Problems with the board? Just went to the bugs and glitches forum and saw this!

kazu

UserCP (to see subscribed threads) has not been working for me. Neither has the log in button. Push either and nothing happens.

I went to the Bugs n Glitches forum and found the issues already reported.

Here are the links https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54609024&posted=1#post54609024

And https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2566886

So, if you are having problems, you are not alone.

Thanks for posting, kazu. I have been wondering since yesterday.

I signed out just before noon (eastern) on Tuesday, and when I tried to sign back in later in the afternoon I couldn't get the fields to open. I kept trying until about 11:00 last night. Again this morning---nothing.

So, how am I able to post, you might be wondering. I clicked on the 'Host Walt' link to send an e-mail about this, and got a screen that said I have to be logged in to use that feature, and gave an opportunity to log in. It worked! It worked!

I'll worry about how to log out again when the time comes.

But there's the work-around for those of you with the same problem.

Try this link to access your user cp: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/usercp.php

Usually it works, sometimes I get an error message. Any comment from Cruise Critic staff about the problem?

There was no post from CC staff when I looked at those two threads whogo.

Thanks for the tip - I'll try it.

I've gotten one or two 'junk mail' e-mails from Cruise Critic today. I would rather they send something about what's going on, any work-arounds we can use in the meantime, and an estimate of when this will be fixed.

I hate not being able to sign out when I am done. I will especially hate it tonight, as my laptop has to be shut down for some updates to run.

Major problem for me I have registered three times as they have said I am not a member I cannot get into Roll Call? Still it won't recognize me

Did you try the method I described in post #2? It worked this morning.

Has anyone found a way to sign out yet?

I am having trouble when copying and pasting. It inserts weird spacing in the paste part that was not in the original.:confused::confused::confused:

I am not sure if this is what you are doing but since they went with the new format if you copy and paste from word documents it will combine some (not all but some) of the words. Is that what you are doing?

Keith

I am not sure if this is what you are doing but since they went with the new format if you copy and paste from word documents it will combine some (not all but some) of the words. Is that what you are doing?

Keith

No, when I update the roll call list I copy the last one and then paste it and make the additions. I always have at least one line that spaces strangely. When I did it tonight they all came out double spaced when the previous versions were single spaced. :confused::confused:

No, when I update the roll call list I copy the last one and then paste it and make the additions. I always have at least one line that spaces strangely. When I did it tonight they all came out double spaced when the previous versions were single spaced. :confused::confused:

Wow. That's a new one to me.

I had been having the other problem but found a work around for that one.

I keep up roll calls as well. I will be sure to watch out for this on the next update.

Keith

Scrapnana, CC member POA1 clued me in on ways to paste without formatting. Instead of pasting using control-v on a pc, add the shift key; shift-control-v. On a Mac, the keys are shift-command-v.

For some reason on my Mac I have to use shift-alt-command-v to paste without formatting. You can Google for clearer instructions than I can give.

I thought it was just me. It would not let me log in using my lap top, but it let me in using my desk top. When using my desk top I never have to log in, strange?

Allan

You have chosen two different options on your different devices from the sounds of things Allan.

On your desk top, I think you clicked "remember me" which basically never logs you out (at least that is how it works with me).

On your laptop, you didn't click "remember me" which means you need to log in. Hope this makes sense?

I keep looking for a sticky in the ever-growing list that would explain the glitches with forum and what they are doing to correct it. But no luck.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Even an announcement thread would be helpful. Something that appears on every forum in the site, so we could all get the same message.

But, no. Nothing. As jtl said.