Coco Cay Beach Bed

BND

I posted on the RCI threads but didn't get all my questions answered. We've (DH and I ) have booked a beach bed for our cruise next month. Do we get priority tender tickets? Also, do they still do the pre-order lunch? We've attempted Coco three times, had it cancelled twice (6 years ago and last year), made it once in rain about 5 years ago and crappy weather so we're hoping this time we'll have nice weather. I know the concierge can get us tender tickets, but I just wondered if the excursion/beach bed gets them for us.

• 3 weeks later...
I posted on the RCI threads but didn't get all my questions answered. We've (DH and I ) have booked a beach bed for our cruise next month. Do we get priority tender tickets? Also, do they still do the pre-order lunch? We've attempted Coco three times, had it cancelled twice (6 years ago and last year), made it once in rain about 5 years ago and crappy weather so we're hoping this time we'll have nice weather. I know the concierge can get us tender tickets, but I just wondered if the excursion/beach bed gets them for us.

97690393bb317380b27d9f635d088a07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there today, and the beds are awesome. Beautiful & quiet stretch. Though we did take the tram in a couple times to the areas with more action (to snorkel, hair braid, first aid).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont see the bed option in my Cruise Planner. Does that mean maybe they are sold out? We are sailing in July.

Usually when an excursion is sold out, it says to "inquire onboard". You could call.

Usually when an excursion is sold out, it says to "inquire onboard". You could call.

Thanks I may do that. It seems like the beds would be a great option for our group. I'm not sure what other ships may be in Coco Cay on that day, maybe its just going to be really busy.

Thanks I may do that. It seems like the beds would be a great option for our group. I'm not sure what other ships may be in Coco Cay on that day, maybe its just going to be really busy.

One ship is all that should be there. We were there with two ships once several years ago (we were on Enchantment and I can't remember the other ship, but it was small). They no longer put two ships there at the same time.

Boo, I called Friday and the agent didn't even say that a beach bed was an option. She sounded super confused and said it was just the Bungalow or Cabana

Boo, I called Friday and the agent didn't even say that a beach bed was an option. She sounded super confused and said it was just the Bungalow or Cabana

I just called back again to try to speak to someone else. He said it was odd for our sailing that normally it would show for him as Sold Out but the beach beds just aren't showing up as an option at all. :o

I just called back again to try to speak to someone else. He said it was odd for our sailing that normally it would show for him as Sold Out but the beach beds just aren't showing up as an option at all. :o

That is odd. Keep checking. Also, have them push it up the line to someone who might know more.

we just came back from cruise on sunday and was suppose to be at coco cay and it got cancelled!! 2nd. time in a row

• 3 weeks later...
That is odd. Keep checking. Also, have them push it up the line to someone who might know more.

It looks like the beach bed option finally showed up in our cruise planner! $157 for 4 adults. Now I have to decide if its worth it! I think for the tender tickets, drink service, etc it might be.

• 1 month later...

We are sailing on Enchantment in April 2019 and the beach beds just showed up in Cruise Planner yesterday so I jumped on that!

Yep, $157 (**note: only reserve it under 1 guest, do not include all your party, otherwise it will charge $157 per guest!!!)

We had $125 OBC so it only ended up costing me around $30. Worth it to me and my hubby for a relaxing day at Coco Cay.

• 1 month later...

This was a problem with the new website. We got the beach beds for the 3rd year in a row for this Sept.

are the beds on the far end of the beach? is it close to the float bar? or is there another bar close by?

There is a closer bar, but the floating bar is perhaps 150 yards further north.

bedagain.jpg

morebed.jpg

The picture below was 2016 and the floating bar was destroyed when this was taken. (It was back in 2017) In this photo there are two groups of people in the water. The floating bar was between then. There is a land bar about 50 ft from most of the beds.

lookingnorth.jpg

The picture below was 2016 and the floating bar was destroyed when this was taken. (It was back in 2017) In this photo there are two groups of people in the water. The floating bar was between then. There is a land bar about 50 ft from most of the beds.

That's good to know and thank you for the photos. Do you recall if the beds on the back row were staggered so that there is view of the water instead of a front row bed?

That's good to know and thank you for the photos. Do you recall if the beds on the back row were staggered so that there is view of the water instead of a front row bed?

I believe so, I'll search my 2017 photos. When we first got the beds in 2016 they might have been newer, I think there was about 10-12 of them, all in a single line about 5 ft above the high tide line. Only 4 people on Majesty reserved one that year. In 2017 we didn't reserve till on ship and had to take the 2nd row. We still enjoyed it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2018 at 7:46 PM, BillOh said:

Hi. I have just reserved Beach Bed on cruise planner and there is no option to select first row vs second row. There is nothing concerning bed location in confirmation either. Do you know how do we chose bed location? Are these beds numbered in any way and specific beds are assigned to each purchasing party or it's on the" first come first serve basis "(we chose any out of available beds once we get to the island?) Thank You.

I believe so, I'll search my 2017 photos. When we first got the beds in 2016 they might have been newer, I think there was about 10-12 of them, all in a single line about 5 ft above the high tide line. Only 4 people on Majesty reserved one that year. In 2017 we didn't reserve till on ship and had to take the 2nd row. We still enjoyed it.

• 2 months later...