Private Tour - which is better

txmomof3

We used Rony on our December trip with our 15 year old. Full review and pictures are here. https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/. You can tell them what you have in mind and they will put it together. My daughter fell in love with the sloth :). Let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've used Victor Bodden twice, as recently as last fall. Ben Hernandez is our favorite guide but he is working as a driver on one of the buses most days. We have always been extremely satisfied and highly recommend VB!

I think it all depends on the luck of the draw and the driver you get rather than which company you use. We have always used a smaller company which is little-mentioned on here previously but decided to go with one of the popular companies this last time, and picked Rony’s.

Administration of booking and driving was fine but our driver did not engage. He was more of a driver than a tour guide. I think if you go on one of the regular set schedules you will be fine but I had my own itinerary, which was discussed with Rony but I never felt I was on the same page with the driver. He was pleasant enough and we completed most of our plans but never felt much rapport.

Pricing per person seems to be fairly standard no matter which company you use.

• 3 weeks later...

Victor Bodden is rated the #1 tour

Rony's is rated the #2 tour

The rest are irrelevant. I researched both of them extensively and ended up going with Rony's. I think Rony's was cheaper was why?

• 4 weeks later...

We prefer Rony. We have toured with him yearly for many years. He is an awesome guy and will make sure you have a great day! The tours and pricing are very similar but the owner's are very different. Victor owns a home, zoo, real estate, etc and has lots of drivers. Rony lives in a humble home and actually drives tours himself. He gives time working with children's soccer teams. He does a lot for his community. I compare it to shopping at Walmart or a locally-owned store - kind of like our version of big business versus the little guy. All things being equal - Rony is our choice. We've always had a fabulous day with him.

We just returned from the Magic and used Rony's last week. I am in the process today of writing reviews (on my blog, then I'll get to CC) and Rony's has been the best tour guide we've ever used. I HIGHLY recommend them. I will post my comprehensive review on here later today or tomorrow. (I have a 2 week vacation to blog about first). Rony's is #1 in my opinion.

(We had Arnold as well btw)

We just returned from the Magic and used Rony's last week. I am in the process today of writing reviews (on my blog, then I'll get to CC) and Rony's has been the best tour guide we've ever used. I HIGHLY recommend them. I will post my comprehensive review on here later today or tomorrow. (I have a 2 week vacation to blog about first). Rony's is #1 in my opinion.

(We had Arnold as well btw)

Thanks for the info! I had decided to book Rony and now I feel like I made the right choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, lots of snorkeling options. We really like the Bananarama area of West Bay. Gorgeous sand or enjoy an incredible reef.

He can also take you to an orphanage. However, I recommend taking things to children in Coxen Hole. You can interact with the children directly. They are just precious and are so appreciative of everything you give. The last time we visited the orphanage, they had so many supplies, we couldn't even give things directly to the children. Everything was taken from us and put in a closet.

Can they also hook you up with snorkeling? I want to snorkel as well as take supplies to the local orphanage

Any of the tour companies can take you wherever you want to go if you reserve a private driver for your group.

Write directly to the your operators and discuss the activities you want to schedule and see where they suggest. Pick the options that suit you best.

Yes, lots of snorkeling options. We really like the Bananarama area of West Bay. Gorgeous sand or enjoy an incredible reef.

He can also take you to an orphanage. However, I recommend taking things to children in Coxen Hole. You can interact with the children directly. They are just precious and are so appreciative of everything you give. The last time we visited the orphanage, they had so many supplies, we couldn't even give things directly to the children. Everything was taken from us and put in a closet.

Thank you for the wonderful advice!! I’m sure the guide can steer us right to the place we need to be then. Any suggestions on what to take ?

Can they also hook you up with snorkeling? I want to snorkel as well as take supplies to the local orphanage

Please be aware, the snorkeling in front of Banarama is not worth getting wet for. One need walk down the beach (5 mins) just past Infinity's L shaped pier to access boat free reef snorklling.