Tequila Factory tour & kids?

newbiecruiser09

Thinking about the Tequila Factory tour when we are in Coz in Dec (hubby & I both big tequila fans). Will have our 9 yr old DD and 15 yr old DS along too. Anyone done the tour? About how long should we expect to spend there? (we are hiring a driver for the day) Will the kids be bored senseless? Worth it or skip it?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.:)

We did the Hacienda Antigua Tequila Factory Tour on our own when we visited Cozumel in 2008. We both are ... well ... kinda Tequila Snobs. We enjoyed the tour it was just the two of us and our tour guide.

Here's a link to what I wrote about the experience when we got back...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25620094&postcount=22

This picture links to the start of my pictures from our tour in my webshots album.

2567269200102635822S600x600Q85.jpg

While we did get to taste a good variety of tequilas all are within the Hacienda Antigua house. Your kids might be bored senseless, but it doesn't take very long to walk through the tour and do your tastings. I'm not sure if there was an area where they could run around or anything.

Here's a link to my little Tequila List over on Trip Advisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i5026-BSQ_s_Tequila_in_Ten_Minutes.html

I started at the big Los Cinco Soles store in town. (Actually I start by looking at the pier to see what they have), from LCS I just roamed in and out of all the shops. I've been able to sample anything new I'm contemplating buying before I make the purchase at LCS.

Some folks will tell you to go to the grocery store. I've not done that in Cozumel, but when I have tried that on the mainland I found the selection to be a bit ordinary. XQ Gran Reserva and Lapis Anejo are my top two pics. With a little Xtabentun thrown in for good measure... though that is rum-based.

For something a little different, you can try (blue agave) Coctel Mar Mix. It's made at the Hacienda Antigua factory, but you can also get it at the Tequila Factory Store across the street from Prodive (about 2 or 3 blocks from the PDC ferry terminal). It's only 13%, so it's more like a strong cooler than a tequila...

Cheers, P:)

1848739210_marmix.jpg.a0af8f5facdc69b0e68dbf8242f4d655.jpg

Archived