Question about 11 night Tahiti/Tuamoto Wind Spirit cruise.

KathiB

We are on the July 1, 2018 sailing that includes the Tuamotu Islands as well as Bora Bora, Moorea, etc. We have two days in Bora Bora. I am curious about the overnight stay in Bora Bora and the beach day/evening BBQ that happens while at Bora Bora. The first day we get in around 8:00am and we leave the second day around 3:00pm. So I am wondering which day would be the beach BBQ event? Trying to book some excursions and knowing the schedule for those two days would be helpful. Anyone?

We are on the July 1, 2018 sailing that includes the Tuamotu Islands as well as Bora Bora, Moorea, etc. We have two days in Bora Bora. I am curious about the overnight stay in Bora Bora and the beach day/evening BBQ that happens while at Bora Bora. The first day we get in around 8:00am and we leave the second day around 3:00pm. So I am wondering which day would be the beach BBQ event? Trying to book some excursions and knowing the schedule for those two days would be helpful. Anyone?

KathiB, Looks like there isn't anyone on the Windstar pages that has been on the 11 day Tahiti Cruise that can answer your question. We are going December 2018 and I will let you know when we return. Then at least one of us will know before we (you go) :D Happy sailing.

Thanks, Pauon. That would be great. I am assuming since it is an evening event that it will be the first night. And we are supposed to sail at 3:00pm the second day. Just would like some clarification. Please come back and let us now after your cruise. Have a wonderful time!

We did the 11 Day cruise last year and yep the BBQ is on the 1st night there starts around 5ish they bring in different boats to take everyone to the Motu. the fire dancers were not bad and the food was excellent. I would do this tour again.... but then there are so many other places to go see

Been on the 11 day cruise also. Beach bbq on private motu is on the first day and perfectly scheduled. We did the snorkel with the sea rays the first morning after arrival in Bora Bora, had lunch, napped by the pool where we docked in the most scenic part of the lagoon, then later got ready for the bbq. I recall it being more close to 5 p.m. but I could be wrong. EXCELLENT food! The Tahitian band took a ride with us on the last tender and played the entire way back to the boat. Awesome sunset photos on the motu. Next day, just took a tour around Bora Bora with a stop at Bloody Marys. Bought t-shirts at Marys and handmade sarongs from one other stop. Enjoyed the natural beauty. We were shown the only public beach on the island and it looked o.k., nothing extraordinary. Looked for artwork after the tour but really didn't find anything. Not a whole lot to do on the island since the main town is kind of small. Most visitors fly in and are promptly whisked away from the airport to their respective over-water hotels to relax. We left promptly at 3 p.m. the second day. Spent just the right amount of time there. Windstar was the only way to visit to Bora Bora in my opinion. We saw SO much of the island on land and water. Enjoy!

Edited by badcub

• 3 months later...
Been on the 11 day cruise also. Beach bbq on private motu is on the first day and perfectly scheduled. We did the snorkel with the sea rays the first morning after arrival in Bora Bora, had lunch, napped by the pool where we docked in the most scenic part of the lagoon, then later got ready for the bbq. I recall it being more close to 5 p.m. but I could be wrong. EXCELLENT food! The Tahitian band took a ride with us on the last tender and played the entire way back to the boat. Awesome sunset photos on the motu. Next day, just took a tour around Bora Bora with a stop at Bloody Marys. Bought t-shirts at Marys and handmade sarongs from one other stop. Enjoyed the natural beauty. We were shown the only public beach on the island and it looked o.k., nothing extraordinary. Looked for artwork after the tour but really didn't find anything. Not a whole lot to do on the island since the main town is kind of small. Most visitors fly in and are promptly whisked away from the airport to their respective over-water hotels to relax. We left promptly at 3 p.m. the second day. Spent just the right amount of time there. Windstar was the only way to visit to Bora Bora in my opinion. We saw SO much of the island on land and water. Enjoy!

Glad to hear that Bloody Mary's is still there. My wife and I were there a number of years ago, and really enjoyed it. We will be back on a WS sailing either Oct or Nov 2018.

My wife and I, plus 2 other couples rented a sailboat, captain, and cook a number of years ago during the first of November. We only encountered rough seas during the trip to Bora Bora. I would think that if we went on to the outer islands, we would have also had rough seas. November is the beginning of the rainy season. We are booked on the October 7 sailing because of this.