Permitted swimwear

beckyboo1986

Hi all,

I just wondered whether it's normally acceptable to wear Brazillian biniki bottoms around the pool?

I know this is more a European thing so if it's likely to offend people then I'll buy some normal bottoms.

Obviously if I go anywhere away from the pool (even walking to a bar) I always cover up so it's not like I'll be walking around the ship with my booty out.

I couldn't really see a forum for attire so thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

Photos may be needed for a proper determination. I've never seen anything unacceptable, but there will probably be someone getting their knickers in a twist. Maybe time for another discussion of Alter Thong

Photos may be needed for a proper determination. I've never seen anything unacceptable, but there will probably be someone getting their knickers in a twist. Maybe time for another discussion of Alter Thong

[emoji1303]this. Can't judge without photos [emoji102][emoji160]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all,

I just wondered whether it's normally acceptable to wear Brazillian biniki bottoms around the pool?

I know this is more a European thing so if it's likely to offend people then I'll buy some normal bottoms.

Obviously if I go anywhere away from the pool (even walking to a bar) I always cover up so it's not like I'll be walking around the ship with my booty out.

I couldn't really see a forum for attire so thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

Can you wear them...yes, of course.

Should you wear them...well, as stated we would need more information.

A cruise is just like any other setting. You will see a lot of people and wonder how it was that they looked in the mirror after getting dressed and thought "Da%#, I look good!"

Sorry I didn't realise this would spark such interest lol

I agree, body shaming isn't cool.

Because this is my first cruise, I just didn't know what the usual cruise etiquette is.

Generally I think I can get away with wearing them so hopefully I won't be putting people off their holidays too much.

Sorry I didn't realise this would spark such interest lol

I agree, body shaming isn't cool.

Because this is my first cruise, I just didn't know what the usual cruise etiquette is.

Generally I think I can get away with wearing them so hopefully I won't be putting people off their holidays too much.

Welcome to cruising.

Of course I had to look it up, who came up with that one......

I don't know who invented it, but CruiseLifeRick joked about it in a past cruise review and we all had to go see what it was just like you.;p

Hard to burn that image out of one's mind.

CaptainNappin, couldn't someone just as easily argue that you are the one looking for something to be offended about, and that you are being an annoying, whiny baby about peoples' butts right now? You are simultaneously asserting your right to find something offensive and complaining about others being offended by things.

I don't know how anyone could possibly... I am quite literally asking people to be respectful and nice to one another.

It isn't "body shaming" unless you are directing the comments to specific people.

CaptainNappin,

A) That's incorrect.

B) Even if it were correct, the disparaging comment about Russian men wearing speedos was intended to shame those with bodies like "Russian men" from wearing speedos. The specific people are "Russian men" or those with bodies like "Russian men".

In the same thread as you've called people whiny babies for pointing out we shouldn't be trying to make people feel bad about their bodies (and what they choose to wear to a pool), you're claiming to promote respectfulness. That's a head scratcher.

Wear whatever you feel good in. There's no rule about that swimsuit style, although Puritanical Americans will seethe at their own inability to be so fierce.

"What other people think of me is none of my business." ~RuPaul

I am pretty sure they were talking about modest swimsuits, not shoes. But I wouldn't mind if someone wore water shoes in the pool.

I was not talking about modest swimsuits and water shoes.

The man was dressed exactly as I described in my post.

I cannot imagine that he had properly showered (as required by the rules) before entering the pool.

In my opinion that is very unhygienic,and allowing it is setting a dangerous trend.