Millennium smoking port or aft? balcony?

travelingla

We are getting ready to book cabins for our family today and would prefer to avoid the balconies on the 'smoking' side if possible. I've read conflicting reports here and wondered if anyone knows for sure - but perhaps I'll call Celebrity -- but do the reps even know? :o

Also, is smoking allowed on the balconies? If so, then chances are we could be next door to a smoker anyway.....

Thanks for helping!

We are getting ready to book cabins for our family today and would prefer to avoid the balconies on the 'smoking' side if possible. I've read conflicting reports here and wondered if anyone knows for sure - but perhaps I'll call Celebrity -- but do the reps even know? :o

Also, is smoking allowed on the balconies? If so, then chances are we could be next door to a smoker anyway.....

Thanks for helping!

All the smoking areas are on the port side. Smoking is not permitted on any veranda's on the ship, port, starboard or aft. Also, no indoor smoking.

S class ships have a smoking area on the starboard side on deck 14 at the Mast Grill but it only impacts others if you are walking or jogging up there.

I didn't see you were asking specifically about Millennium which is an M class ship.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
Didn't see question specifically for Millennium

I did not make it clear in the post but in fact I was requesting info on M ships(in the title) -- thank you both so much and, if all else fails.....go to FAQ on the Celebrity website.... right??

I found the 'policy': (and it does not clarify side either)

What is Celebrity Cruises’ Smoking Policy?

A.For the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, our ships are designated as non-smoking; however, we recognize that some of our guests smoke. Therefore, to provide an onboard environment that also satisfies smokers, we have designated certain areas of the ship as "smoking areas." Generally, smoking is not permitted except in designated areas. (Contact Guest Relations for additional details). This policy includes smoking-like products such as electronic cigarettes.

Smoking is not permitted inside any guest stateroom; nor on any guest veranda. If a guest is in violation of this policy, a cleaning fee of $250 USD will be applied to their SeaPass® account and the guest may be subject to further action pursuant to the "Consequences Section" of this Guest Conduct Policy.

Celebrity Cruises kindly asks all guests to please observe the non-smoking areas and to refrain from smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars in any of the non-designated areas. These requests are made to provide a comfortable shipboard environment for everyone. Where permitted, cigarettes, cigars and pipe tobacco must always be properly disposed of and never thrown overboard. A guest must be at least 18 years of age to purchase, possess or use tobacco.

99% of the time the smoking area is on the port side of the ship near the lifeboats. But once in a while the wind is too strong and they have to close that side of the ship, or they are doing maintenance there, or taking on fuel. In those rare cases, they move the smoking side to the starboard side.

As already noted, there is no smoking on balconies.

Thanks for helping!

Smoking is not allowed on the balconies. However, when we were on Constellation, we did notice several cruisers smoking on their balconies around us. We have not experienced that on the S class ships. Not sure why.

They generally take smoking on the balcony pretty seriously. If you can identify the specific stateroom just call guest relations to report it. They will send security to warn the passenger about it. Generally this takes care of it.

Thanks for helping!

Below are the common smoking areas aboard Millennium. Areas subject change at the ship's discretion.

• Deck 11 - Mast Bar - Open deck port side
  • Deck 10 - Aft port side Sunset Bar
  • Deck 10 - Port side open deck from the solarium to the midship
  • Deck 4 - Port side

Smoking is not permitted inside any guest stateroom, nor on any guest veranda.