Anyone know the extent of refit/upgrade on Saphire scheduled March 2018?

Literary Lynne

Hi All

I have never sailed with Princess before - usually Azamara or Celebrity, but am interested in a cruise from Southampton in May 2018. I can see that Saphire is due to go into drydock for some upgrading in March 2018 but cannot find what work is to be done. Does anyone know please?

Also, there are very few Saphire reviews and the ones I can find are mostly from her extensive sailing in Asia and seem to focus on the destination. Can anyone who has sailed on her tell me a little more about her general style, ambiance etc.

Thank you

Lynne :)

Lynne - Cruise ships go into a dockyard twice every 5 years for maintenance & to keep their operating certificates up to date.

Refits may take place at this time but it is not the reason for the docking.

The only upgrade that is known is that new mattresses will be installed.

Sapphire has been on charter in China for quite some time & the charter is due to finish in Hong Kong around 17th November when she departs for Singapore. Operates out of Singapore until the docking next March at Sembawang Singapore before the 38 day repositioning to Southampton where she works out of until returning to Singapore in Oct. 2018.

Princess is considerably better in my opinion to RCC, in that it is a true 4 star operation.

Thank you Sea Dog-46. That is all very interesting to learn.

I have just booked the cruise on Saphire from Southampton - Guernsey, La Coruna, Le Verdun, Bilbao and back to Southampton in May 2018. Very excited not only because we haven't visited any of those ports previously but also to be sailing on a Princess ship.

Regards

Lynne:)