The newest trend/ship design -

CJcruzer

Just got an email, this will be the newest MSC, why do I think it looks like I am renting a condo in Miami Beach/FLL ? :cool:

msc-seaside-splash-hero.jpg The Caribbean's Hottest New Ship is Coming

Europe-based MSC Cruises is poised to make a a huge splash in the Caribbean market this winter with the debut of its hottest new ship, MSC Seaside. With 34 days left before the ship is christened, be among the first to sneak a peek onboard, including details on dining, cabins, activities and more.

And not a very attractive one at that. Imagine spending a week on that thing -- with five thousand people who think it's a good idea.

You make it sound like liking something you don't is something that makes someone someone to be avoided. I'm sure you didn't mean that.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

You make it sound like liking something you don't is something that makes someone someone to be avoided. I'm sure you didn't mean that.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

To give you an easy-to-understand example: I avoid three day Spring break cruises because I prefer the ambience on two week TA's - so I suppose I have to acknowledge that I prefer to avoid hanging out with heavy-drinking, hard-partying college kids.

I do not like the idea of 5,000 +/- passenger ships, nor do I think bumper cars, skating rinks, water slides, bowling alleys or climbing walls contribute to my enjoyment of a cruise. Aesthetically, I do not like ships that look more like office buildings than ships

I am not saying that people who have tastes different from mine should necessarily be avoided - but the odds are that I will be more likely to have compatible shipmates if they are inclined to like the same sort of ambiance I appreciate. You should try looking at things from a positive rather than negative angle.

MSC interests me. I enjoy the "Italian flavor" of those ships on which I have sailed that offer such, diluted as it may be now. MSC, I am thinking, might provide a really "new" cruise experience for me.

But, for me, is such a possibility worth an investment of time and money to experience a MSC cruise? That is the question!

Some people are too trapped in their HAL bubble to try anything else..the way some here talk about other cruise lines ships shows a definite bias.

that being said not everyone is going to like other lines ships but to bash them because they're not HAL is

Some people are too trapped in their HAL bubble to try anything else..the way some here talk about other cruise lines ships shows a definite bias.

that being said not everyone is going to like other lines ships but to bash them because they're not HAL is ��

Of course it is “?? “ (or whatever) to bash other lines’ ships — and anyone unwilling to try different lines is likely to lack the experience to make informed decisions.

But anyone with taste and discretion is almost certain to prefer one line over others, and to refer to him as “trapped” in a bubble or showing “bias” actually is nothing more than being trapped in a bubble of intolerance.

That said - and back on topic - the ship shown strikes me as an extraordinarily ugly vessel (that is - if you permit an expression of taste).

I've sailed on lots of lines (some now defunct) so no HAL bubble here.

I just don't like the look of the ship and it has no appeal for me to run to book ;)

Doesn't mean I wouldn't go on her - just not enthused with the look.

I've sailed on lots of lines (some now defunct) so no HAL bubble here.

I just don't like the look of the ship and it has no appeal for me to run to book ;)

Doesn't mean I wouldn't go on her - just not enthused with the look.

it's not 100% my thing either but I keep an open mind just the same.

that being said not everyone is going to like other lines ships but to bash them because they're not HAL is

Agreed and I'm glad the broader bashing issue is finally getting the attention that has been long overdue.

Agreed and I'm glad the broader bashing issue is finally getting the attention that has been long overdue.

Or the "Those ugly ships are blocking our view of(insert name of Dam ship here)" comments that are on the Port Everglades sail away threads.

Has there really been a dearth of needed attention paid to the "broader bashing issue"?

Of course, a thread discussing a huge ship with highly non-traditional characteristics might be expected to generate less-than rave comments on a site dedicated to HAL - a line known for traditional design and smaller ships - indicating that such thread might be populated by posters inclined to prefer such traditional design and smaller ships.

A thread about other cruise lines' ship design-on a board that's not the ship's cruise line = snark bait.

Stating the obvious but at the very least this would be better posted on a thread about ship design in general than on a irrelevant lines' board.

We've sailed on 5 other lines but prefer HAL. If HAL was to build a 5,000 passenger vessel we would not book passage on that either. These huge new cruise ships are getting to be the destination, it's not the itinerary so much. They could go out and cruise around in circles for a week, it's like a theme park more then a ship. Different strokes for different folks. Enjoy what ever ship your on.

Allan

My goodness, people, it's just a ship. That someone doesn't like the design doesn't mean the person is "bashing" it. People are still allowed to express dislike here, no?

I don't like the looks of that ship, either. Doesn't mean I'm inflexible, in a rut, closed-minded, or whatever. It means the design is not appealing to me. :rolleyes: That's all.

My goodness, people, it's just a ship. That someone doesn't like the design doesn't mean the person is "bashing" it. People are still allowed to express dislike here, no?

I don't like the looks of that ship, either. Doesn't mean I'm inflexible, in a rut, closed-minded, or whatever. It means the design is not appealing to me. :rolleyes: That's all.

According to the views and opinions posted on another few threads this week, I do think, however, that it means you are from the South :D :D :D