Kunas) each way but crowded. Since we are going to be there until 23:00 this time in October I think we will take the shuttle to go back and forth a couple of times.

Edited by CHOPPERTESTER