Majesty moving to Tampa

Morning All!

We are currently booked to go to Cuba on Empress out of Tampa in July of 2018. I just received an email of RC that the ship has changed to Majesty. I have attached a screenshot of the email below. Does not say where Empress is going. I have to say, I'm a little bummed. We were looking forward to giving Empress a try, and we weren't huge fans of Majesty when we sailed her last month. C'est la vie.

I would assume she will be in Tampa during the same time frame as Empress, although it would be awesome if she stayed year round, in addition to Brilliance and Rhapsody in the winter season.

c766fe88c913c0ab6447b70ced8ebde4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got an email that my upcoming Majesty cruise was changed to the Enchantment and that my embarkation port will remain the same. I assume that means that the Enchantment is moving back to PC?? I have several MJ books the first one in January, it said my upcoming cruise so I am assuming it's the January one??

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to let you know that due to deployment changes within our fleet we have changed the ship for your upcoming cruise to Enchantment of the Seas. The date of your sailing, your itinerary, embarkation port, and cabin category will all remain the same. Enchantment will deliver all the great amenities you were going to experience on Empress plus Park Café, Concierge Club, Chop’s Grille, additional shops, Nursery, Bungee Trampoline, balcony staterooms, and more, while still enjoying all the Caribbean has to offer.

That’s a little disappointing. Interesting seeing MJ moving to west coast—I don’t think one has been over here before? I live nearby so at least we’ll have new ships for ship spotting.

Empress is really being moved around!

This is interesting. After the update saying Mariner was coming back to PC, I looked at the Majesty sailings to see if we could get one more. I wonder if the site has been updated yet.

This is what I have been doing... I love the Majesty. Even though she will be closer to us, I am not really that interested in Cuba cruises... I loved the quick getaways to Coco Cay, and just loved the overall feel and layout of the ship.

This is interesting. After the update saying Mariner was coming back to PC, I looked at the Majesty sailings to see if we could get one more. I wonder if the site has been updated yet.

When I checked about an hour ago, it hasn't. The email we all received indicates it may take a week or two for the reservations and website to get updated. Mine reservation still shows Empress.

Mariner is not supposed to come back to PC until 2019

My email just says it is cancelled. It gave dates for Enchantment, but it looks like Enchantment sails from Miami. I don't think we will be able to make this work. Luckily, we were driving in to do a short cruise and Universal for a few days. I guess we will stay longer at Universal.

Looks like the recent renovation of terminal 6 in Tampa is acheiving it's goal of attracting larger ships such as the Majesty.

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2017/11/06/after-1-7m-renovation-port-tampa-bay-opens-cruise.html

And we're very thankful!

Since I have not received a notice, I presume this is taking place in the distant future. We are booked on Majesty January 2018 just before dry dock and then again in April 2018. I was looking at a November booking for 2018 also but have not pulled out the credit card yet. Have sailed Enchantment twice from Port Canaveral and it is an ok ship. Prefer Jewel or Brilliance size.

That’s a little disappointing. Interesting seeing MJ moving to west coast—I don’t think one has been over here before? I live nearby so at least we’ll have new ships for ship spotting.

Empress is really being moved around!

Monarch, sister ship to Majesty was based in San Pedro years ago.

Monarch, sister ship to Majesty was based in San Pedro years ago.

Oops—forgot to specify that I meant the west coast of FL! Probably just should have said tampa, as it’s the only cruise port on the west coast of FL :)

Since I have not received a notice, I presume this is taking place in the distant future. We are booked on Majesty January 2018 just before dry dock and then again in April 2018. I was looking at a November booking for 2018 also but have not pulled out the credit card yet. Have sailed Enchantment twice from Port Canaveral and it is an ok ship. Prefer Jewel or Brilliance size.

You'll be fine for January and April. November is no longer available for booking

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Our October 24-29, 2018 Cuba cruise on Empress from Tampa has also been moved to the Majesty. Just hoping all of our 7 cabins get moved over correctly!!:eek: Of course, any upgrades would be appreciated since we currently have obstructed OV cabins on Deck 7!!;p:rolleyes: