Why I believe Royal Caribbean is the best line for over 55 solo travelers.

serialcruiser48

The reason I believe RCCL is the best cruise line for the solo traveler is the Diamond Club and Concierge Lounge. Once you have 80 cruise nights you become Diamond level and your key card will give you access to a private club called the Diamond Club. In the Diamond Club, you have access to specialty coffee 24/7. Also they have a Diamond breakfast if you don't want to go the Windjammmer (Lido deck) and hors d'oeuvres in the evening.

Best of all is the FREE DRINKS for 3 1/2 hours every evening from 430-8pm and this attracts just about everyone who is Diamond and above. This is one of the best ways to meet people because you see the same folks again and again.

As an experienced cruiser with most major lines RCCL has the most to offer frequent cruisers. Also, when you have a cabin by yourself, you will get double points speeding your way to the Diamond level.

If you can afford a Suite, then you will have these benefits and more instantly without needing any cruise nights.

• 1 month later...

Gee seems like alot of cruises to get flavoured coffee. I went on Regent Seven Seas and got all that the first time, Illy coffee machine in your cabin, fresh fruit every day, free stocked fridge and unlimited drinks everywhere on board etc. along with a beautiful balcony suite. You ought to try it sometime. Air, taxes, gratuities and transportation from airport to ship included. Wonderful ships and not soooo big, plus all excellent land excursions included. Hard to beat. I am saving to go again.

Edited by daisybbx

Gee seems like alot of cruises to get flavoured coffee. I went on Regent Seven Seas and got all that the first time, Illy coffee machine in your cabin, fresh fruit every day, free stocked fridge and unlimited drinks everywhere on board etc. along with a beautiful balcony suite. You ought to try it sometime. Air, taxes, gratuities and transportation from airport to ship included. Wonderful ships and not soooo big, plus all excellent land excursions included. Hard to beat. I am saving to go again.

👍 Agree! Regent has become our preferred line over the years. With 240 nights it's Platinum status for us with complimentary laundry....a BIG plus! Can't wait for our next voyage...less than 3 months to go!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I have been on larger and small ships. Met pretty much no one in the larger ships, made lifetime friendships on the Windsurf.

Agree that smaller ships are best for solos regardless of age. I prefer Seabourn but similar concept as Windstar. Friendly, well traveled passengers. All inclusive-no nickle and diming. As a single traveler you can host parties and "buy" drinks for your new friends.

The least expensive Regent Seven Seas cabin is more expensive than a suite on RCCL. And that is fine if a person can afford it. But for the price difference. I prefer RCCL in a Oceanview or Balcony and use the $1000 difference for excursions and drink packages, etc. And in 80 sea days the perks are great.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have friends goi g for their 50 anniversary and I am joining in the fun. But I would like to explore alittle on the ship as well.

Any card players or Mexican train domino players

Serenade of the seas 1/23/207

Edited by chatty1cat

I have friends goi g for their 50 anniversary and I am joining in the fun. But I would like to explore alittle on the ship as well.

Any card players or Mexican train domino players

Serenade of the seas 1/23/207

You may get a better response from your other cruise mates by posting this on your Roll Call.