MSC Lirica March 31st

Lemonade

:) I just returned from the March 31st cruise on board the Lirica. I have previously cruised with Celebirty, Carnival, Costa, RCCL and NCL. I thouroughly enjoyed my cruise on the Lirica. The lunch buffet could have been better, limited variety--desserts poor. The lunch in the dining room was always very good. The afternnon tea was not extensive, not a lot of fruit. Midnights buffets limited. Dinners in the dining room always very good, the salmon on the ""alyways there menu was excellent"". The änamation team (Cruise Director staff) was excellent. They were always out and about getting guests to join in dances etc. Did not attend evening shows so can't comment on them. Drinks very liberal at 2 Captains parties. Pizza station very good pizza. If you want afternoon ice cream--order from room service. Room service very fast. Very, very clean ship. As someone else mentioned they were always cleaning stairway hand rails etc. Embarkation was the fastest ever--I'm sure it took no more than 5 minutes and I was on the ship. Itinerary was veery good, Cayo Levantado was beautiful, very well set up and clean.

Thanks for posting your Lirica review, Lemonade. We leave on the Lirica on the 22nd and we're looking forward to the MSC experience. Nice to know you enjoyed your trip. Thanks for your honest evaluations on the food offerings in the dining room and buffet.

joanz

Yo-

Thank you for your short - but good - review-

It mirrored our cruise (the one just before yours) very close - except for lunch buffet - which I thought was good and tasty - but otherwise close (loved the garlic bread and some of the cold cuts at the buffet)-

Mike

:) --desserts poor.

Itinerary was veery good, Cayo Levantado was beautiful, very well set up and clean.

That's ok....heaven knows I don't need any dessert! :eek:

Can you elaborate please on Cayo Levantado?

Is there snorkeling? Is it crowded? Good local places for lunch?

Thanks!

Cayo Levontado--there was snorkling right off the main beach area, which is a short walk from the tendering dock. There is a nice paved pathway with lots of locals artisans on the way from tenders to the beach areas. I don't snorkle but people in our group said it was very good and it was right there. Lots of pelicans diving for food right in front of you. Lovely beach with lots and lots of lounge chairs, lots of shady areas. A very good set up for the buffet provided by the ship--limited food. Burgers, salads, drinks and desserts. No other places to eat--it is a small basically deserted island.

Archived