LIVE - Food/Wine from the Voyager 4/23

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Read Regent Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Regent Cruises Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:42 PM.
San Diego, CA
2,320 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Of the North American beers listed, the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is the one you should try. Hope this helps.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dave
UPCOMING CRUISES (146 nights)
2017 Regent Explorer - Nov. - Lisbon to Miami ( TA + Caribbean)
2018 Regent Voyager - Mar. - Bali to Bangkok (B2B)
2018 Silversea Explorer - Jul. - Nome to Nome

2018 Regent Mariner - Dec. - Circumnavigation of Australia
2019 Regent Explorer - Mar. - Los Angeles to Miami
2019 Regent Voyager - Nov. - Dubai to Singapore
PAST CRUISES
Regent Explorer - 2017, 2016 (74 nights)
Regent Mariner - 2016, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008 (176 nights)
Regent Voyager - 2015, 2014, 2012 (65 nights)
Regent Navigator - 2013, 2011, 2010 (43 nights)

Contact Davefr
Dartford, Kent, England
408 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by RachelG
The beers listed are those that are always available; however, they do bring other local beers on from time to time when in port. On our cruise that included ireland, they had several local brews available as well as hard cider that I did enjoy ( not a beer fan). So it depends where you are cruising. All beers are from a bottle, none on tap.
rachelG thanks for your reply. We are sailing from Barcelona to Southampton, bottles don't worry me, but with that selection then I might have to drink wine or shorts, that will be a great hardship (only joking will love it).

DaveF, thanks for the hint, will try it, lager (or the British version I find is to gassy)

Regards
Marion and Kerry
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
San Diego, CA
2,320 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Thanks for posting all the menus and lists, TC. Since we'll be on the Voyager in about a month, it's very helpful.

BTW, assuming the price for the Louis Roederer Cristal Rose Champagne is not a typo (), I'd suggest buying every bottle you can lay your hands on. It would be one of the great bargains of all time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dave
UPCOMING CRUISES (146 nights)
2017 Regent Explorer - Nov. - Lisbon to Miami ( TA + Caribbean)
2018 Regent Voyager - Mar. - Bali to Bangkok (B2B)
2018 Silversea Explorer - Jul. - Nome to Nome

2018 Regent Mariner - Dec. - Circumnavigation of Australia
2019 Regent Explorer - Mar. - Los Angeles to Miami
2019 Regent Voyager - Nov. - Dubai to Singapore
PAST CRUISES
Regent Explorer - 2017, 2016 (74 nights)
Regent Mariner - 2016, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008 (176 nights)
Regent Voyager - 2015, 2014, 2012 (65 nights)
Regent Navigator - 2013, 2011, 2010 (43 nights)

Contact Davefr
Santa Rosa, Ca
174 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by DaveFr
Of the North American beers listed, the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is the one you should try. Hope this helps.
To bad there isn't more small brewers ales on board. There are so many now in the USA.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Arizona
1,190 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
When we were going thru the Med this past November, they had Mythos (think I spelled that right, a Greek lager) on board (bottle) which we thought was pretty cool. Two years before we had suggested that Regent should try to carry some regional brews in their sailings around the world.

Greg
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
USNA72

"Big Red Boat" Bahamas 1995
Destiny Caribbean 1996
Elation Mexico 1998
RSSC Mariner Caribbean 2002
RSSC Navigator Alaska 2002
RSSC Navigator TransCanal 2003
Paul Gauguin Tahiti 2004 B2B
RSSC Voyager Baltic Aug 2004
RCCL Mariner of the Seas Caribbean 2005
RSSC Mariner Auckland to LA 2005
RSSC Voyager Monte Carlo to Dover 2006
Paul Gauguin Papeete-Fiji 2007
RSSC Navigator Athens to Monte Carlo B2B2B
Silver Cloud Norwegian Fjords CPH-CPH 2010
RSSC Voyager Barcelona to Dubai 2011
RSSC Mariner Miami-Cape Horn-Buenos Aires 2012
Silver Shadow Vancouver-Tokyo 2013
Oceania Marina Auckland-Papeete 2014
Silver Whisper Southampton-Montreal 2014
Ruby Princess LA-Hawaii R/T 2016
Oceania Sirena Papeete-Papeete 2017
Washington State
23,062 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
DaveFr: It must be a typo. . . . but, I do recall it being much less expensive than expected. Will check when I get back upstairs (I post in the computer room because it does not lose the connection as easily as in the suite).

Poss: We are red wine drinkers. . . . our favorite, so far, from the menu, was "Chaeau Tanunda, Grand Barossa Valley Shiraz, South Australia, 2008" (we are not generally lovers of Shiraz). Also enjoy Bogle wines -- available if you ask at no cost.

charltonkerry: You can request a special beer to have onboard if you think it is easy to obtain at one of the ports you will be visiting. Either have your TA contact Regent or contact them yourself. Once onboard, you can certainly ask if a specific beer can be obtained at an upcoming port.

English Tim: Taste is subjective..... however, I find the champagne on board to be quite good. I had some this morning (Sunday) with caviar at breakfast. Also have had Kir Royale's in the bar and occasionally have mimosas.

Sorry if I missed any questions. My next challenge is the comparison of La Veranda and Compass Rose at lunch. I may not have been clear about where we are having lunch every day. . . . . La Veranda. When I'm read for a hamaburger, it will be at the Pool Bar. Hmmmmm, need to write something on that as well. This has been a lesson in just how many food options there really is on Regent.
Washington State
23,062 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Corrections to bar menu. Just went back to the suite and proof-read the Bar Menu post. Considering the fact that I wasn't wearing reading glasses, it wasn't too bad:-)

For those who wear reading glasses, without them it is easy to read 525.00 and $25.00 (sort of?). Enough excuses -- Louis Roederer Cristal Rose 2002 is $525.00 per bottle (sorry)

Under "ARMAGNAC" I neglected to add the following:

Folles Blanches 12 year old $11.00
Larresingle Laubad X.O. $11.00

and.....

Under the "PORT" category, I did not put a price for Graham's Malvedos 1998. It is $13

Last (thankfully) is under "COGNAC". The Martell Cordon Bleu is $19.00 -- not $19.99.

I tried to post this from the iPad in my suite which I am finding pretty useless. It drops the connection constantly. This might vary depending upon your suite location.
103 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Let me add my thanks to you for posting all these menus. I know it's a very time-consuming task, but it's very much appreciated. Could you let me know whether veggie burgers are available at any of the venues on the ship, particularly at the pool grill? I was disappointed not to see them as an option on the room service menu, and am wondering whether my travel agent can request Regent to add this item for my sailing (I'm a vegetarian).
Washington State
23,062 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Originally posted by Chloe's mom
Let me add my thanks to you for posting all these menus. I know it's a very time-consuming task, but it's very much appreciated. Could you let me know whether veggie burgers are available at any of the venues on the ship, particularly at the pool grill? I was disappointed not to see them as an option on the room service menu, and am wondering whether my travel agent can request Regent to add this item for my sailing (I'm a vegetarian).
Will check the Pool Grill the next time I am there. I would be surprised not to see a veggie burger on the menu.
Washington State
23,062 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Never let it be said that Regent staff/management, etc. do not read this board. Goran, our Food and Beverage Manager, gave me a listing today of all included white and red wines for this cruise to enable me to post them on CC. Although some may change from cruise to cruise, we recognize many that are always available. Some may be in limited quantities but feel free to ask if the wine of the day is not to your liking.

WHITE WINES
St. Francis "Cellar Selection", Chardonnay, Sonoma County, CA 2009

Endeavour Vineyards 'Jackaroo", Chardonnay, South Eastern Australia 2008

Bogel Vineyards, Sauvignon Blanc, Clarksburg, CA 2010

Santa Gloria Rserve, Sauvignon Blanc, Maipo Valley, Chile 2011

Castino Luigi, Cortese Dell'Alto di Monferrato, Mombarcelly, Italy 2010

Scheid Vineyards Chardonnay, Napa Valley, CA 2008

Dry Creek Vineyards Fume Blanc, Sonoma County, CA 2010

Fontana Candida, Frascati Superiore D.O.C., Lazio, Italy 2010

Sancerre Moments Choisis, Loire Valley, France, 2009

Gavi Principessa Gavi, D.O.C.G., Piedmont, Italy 2009

Michel Picard, Pouilly Fuisse, A.O.C. France, 2008

St. Supery, Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley, CA 2009

Bouchard Pere & Fils "Saint-Pierre", Macon-Lugny, AOC, France 2009

Tenuta Guado al Tasso, Vermentino, Tuscany, Italy 2010

Lyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand 2011

Rufino Cellars, Orvieto Classici, D.O.C. Firenze, Italy 2010

RED WINES

Chateau Tanuda, Grand Barossa Valley Shiraz, South Ausdtralian, 2008

Estancia Reserve, Pinot Noir, Santa Lucia, CA 2007

Emiliana Emico, Syrah-Malbec, Colchagua Valley, Chile 2009

Brassfield "high Serenity Ranch", Cabernet Sauvignon, Lake County, CA 2006

M. Chapoutier, Crozes-Hermitage, Petite Ruche, France 2009

Placido, Chianti D.O.C.G., Tuscant Italy 2009

Agricola Allegrini, Valpolicella Classico Superiore D.O.C., Veneto, Italy 2008

Serabel, Chateneuf-du-Pape A.O.C. Rhone Valley, France 2008

Cline Cellers, "Cashmere", Sonoma County, CA 2009

Bogle Vineyards, Cabernet Sauvignon, Clarksburg 2009

Entico, Syrah, Malbec, Colchagua, Chihli 2009

M. Chapoutier, Les Vignes de Bila-Haut, Cotes du Roussillon Villages, France 2009

Santa Gloria "Reserve", Cabernet Sauvignon, Maipo Valley, Chile 2009

Oyster Bay, Pinot Noir, Marlborough, New Zealand 2011

Corvo, Nero D'Avolo, I.G.T. Sicily, Italy 2019 (their typo -- not mine:-)

Quote from the bottom of their list:

"A Day Without Wine is like a Day Without Sunshine
Cheers"
3,216 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Kazu: Having only sailed on Regent, I don't know what the other cruise lines' boards are like, but I want to point something out about Regent's. You've probably seen that many posters speak of the excellent service on board Regent: how people really like and care about the employees and how the staff seems genuinely to care about the passengers and go about their duties with visible pride and pleasure. I wanted to say that the same spirit of helpfulness and friendliness and going above and beyond for the sake of others is very much in evidence on the Regent message board. It's something I've appreciated very much over the years.
If you try Regent, I hope you'll love the experience as much as we have.
Tulsa OK
7,653 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by Chloe's mom
There actually several different veggie burgers on the pool grill menu. I have tried a couple and they were really good.
Arizona
1,190 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Jackie,
If you and Dennis get the chance and are willing, give this a try:

I really am a fan of some of the B&G Chateneuf-du-Pape I have bought in shops here and would like to get your opinion of this one.

I know it's a tough mission .

Greg
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
USNA72

"Big Red Boat" Bahamas 1995
Destiny Caribbean 1996
Elation Mexico 1998
RSSC Mariner Caribbean 2002
RSSC Navigator Alaska 2002
RSSC Navigator TransCanal 2003
Paul Gauguin Tahiti 2004 B2B
RSSC Voyager Baltic Aug 2004
RCCL Mariner of the Seas Caribbean 2005
RSSC Mariner Auckland to LA 2005
RSSC Voyager Monte Carlo to Dover 2006
Paul Gauguin Papeete-Fiji 2007
RSSC Navigator Athens to Monte Carlo B2B2B
Silver Cloud Norwegian Fjords CPH-CPH 2010
RSSC Voyager Barcelona to Dubai 2011
RSSC Mariner Miami-Cape Horn-Buenos Aires 2012
Silver Shadow Vancouver-Tokyo 2013
Oceania Marina Auckland-Papeete 2014
Silver Whisper Southampton-Montreal 2014
Ruby Princess LA-Hawaii R/T 2016
Oceania Sirena Papeete-Papeete 2017
Perinton, New York
2,386 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Veggie burger at Pool grill comparable to Morning Star black bean burger I have at home. You can add a variety of toppings.
Washington State
23,062 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Originally posted by gdlamberth
Jackie,
If you and Dennis get the chance and are willing, give this a try:

I really am a fan of some of the B&G Chateneuf-du-Pape I have bought in shops here and would like to get your opinion of this one.

I know it's a tough mission .

Greg
Hi Greg,: Coincidentally, some of this exact wine was sent to our suite for tasting tonight. Although we just finished a bottle of wine at dinner, we have sampled this and found it extremely good. Definitely not a touch mission
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tolerance and Patience are two things we all need..........
Total nights: Regent = 400 (TITANIUM) / Silversea = 36 / Oceania = 26 (Upcoming 104 nights: 3 Explorer, 2 Voyager and 1 Mariner)

Sailings per ship: Explorer (4), Voyager (11), Mariner (11), Navigator (3), PG (1), Silver Spirit (1), Silver Whisper (1), Silver Shadow (1), Oceania Riviera (2)

Itineraries Sailed: Alaska (3 sailings) / Baltics / Barcelona – Dubai / Barcelona - Miami / Cape Town – Rio (2 sailings) / Cape Town - Cape Town / E. & W. Caribbean (4 sailings) / CHRISTENING CRUISE - Explorer - Monte Carlo-Monte Carlo / Ft. Lauderdale – Lima / Istanbul-Istanbul / Istanbul-Venice / London-Monte Carlo / Miami – Barcelona 2 sailings) / Miami-Miami (Amazon) / Mumbai – Bali / New York-Southampton / Rome to Lisbon / Singapore to Sydney / Stockholm - Copenhagen / Tahiti / Venice-Rome / Vancouver-Tokyo
Washington State
23,062 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Chloe's mom: The Pool Deck menu was sent to our suite. It appears that there are three burgers that qualify as "vegetarian" -- not sure but I think so:

HAMBURGERS
All burgers are served with toasted sesame bun, french or sweet potato fries

Tofu Green Onion Veggie Burger w/garlic, soy and sesame mayonnaise

Vegetarian burger, ground vegetables with oatmeal, Creole sauce.

Portobello and Feta Cheese Burger with Tzatziki Sauce

Traditional Black Angus Hamaburger or Cheeseburger, American, Provoline or Swiss Cheese

Avocado Tuna Burger -- Burger Bun, Arugula, Tomatoes and Avacado Relish with Cilantro

Bacon Beef Burger with Gorgonzola Cheese, Chipotle-Honey Barbeque sauce, Roma tomatoes

Philly Beef Burger. Smothered Onions, Sauteed Mushrooms, Provolone Cheese

Pesto Beef Burger with mozzarela Cheese, sun-dried tomato mayonnaise

Asian Salmon Burger, green onion and soy mayonnaise

Southwestern Beef Burger, crisp bacon, sauteed onions, jalapeno peppers and barbeque sauce.

SPECIALITIES
6 Pieces of Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip and Celery Sticks

Grilled or Blackened Fish Fillet of the Day, Creole Sauce and French Fries

SANDWICHES
ALSO VEGETARIAN: Panini Caprese, crispy Italian bread with tomato, mozzarella & pesto sauce
Cuban Sandwich - Crisp Cuban Bread with Ham, Roasted Pork, Cheese, Mustard and Dill Pickles
Chicken Sandwich, Cajun Spice or Plain Grilled on Toasted Sesame Bun with Creole Sauce

HOT DOGS
Traditional -- Beef frank with toasted bun, mustard, sweet pickle relish, chopped onions and fresh tomato
New York Deli Dog -- topped with Sauerkraut and mustard.
Washington State
23,062 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
La Veranda vs. Compass Rose at Lunch. This was quite the challenge. The bottom line is that the hot entrees on the La Veranda buffet is the same as in Compass Rose. The soup available in La Veranda is one of two choices in Compass Rose. I will somehow indicate below items that are the same:

APPETIZERS
Soused Fish Ceviche in lime juice and tomato
Fried Zucchini Patties with Greek cheese and vegetable crisps
Panache of Crunchy Mixed Greens with your choice of dressing
Seasonal Fruit cup

SOUPS
Miso soup with tofu and shrimp (SAME AS LA VERANDA)
Chilled Tangerine Cream

SANDWICHES OF THE DAY
Grilled Reuben Sandwich Rye Bread filled with corned brisket of beef, sauerkraut and swiss cheese.
Rosemary flavored focaccia with ricotta cheese and egg salad
Cajun Beef Burger

SALAD ENTREES
Caesar Salad with your choice of topping. Grilled or blacked Chicken Breast or Shrimp.
Fried Sesame Chicken Salad tossed with light soy-ginger dressing
Assorted Smoked Fish Plate with Seasonal vegetables and soft boiled egg.

ENTREES (ALL OFFERED IN LA VERANDA)
Fettucine con Polpettine di Vitello. Fettuccine pasta with fresh tomato sauce and veal meatballs.
Fried Cod Fillet, parsley potatoes and Hungarian Paprika mayonnaise
Grilled Marinated Korean-style Flan k Steak with Stir-fried rice.
Roasted Pork Loin with Ricotta Stuffing, Olive stuffed Tomatoes and Fondant potatoes

VEGETARIAN SELECTIONS
Fried Zucchini Patties with Greek Cheese and Vegetable Crisps
Chilled Tangerine Cream
Rosemary Flavored Focaccia with Ricotta Cheese and Egg Salad

CANYON RANCH
Canyon Ranch Caesar (105 calories)
Cod Fillet (290 calories)
Fresh fruit Cup (70 calories)

Always Available Menu posted previously

DESSERTS
Pear Bourdaloue Tart -- Poached Pear and Almond Cream Tart
Chocolate Croissant pudding on Marbled Sauce
No suggar added Coconut Mousse Pyramid on Pineapple Carpaccio
Ice cream
Ice Cup Meringue - Vanilla Ice Cream, Raspberry Sorbet, Meringue and Whipped Cream
Ice Cream of the day: Spumoni - Mango
No sugar added Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Vanilla Frozen Yogurt -- Raspberry Sorbet
Washington State
23,062 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
LA VERANDA LUNCH. I took notes on everything I could (getting rather strange looks). Some items did not have explanatory signs.

As you enter La Veranda, there is a pizza station before you approach the buffet. There are three pizza choices every day. Margarita pizza (always offered)....... today's other offerings was salmon pizza and mushroom/onion (another possible vegetarian option).

The salad bar had:
Cucumbers
3 types of lettuce
anchovy
bacon bits
parmesan - sliced

Dressing: Italian/Balsamic/Vinaigrette/Caesar/Thousand Island/French/blue Cheese

Pre-made salads:

Chicken Salad
Seafood Salad
Large shrimps
Potato Salad
Pasa Salad
Rice and Corn Salad
Endive with Sardines
Bread with feta cheese
ham roll-ups
Ham and salami
Proscuitto
Caraway Rolls with liver sausage and sliced pickles

On the side:
Olives -- black and green
Jalapenos
Things that I have missed -- sorry.

Also:

Whole Wheat Chiabatta with salmon salad and cucumbers
Pita w/Humus and Sauteed Mushrooms
Flank Seak (horseradish and gravy on side) -- this is at carving station

Cod Fillet
Mixed Vegetables
Roasted Pork Loin
Roasted potatoes
Rice
Souvlaki Chicken
Mashed Potatoes

At pasta station: Pasta Con Polpettioe di Vitello (misspelled) - Veal Meatballs in tomato sauce.

Miso Soup w/tofu and shrimp

DESSERT
Paris Brest (not a typo) -- flakey pastry with mocha or hazelnut cream (delicious)
No sugar added cookies and regular cookies
Raspberry Cup Cakes
Coconut Mousse Terrine
Pear Bourdaloue Tart
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Fruit Tartlet
Fresh fruit - sliced

CHEESES
St. Nc Taire
Danish Blue
Havarti
Edam
Emmenthaler

There is also a hot dessert dish. Today it was Croissant Chocolate Chip Pudding w/cream or custard

NOTE: These items change a lot. This is just a sample that I am giving per request.

Tomorrow we have a rather long tour. I need to post tonight 's CR menu but it may take 24 hours or so.

Also have to say that poss' post (prior to mine) explains the crew on Regent perfectly. They are here to make your cruise the best it can possibly be. Take some time to get to know them. . . . . they will also get to know you and this will make the cruise just a little bit better.