Silhouette Port Change from FLL to Miami

cltnccruisers

Did you book direct with Celebrity or through an agency?

I am wondering if we booked through an agency if we would get an email/call direct or the agency who would then contact us?

We also booked direct.

Did you book direct with Celebrity or through an agency?

I am wondering if we booked through an agency if we would get an email/call direct or the agency who would then contact us?

We booked through our TA and Celebrity had contacted her directly yesterday. Our sailing is Dec 8th so we had already prepaid a Fort Lauderdale hotel for the night before.

Then on March 18, Silhouette and Eclipse will be disembarking passengers in Miami at the same time, then Silhouette will move to Port Everglades.

Also will be in POM Carnival Vista, Disney Magic, Empress Of The Seas, Norwegian Getaway and Oceania Riviera.

My question is this will affect the Eclipse boarding?

Edited by gerelmx

We're on the Silhouette in early December and will still use Everglades Cruiseport, however, with a bit adjustment. Here's the email from Celebrity:

cel_logo.png

About your upcoming travels

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard your 9-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise departing from Ft. Lauderdale on December 8, but first we have some important information to share with you.

As you may know, we’re building a transformative new ship, Celebrity Edge, that will revolutionize the way you experience the world. A ship this stunning deserves a terminal to match,so Port Everglades is building us one. This construction is due to begin in December and will result in some changes to your embarkation and debarkation process. To make your experience as carefree as your vacation, we’ll have extra Celebrity staff on hand to help you every step of the way.

Embarkation

• If you’re being dropped off at the port with your luggage, there are no changes to your embarkation process. Simply proceed to Terminal 29.

• If you’re parking at the port, please drop off additional guests and luggage at Terminal 29 first, and then proceed to the Northport Parking Garage to park your car.

• There will be complimentary shuttles back to the terminal from the parking lot.

• Please arrive at the port with ample time to accommodate these changes.

RTFImage_59e00498b9d6307d2f34aade.png

Debarkation

• Everyone will go through customs screening aboard the ship.

• All luggage will be transported to Broward County Convention Center. You will not be able to carry luggage off the ship yourself.

• We’ll transport you to the convention center to pick up your luggage.

• Transfers, taxis, and ride-sharing services will be available at the convention center.

• If you have an early flight, please let Guest Relations know early on in your cruise.

We understand this will be a bit disruptive, and we apologize for any inconvenience the terminal construction may cause. We truly want every moment of your vacation to be extraordinary, so we’ll do everything we can to make getting on and off your ship as easy as possible. And, to show our appreciation for your patience and understanding, we’re providing you with $25 per person to spend on board any way you like.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-280-3423.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

In Miami you should plan to park at the port -- POM charges $20/day (going up to $22/day in Dec) for parking that is covered, convenient and secure. No shuttle needed -- the walk from the garages to your check in is about 100 yards or so.

THIS!

In Miami, you definitely want to park at the port. The offsite locations are not known for their security. If you wish to find your car in the condition you left it, you want to be very careful about the lot you select.

Park N Go in Fort Lauderdale is great. If there is something comparable in Miami, it has yet to be found. You will read where folks say I parked (fill in the facility name) and had no problems. That is invariably followed by other folks saying the exact opposite.

There may be hotels that offer a park and cruise option. That might be a possibility if the lot is gated and secure.

For us, it is worth the cost of Miami port parking because of the security. We parked there for our Equinox cruise which occurred during Irma. Other than a lot of dust from the wind, the car was just the way we left it.

According to the Celebrity website's Itinerary Modifications webpage, the Silhouette's embarkation & disembarkation processes on Dec 8 & 17 are modified due to the Terminal 25 construction. I'm surprised that it's only these two Silhouette sailings since I would have expected the lengthy construction work to impact additional sailings around that time (beyond the temporary move to Miami in March). Anyone know if the departures immediately after these two sailings will be impacted? Or do they really expect to be back to "normal" for those sailings?

I'm guessing they're probably using another available terminal at PE instead of going to POM.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

According the the details on the Celebrity website, the Dec 8 sailing will use Terminal 29 (instead of the normal 25) for both embarkation & disembarkation (with modified procedures). The Dec 17 sailing will use Terminal 25 with a modified embarkation process (using the Broward County Convention Center, etc) and a "normal" disembarkation. So reading the tea leaves suggests that the brunt of the passenger-impacting work will occur in early December and be completed by the time the ship returns from its 7-night Dec 17 sailing. I'm hoping the construction stays reasonably on schedule.

According the the details on the Celebrity website, the Dec 8 sailing will use Terminal 29 (instead of the normal 25) for both embarkation & disembarkation (with modified procedures). The Dec 17 sailing will use Terminal 25 with a modified embarkation process (using the Broward County Convention Center, etc) and a "normal" disembarkation. So reading the tea leaves suggests that the brunt of the passenger-impacting work will occur in early December and be completed by the time the ship returns from its 7-night Dec 17 sailing. I'm hoping the construction stays reasonably on schedule.

After a bit of further research, I note that Port Everglades' Terminal 25, the usual berth for Silhouette, is now closed for renovations.

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/cruise-terminals/terminal-25/

So my assumption is that Silhouette will be using a different terminal when arriving Nov 19 from its TA, and not using Terminal 25 until its Dec 17 sailing (which has a modified embarkation process and "normal" disembarkation at Terminal 25). I would also assume that the Dec 8 sailing will return to Terminal 25 and not Terminal 29 which is where its embarkation takes place.

Still not clear if Silhouette will use Terminal 25 from that point until it moves to a Miami terminal for two March 2018 sailings. I suppose it might use other Port Everglades terminals depending on the other ships in port at the time.

Will the port construction be completed by April 2018?

The webpage I posted above says it will reopen Fall 2018, but I assume that is the total renovation ready for use by Edge. Since some Dec 2017 cruises are scheduled to use Terminal 25, I assume it will be "usable" by Silhouette and other ships during the remainder of the renovation project. May be a bit of a mess perhaps, but I wouldn't think Celebrity would post an itinerary update with Terminal 25 being used if they don't expect it to be used. But anything can happen to a construction schedule, so I'm staying tuned.

We're taking the Jan 7 Silhouette cruise and am only assuming embarkation somewhere in Port Everglades for now.

Will the port construction be completed by April 2018?

Regarding April 2018, it's anyone's guess at this moment. I note that the only Silhouette sailings that have (so far) been moved to Miami are the March 4 & March 11 dates.

What's interesting is that the March 18 sailing is scheduled to embark from Port Everglades' Terminal 26 but with a late boarding & sailing. Given that the March 11 sailing disembarks in Miami on March 18, they will need to sail the "empty" ship to Port Everglades for the March 18 embarkation... and therefore a late sailing.

My assumption (and just an assumption) is that Silhouette will use Port Everglades from that point until its April 15 TA.

We are doing b2b Cruises on Silhouette on 11th then 18th March 2018. We haven’t yet been informed of the change by Celebrity but it is showing when logging onto their web site. We would therefore be interested to know what the procedure will be when we arrive back in Miami on 18th March. Anyone have any idea?

We are doing b2b Cruises on Silhouette on 11th then 18th March 2018. We haven’t yet been informed of the change by Celebrity but it is showing when logging onto their web site. We would therefore be interested to know what the procedure will be when we arrive back in Miami on 18th March. Anyone have any idea?

Interesting situation... you leave & return on the first cruise from Miami, but take the "back-to-back" from & to Port Everglades. I'm sure you're not the only ones back-to-back so they'll have to work out some accommodations. Perhaps they'll let you stay on board when they move the ship from Miami to Port Everglades on the 18th. Unless you want to get off for a day in the Miami area, it would make sense to let you stay on board.

I assume the posted delayed departure of the 18th sailing is due to having to move the ship from Miami to Port Everglades.

I'd suggest a call to Celebrity for your specific situation.